Canada's Drag Race: Canada VS The World

phinyls

"Canada's Drag Race: Canada vs. the World" cast was announced yesterday featuring 9 international queens.

image.jpg

The cast is composed by four previous contestants from Canada - Rita Baga (Canada's Drag Race, season 1; Drag Race Belgique host), Icesis Couture (Canada's Drag Race winner, season 2), Kendall Gender (Canada's Drag Race, season 2), Stephanie Prince (Canada's Drag Race, season 2); two from the original format in the US - Silky Nutmeg Ganache (RuPaul's Drag Race, season 11; RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 6), Ra'Jah O'Hara (RuPaul's Drag Race, season 11; RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 6); two from the UK spin-off - Vanity Milan (RuPaul's Drag Race UK, season 3), Victoria Scone (RuPaul's Drag Race UK, season 3); and only one from New Zealand - Anita Wigl'it (RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under, season 1).

The show premieres on Nov. 18 at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT on WOW Presents Plus in the U.S. and on Crave in Canada.

While this is an exciting format where they merge several spin-offs into one I think they fail on making it a diverse cast in terms of countries. In my opinion it's blasphemous how Thailand, Spain and Holland franchises were completely erased from this opportunity. :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

What are your opinions? Are you watching? Who will you be rooting for?

• Love 2

I’ll be watching 😁

I understand what you mean about more diversity from the other franchises, but looking at UK v 🌎 they also didn’t have much. 4 countries, 9 queens, seems alright. And if they are gonna continue the VS the World Series, they’re probably keeping the popular queens for their respective run in their home franchise. 
For this season, I would love for Icesis to win again- I love her! I listen to her song La Pusetta almost daily. 😂

I think her biggest competition is probably Ra’Jah or Rita. Going in, that’s who I’m guessing will be top 3.

and just a side note for me personally, I’m waiting for them to put Alaska in another “All Stars” - she’s hands down my favorite queen and I think she was absolutely robbed of an opportunity by not being included in the All Winners season. My theory is that they want to wait for a 2nd winners season with more international queens, I also feel like they would want to pit her against both Bob and Sharon, but Sharon isn’t exactly tv friendly at the moment. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

I’ll be watching 😁

I understand what you mean about more diversity from the other franchises, but looking at UK v 🌎 they also didn’t have much. 4 countries, 9 queens, seems alright. And if they are gonna continue the VS the World Series, they’re probably keeping the popular queens for their respective run in their home franchise. 
For this season, I would love for Icesis to win again- I love her! I listen to her song La Pusetta almost daily. 😂

I think her biggest competition is probably Ra’Jah or Rita. Going in, that’s who I’m guessing will be top 3.

and just a side note for me personally, I’m waiting for them to put Alaska in another “All Stars” - she’s hands down my favorite queen and I think she was absolutely robbed of an opportunity by not being included in the All Winners season. My theory is that they want to wait for a 2nd winners season with more international queens, I also feel like they would want to pit her against both Bob and Sharon, but Sharon isn’t exactly tv friendly at the moment. 

I’m rooting for Ra’jah 🥹

• Love 1

TEAM ANITA :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad::ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

Unlike UKvsTW, I only have 1 favorite, so I will probably stop watching if she's out (please don't spoil me! The spoilers accounts are so annoying today, no shame in posting everything without warnings!)

