Should Xtina go in a 90s House Direction?

So if you look at my past replies, you'll know I've been very shady towards Christina.

Recently, I've re-evaluated a lot and grown a lot more respect for her and her achievements.

So I've started listening to a lot of her music again, and one album in particular that has caught my interest isn't even really an album:

Her demo album "Just Be Free" originally made in 1995 has some really good songs on it. I love the whole 90s House/dance vibe and it suits Xtina's voice really well.

I know she said she is working on an English pop album that will be released after "Aguilera", do you feel going in this direction again would be a good idea?

Artists like Lady Gaga and Beyoncé have recently gone in this style and found success. Chromatica was one of Mt favorite 2020 releases, and Renaissance is a MASTERPIECE.

I'd love to hear Xtina do something in that vein again, but what are your guys' thoughts?

Would it be cool or a flop? :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, KylieLanguage said:

So if you look at my past replies, you'll know I've been very shady towards Christina.

Recently, I've re-evaluated a lot and grown a lot more respect for her and her achievements.

So I've started listening to a lot of her music again, and one album in particular that has caught my interest isn't even really an album:

Her demo album "Just Be Free" originally made in 1995 has some really good songs on it. I love the whole 90s House/dance vibe and it suits Xtina's voice really well.

I know she said she is working on an English pop album that will be released after "Aguilera", do you feel going in this direction again would be a good idea?

Artists like Lady Gaga and Beyoncé have recently gone in this style and found success. Chromatica was one of Mt favorite 2020 releases, and Renaissance is a MASTERPIECE.

I'd love to hear Xtina do something in that vein again, but what are your guys' thoughts?

Would it be cool or a flop? :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I'm totally here for a house record. Some more bops like Let There Be Love and Your Body would slay. 

• Love 3

It could be cool, however, I feel like the gp would not get ibto that era of hers because stans would start a war that she copies Beyobce or Gaga or whoever, so nobody would push her music to the gp. You know how stans massively stream and require music during its first weeks out while after second / third week it's usually the gp who push a song. I feel like she would flop again however great music she would release

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

It could be cool, however, I feel like the gp would not get ibto that era of hers because stans would start a war that she copies Beyobce or Gaga or whoever, so nobody would push her music to the gp. You know how stans massively stream and require music during its first weeks out while after second / third week it's usually the gp who push a song. I feel like she would flop again however great music she would release

Very true. I agree it unfortunately probably wouldn't be a smash hit or anything but it would be great music

• Love 2
4 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

something like this?

so much better than the tragedy she choose

WOW! Yes something like this would slap!

Her soulful voice blends so well with this kind of production. This is miles better than the original Accelerate.

Btw, I understand she wanted to experiment, but WTF was the original Accelerate? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: a MESS imo

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KylieLanguage said:

Seriously this is SO good. I would be so pumped if she did something like this again!

She is so good! You know that her producers for this 95 record let her shop it around to labels after Mickey Mouse… then in 2001 there was this whole lawsuit that was eventually settled out of court because the producers released it that year. She was then made to make a statement about how it wasn’t representative of her work but that it is something to look back on. I feel she ended up allowing it’s limited release and apparently it (is?? Was??) on Spotify at one point 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block