Do we need a Ashlee Simpson comeback?

8 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

**** ya 

yas-cotton-candy-girl.gif

I still think it's so tragic that SNL ruined what was a promising music career. She had so much potential and it was soul crushing to see her career abruptly end after 3 albums. I hope she puts out an EDM pop dance rock album someday filled with BOPS.

It's a common misconception that the SNL incident ruined her career although it is an infamous mishap. Her 'I Am Me' album debuted at #1 in the US after SNL. The short duration of her career, IMO, has more to do with her struggling to keep the public interested as popular sounds shifted and her wanting to focus on motherhood. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

It's a common misconception that the SNL incident ruined her career although it is an infamous mishap. Her 'I Am Me' album debuted at #1 in the US after SNL. The short duration of her career, IMO, has more to do with her struggling to keep the public interested as popular sounds shifted and her wanting to focus on motherhood. 

You're right, I don't entirely remember. I just recall things slowing down dramatically after that incident. This will forever have a special place in my heart. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

**** ya 

I still think it's so tragic that SNL ruined what was a promising music career. She had so much potential and it was soul crushing to see her career abruptly end after 3 albums. I hope she puts out an EDM pop dance rock album someday filled with BOPS.

Yaaaasss bestie I agree completely! :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

**** ya 

It really didn't. Her second album went #1 and was a big hit album. However, by the third album it seemed like the public and everyone was starting to lose interest and also music was starting to go through changes.

Bittersweet World deserved better tbh.

Yes. I've been wanting a new Ashlee album for years, I actually love her music WAY better than Jessica's entire discography (I do like Jessica, too.) I remember going to to Sam Goody with my brother and buying her debut album :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: I was obsessed with her songs and her tv show. So many memories. She was apart of my childhood/teen years. I miss those days.

My brother and sister lowkey would stan too :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

However, I want her to comeback in the vein of the same style she was. I do not count that music she did with her husband, and it didn't seem like the Ashlee I love :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: It was very boring.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2022 at 12:33 PM, The JayTawndre Show said:

Ashlee was a part of my childhood and teenage years :bouncey:

She literally was such a breath of fresh air in the Pop/Rock world. Loved her RAW vocals. :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

Following Evan Ross GIF

Even 'that infamous SNL performance' remains iconic :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

tumblr_o7knzvHAGS1vv4hnyo4_250.gif

No but seriously, her music awakened my badass IDGAF attitude which my FAMILY did not like! :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

tumblr_mhb3k4lM4L1s209wpo1_500.gif

Songs like "Outta My Head" and "Boyfriend" remain iconic and you will deal. :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

tumblr_m4dtkdiiQg1r67iz3o7_250.gifv

Who else grew up with her music and loved it?

tumblr_mrro35ZcUN1rl8rnpo1_400.gif?w=400

No shade to one of my besties @MikeHuntI know he loves Jessica more, but I stan Ashlee and that's okay :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

ClosedClosedEarthworm-size_restricted.gi

Do we need a Ashlee Simpson comeback, minus her husband? :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

here's my fave songs!!!! 

What are YOURS?

🤗🤗🤗

Do I see Meghan in L.O.V.E?

• Love 1

Nah, still waiting for Stacie Orrico and that is all.

Also does anyone remember Ashlee being a judge on Say What Karaoke (waaaay back) and how much a jerk she was about Britney's singing. She would always say the contestants karaoke sang the song better than Britney in a really catty way. That turned me off from liking her from the jump.

I loved Ashlee’s music. Autobiography and I Am Me are such good albums (dated, but in a way that fosters nostalgia). I also loved Outta My Head but never listened to her Bitter Sweet World album.

Love her raspy vocals. She definitely could have a career comeback. I just think she should lean back into the sound that made her successful in her youth.

No, we do NOT. How dare any of you even suggest it? :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Asked if she'd had too many "Britney Spears" (beers) on C4's Nokia Green Room, confused Ashlee Simpson dissed her rival, saying she hadn't had too many "trashy girls", then let it slip...

“In an interview the other day, they asked me what I thought, ‘You’ve had one too many Britney Spears’ means,” Ashlee says. “I was like, ‘What?’ And they said it means you’ve had one too many beers.”

Without missing a beat, “I was like, ‘Oh, you’ve had one too many trashy girls!”

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block