Well, I think this spinoff is still in early stages. 9 queens again? Probably another 6-episode season :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know::nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus: Kinda over how we have queens AGAIN for a third time already. Like, 2 queens JUST competed last year, and a regular season winner? That shook me to the core tbh like why? She JUST won:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

It’s a totally different crown and title tho. I know I would want the world. Lol even if I just won for my country. Like… let’s keep the ball rolling honey! Never too many crowns. #TeamIcesis

I understand it's a different title, duh:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: But it's still too soon to me, especially for a regular season winner :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

1 hour ago, stanLOONA said:

I understand it's a different title, duh:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: But it's still too soon to me, especially for a regular season winner :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Ew. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:
You asked a stupid question. Got a stupid answer. Seemed pretty “duh” to me too but you asked. But if you want something a little more- here you go. You were gagged. “That shook me to the core”- obviously you weren’t expecting it. They’re running out of ways to shock and surprise so this really shouldn’t have been a shock or surprise. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I mean, Even Katya and Ginger went right into all stars after their season, and nobody was saying “it’s too soon”... But sure. Duh. 
:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

22 hours ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

Ew. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:
You asked a stupid question. Got a stupid answer. Seemed pretty “duh” to me too but you asked. But if you want something a little more- here you go. You were gagged. “That shook me to the core”- obviously you weren’t expecting it. They’re running out of ways to shock and surprise so this really shouldn’t have been a shock or surprise. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I mean, Even Katya and Ginger went right into all stars after their season, and nobody was saying “it’s too soon”... But sure. Duh. 
:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

shocked alyssa edwards GIF by RealityTVGIFs

1. It's a way of expressing my thoughts :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I'll be more careful asking YOU a question... oh wait :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

2. I didn't say gagged :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously: "Shook me to the core" because I wasn't present for AS3, so this is my first time seeing a winner returning (and not for a just winners like AS7, something that makes me expect winners returning with winners) And of course, even now, I won't expect a winner to return to compete.

3. It is a shock, as I said in point 2.

4. Katya and Ginger? What are you talking about? They didn't win their season(s) I didn't mention a "too soon" either :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

8 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

1. It's a way of expressing my thoughts :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I'll be more careful asking YOU a question... oh wait :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

2. I didn't say gagged :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously: "Shook me to the core" because I wasn't present for AS3, so this is my first time seeing a winner returning (and not for a just winners like AS7, something that makes me expect winners returning with winners) And of course, even now, I won't expect a winner to return to compete.

4. Katya and Ginger? What are you talking about? They didn't win their season(s) I didn't mention a "too soon" either :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Ok girl. 🙄

9 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

I have a feeling my previous reply won’t be enough for you, and I’ve been drinking so I’m here for it 🤷🏼‍♀️
Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Saturday Night Live

1. express yourself honey, nobody is stopping you. I never said you asked me anything, but “oh wait” you posted in a public forum. and about drag, if you knew me at all (which clearly you don’t, and don’t want to bother to know me) I’m a drag queen, of all the people on Exhale, this is one of the topics you’ll likely find me on 🙄 Hi. I’m Malibu. 💄 

Kisses GIF by Becky G

2. Gagged is basically the same thing as shook. Don’t try to gaslight me into feeling stupid or not know what I’m talking about 🙄 - you clearly aren’t too familiar with drag or drag race (two completely different things) and that’s fine- there’s plenty of content and season recommendations I can give if you’d actually like to have a conversation with me and get to know me. I’m not a monster 👹 😁 I don’t hold that against you.

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

3- as I stated before, you clearly don’t know much about drag race or this wouldn’t be a shock 🤷🏼‍♀️ iiwii 

Season 13 Omg GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

4. I’ll say it again, you clearly aren’t too familiar with drag race. I bring them up because they literally went into all stars right after their season. Regardless if they won or not, there’s no such thing as too soon. And also. You did say too soon, check your posts as well as the one I quoted you in previously where you said YOU think it’s “too soon”.

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

5. Go awff sis. But I’m not the one 🤷🏼‍♀️ If you want to be confrontational, fine. DMs are open, no need to be messy in a public forum. But I’ll remind you that I’m not a monster… or stupid, which “duh” implies. If you actually got to know me, you might actually like me. But I’m here for the content mostly, not friends… where we go from here is on you boo. Are we going to keep it friendly or are you going to keep acting like I’m just trash that has no reason to be replying to YOU.  
Angel Devil GIF by doodles

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block