This Day in Pop: 'Me Against the Music' video premieres in 2003 (October 21)

meagainstthevideo.jpg.70d01ea857b4e3ec8bd55b420d2d9402.jpg219.jpg

On October 21, 2003, Britney Spears released the music video for Me Against the Music featuring Madonna. It was directed by Paul Hunter and choreographed by Kevin Tancharoen.

It starts with parking a Mazda and entering a New York night club, where she's seen by Madonna through the monitors, in a room full of men smoking cigars. A cat-and-mouse like chase begins through different parts of the club, including a wooden maze (which served as inspiration for the Piece of Me performance in Vegas).

e4cba205d8c51715568094f4d4d37f7a.jpg

3k2w.gif

As the video progresses, we also see scenes of Britney performing the choreography on various sets, including a neon-like room decorated with grafitti

tumblr_m3g6os9ovq1r3ty02o1_500.gif

and the iconic scene where we see Britney and Madonna separated by a wall, but dancing in synchronicity as, according to the director, Madonna's spirit pulls her making Britney anticipate her moves.

tumblr_pdp0kwId7K1vf4mrho2_500.gif

Britney finally reaches Madonna at the end of the video, only for her to disappear as we hear her laugh before Britney could kiss her.

d3022042f7fe0558f23f265b1e69e30d30de1597.jpg?mw=600

The music video premiered on MTV's Making the Video, and it was later premiered online on Yahoo! Music, where it reached more than 2 million views on its first 5 days. It landed at #36 on MTV Latin America's Top 100 of 2003.

641f8d938341c978f35963537d19d011.jpg

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block