Carly Rae Jepsen dances in The Loneliest Time and delivers heartwarming BOP AFTER BOP

It's finally here at midnight and it's currently scattered around the interwebs. 

The Loneliest Time is the new album by Carly Rae Jepsen, and it was written during the pandemic and recovery. The album details Carly's search for love. Nobody emotes loneliness in their bops the way that Carly does. It seems that this album takes note from all of her previous albums and condenses it in a variety package of BOPS. This is MY contender for ALBUM OF 2022 so far. 

Tracklist

1. Surrender My Heart - This SONG, in usual Carly fashion, starts the album out with a BOOM! This def rivals "Run Away With Me" in terms of starting out an album with a rainbow blast of love from the heart. The song is about Carly surrendering her heart and calling for love, putting it out there for the taking. 9/10. The only critique I have is about the overly-wordy prechorus. BUT, I LOVE IT! This is going to become a Carly classic in the the Jepsenator fanbase. 

2. Joshua Tree - This is a different sound from Carly's last few albums. It starts out with a guitar riff and turns into a groovy number with "dun duh da da da da" hook in the chorus. It's like "Western Wind's" edgy sis. Honestly, it's like Carly channeling No Doubt, maybe? lol

3. Talking To Yourself - It's a bouncy song about wondering if Carly's love interest is secretly talking to her when he is alone. It's a fun, upbeat song about loneliness. This is where Carly ALWAYS shines. 

4. Far Away - This one has a folk-pop vibe sort of like her very first album Tug Of War. It is a cool drum groove accompanied by a soft melody of strings and chimes. Of course it has an amazing power chorus that Carly is known for. It's a very chill song. 

5. Sideways - This one is another groovy track with a nice guitar riff in the background. It def has some vibes from the Dedicated era. It's another chill track with an uplifting chord progression. 

6. Beach House - This one was a single so it has been heard by most. The song is comedic, detailing failed dates in the verses and it builds up to an epic sing-along chorus with a funky synth. Of course, it also references organ harvesting. It def would not be my choice of a single but Carly seemed to like the comedic side to the song. 

7. Bends - THIS IS A BALLAD!!! CARLY hasn't included a ballad on an album is SOOO LONG it seems. Carly sounds so angelic here. It def calls back to her earliest album in the melodic parts but there are lot of synths. Overall, it's very experimental but beautiful!! One of my favorite tracks on the album. 

8. Western Wind - The album's first single, very nature-inspired and beautiful track. 

9. So Nice - The tour for this album is named after this song. This is a full fledge disco track. Very much similar to Dedicated but with a new spin. 

10. Bad Thing Twice - This one has a pulsing beat and guitars in the background. It's very similar to the opening track on the album, has a very punching chorus and is one of the highlights for the album. This song is about not having another bad relationship. Carly is playing around with her voice in this one and making it sound even more whispery and dreamy. Somehow, there's a little Shania Twain vibe in this one for me. I know that sounds weird, but there's something about it that makes me feel like Shania would sound great on this song. Def a highlight for me! It may be my fav track on the album. 

11. Shooting Star - THIS ONE IS A TRIP! The vocals are pitched and autotuned more than "It Should Be Easy". Does Will.I.Am have any involvement in this? HAHAHA It's a fun, hyperpop/disco track. It's a vibe. Very funky. 

12. Go Find Yourself Or Whatever - ANOTHER BALLAD!!! I LOVE IT!!! Yall, this one made me a little teary. This is def one of my favorites. Carly is setting a lover free so that they can go find themselves. UGHHHHH!!!! This one deserves to be a single. There is a folky vibe to it as well.  BRAVO, Carly! The emotion in this song is conveyed so well. One of the most heartfelt songs I have heard in a long time. We don't get songs like this lately. 

13. The Loneliest Time - This one is the most current single. It has a showtune/disco vibe that is BEAUTIFUL and so unique to this album. What a gorgeous song. Carly really made a classic with this one. I do think people will like this song as time goes on. It's a future classic. 

BONUS TRACKS

14. Anxious - A disco/80's track - a groovy track with a great chorus. It's about getting anxious when you are with a new lover. Def will be a fan favorite. 

15. No Thinking Over The Weekend - A ballad with funky synths. Very experimental. Talks about zodiacs and spacing out. Such a cool song!!!!

16. Keep Away - A ballad with electric piano and cool effects. 

OVERALL, this album is AMAZING and is my pick for album of 2022 so far. WOW! I truly hope more people find out about this album because Carly deserves the success on this one. It's experimental yet heartfelt. Carly truly has found a good, unique sound for herself. 

• Love 8

I've listed to about half of it, but I'm too sleepy after having done a bunch of assignments, so I'm going to bed. I'll finish tomorrow. Thanks for the write-up - it was a pleasure to read, and I'm so happy most fans seem to be loving the album. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Also, Joshua Tree kinda reminds me of Store. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Honestly, I could never rank her albums as I love them all equally, except for Kiss, which is her least good one. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: And even if I'm not completely obsessed with a song, she always sings with such passion and emotion that any song she puts out is a pleasure to listen to. There's a reason she's one of my top 3 faves. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 1
Just now, i sometimes sing live said:

I've listed to about half of it, but I'm too sleepy after having done a bunch of assignments, so I'm going to bed. I'll finish tomorrow. Thanks for the write-up - it was a pleasure to read, and I'm so happy most fans seem to be loving the album. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Also, Joshua Tree kinda reminds me of Store. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Honestly, I could never rank her albums as I love them all equally, except for Kiss, which is her least good one. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: And even if I'm not completely obsessed with a song, she always sings with such passion and emotion that any song she puts out is a pleasure to listen to. There's a reason she's one of my top 3 faves. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Yeah - I tried my best to remember the songs from my mind. I drove around with my dog and went to a coffee shop and just rode around just to listen to the album for the first time HAHAHA Then I got home and typed this. I wanna help build the hype for our girl! <3

• Love 1
Just now, jordeezy said:

Yeah - I tried my best to remember the songs from my mind. I drove around with my dog and went to a coffee shop and just rode around just to listen to the album for the first time HAHAHA Then I got home and typed this. I wanna help build the hype for our girl! <3

Most people who're fans of both Carly and Taylor are saying Carly won. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: I need to get to Tegan and Sara's new album too. So much to do... :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Just now, i sometimes sing live said:

Most people who're fans of both Carly and Taylor are saying Carly won. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: I need to get to Tegan and Sara's new album too. So much to do... :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

HAHAHA We shall see. It's so weird how they both worked so closely with the same producer on their albums and they are releasing them on the SAME DAY. He was performing live with Carly just in the past week too. LOL Weird. I guess the real winner is Jack Antonoff as he will be getting those royalty checks. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Have u listened to When I'm Alone? It's an E*MO*TION reject that got recorded by a K-Pop group back in 2015. We were robbed (though I do love f(x) and their version). :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: Kinda funny to think a K-Pop group (probably unknowingly) recorded a song that was originally about mas*******n. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

OMG! I hope Carly's version leaks soon!!! 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block