Lettuce outlasts UK Prime Minister - Liz Truss resigns after 45 days, becoming the shortest serving Prime Minister ever

This country is an embarrassment. Every day gets worse.

As someone living in Scotland, I have to say that with each passing day the Tories do nothing to support their case that union is better together. 

I am not the biggest fan of Nicola Sturgeon by any means, but my God she can talk every single Tory under the bus. And if a referendum is allowed to proceed next year, the Scottish public will be downright stupid to vote no. It sure as hell would not be easy being independent, but is it easy being part of the union and the shambolic mess that comes with it?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

This country is an embarrassment. Every day gets worse.

As someone living in Scotland, I have to say that with each passing day the Tories do nothing to support their case that union is better together. 

I am not the biggest fan of Nicola Sturgeon by any means, but my God she can talk every single Tory under the bus. And if a referendum is allowed to proceed next year, the Scottish public will be downright stupid to vote no. It sure as hell would not be easy being independent, but is it easy being part of the union and the shambolic mess that comes with it?

It really is embarrassing. I genuinely can't believe they are running the UK into the ground, we are a joke to the world.

The Conservative party is a shambles, I can't wait for the day we no longer have a Tory government.

Oh gosh, if I lived in Scotland I sure as hell would be voting to become independent from the UK.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Good riddance but the state of the world is concerning right now. It’s not great to be seeing this level of instability in the U.K. and U.S. while authoritarianism and right-wing extremism is on the rise. 

I agree, it is so scary! It makes me even more worried about the future.

The government here is a joke :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Slayer said:

It was unfortunately the disgusting Conservative party that chose her :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

Crazy that the UK has chosen the Tories over a decade now since 2010. I wonder what went so wrong when the Labour Party was in power, that’s kept them from winning again? David Cameron seemed like a decent Prime Minister (as an observer from outside the UK I don’t know THAT much about him or his polices though), but since him the leaders have been messy it seems. 

6 minutes ago, Slayer said:

It really is embarrassing. I genuinely can't believe they are running the UK into the ground, we are a joke to the world.

The Conservative party is a shambles, I can't wait for the day we no longer have a Tory government.

Oh gosh, if I lived in Scotland I sure as hell would be voting to become independent from the UK.

I’ll let you and @Damon cross the border when we’re independent. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, x.rox said:

Crazy that the UK has chosen the Tories over a decade now since 2010. I wonder what went so wrong when the Labour Party was in power, that’s kept them from winning again? David Cameron seemed like a decent Prime Minister (as an observer from outside the UK I don’t know THAT much about him or his polices though), but since him the leaders have been messy it seems. 

Honestly, I was too young and not that interested in politics back then to explain if i'm honest. However, David Cameron is the one who called for a referendum which eventually resulted in Brexit :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired: So i'm not keen on him, he left as soon as **** was hitting the fan.

The problem is the second most popular party (Labour) hasn't really had a 'strong' enough leader that the public have liked enough to encourage them to vote for them in recent years.

12 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Good riddance but the state of the world is concerning right now. It’s not great to be seeing this level of instability in the U.K. and U.S. while authoritarianism and right-wing extremism is on the rise. 

Hopefully people in the US don’t vote GOP. If the polls are to be believed, the democrats may lose control of both chambers. The GOP are relying on people being upset about cost of living and inflation but that’s happening everywhere in the world right now it’s not because of a single government it’s because of many factors. Inflation in Canada is 8% right now and we may head into recession. But it’s like people forget: we just came out of a two year+ global pandemic & now there’s a major war being fought & the USA & allies are indeed at war with Russia by proxy (USA & allies are sending ammunition, missiles etc to Ukraine to fight = by proxy). So hopefully people THINK critically and don’t make an ill-informed decision based on fear mongering by people who according to the media, don’t even believe in the result of the 2020 election & believe in conspiracy theories. 

Where I’m from in Canada, our two left parties have control of parliament but as you say the right-wing radicals are gaining a lot of traction and people who once felt disenfranchised are now poised to vote since they now feel their voices are being heard which, in a democracy is a nice thing but, certain groups in the population frankly don’t deserve a voice and power at the decision making table… science deniers, gun lovers, incels & anti-women types, homophobes, ultra religious types… but the political right has now made a home for these types. Gone are the days of “fiscal conservatism” & “small government”. It’s now a party trying to cater to the most deplorables in society.

Not sure if anyone pays attention to Canadian stories but the right-wing nut jobs occupied our capital for a month and wouldn’t leave until the feds got involved and shut them down. Very reminiscent of the Jan 6 capital riots - there was no violence at our capital but the city was literally besieged, shut down and the people living there harassed for a month. The lengths to which these people will go to undermine our democracy is scary. 

God help us. Lol.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Also from Scotland... Not an SNP'er but ready to break away from this UK nightmare! 

We've had 12 years of egocentric right wing ideology that disregards basic principles of democracy, equality and basic human dignity. 

The Tories only care for their riches and that of their banker/elite friends. 

I don't know what more it will take for civil unrest but when I look at nearest European neighbours (France) and their protests I wonder why we don't follow suit (or lead) then I realise our media isn't covering the French uprising on cost of living issues (we have a lot more to be anguished by) 

Rant over. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Honestly, I was too young and not that interested in politics back then to explain if i'm honest. However, David Cameron is the one who called for a referendum which eventually resulted in Brexit :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired: So i'm not keen on him, he left as soon as **** was hitting the fan.

The problem is the second most popular party (Labour) hasn't really had a 'strong' enough leader that the public have liked enough to encourage them to vote for them in recent years.

Referendums have been held here for certain things. They’re actually such a cop out of taking responsibility for important decisions that require leadership. Sometimes what’s good for the populace is not popular at the time but a strong leader needs to be that “dark knight” type and lead by making the decision, not by abdicating responsibility by putting it to the people so that you can wash your hands of the outcome and say “this is what the people wanted”. I think that was David’s strategy likely. He didn’t want to make the decision for the country so he put it to a referendum. But based on the fact he stepped down after the result, I don’t think he anticipated the outcome. 

Hopefully the Labour Party has someone step up to lead the party who appeals to the electorate. 

Side note: does Exhale have a “Politics” forum? I don’t think I’ve seen one. 

That's crazy... The UK and the US are basically the biggest colonizers and bullies in the world (past and present), so watching them act like this is unbelievable. This just goes to show that no country is inherently good or bad, superior or inferior, but that we need genuinely honest and hardworking leaders instead.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block