Hold Me Closer submitted for Grammys by Interscope Records

30 minutes ago, leviathan said:

The song is mixed poorly, you know what I meant smart ***… and you can lie to yourself all you want but the released version is a mess, - I literally only listen to the leak - the video is a mess as well, and if it ever wins a Grammy I’ll be a pity Grammy a la VMAs 2008 - so no thanks.

Nothing against you babe, just stating facts…

Kisses

0 facts found. You not liking the song has zero relevance.

• Like 3

Like it was said above, realistically it will only really contend for the pop duo nomination. I really would love this since Britney’s label really stopped submitting her music to the Grammys after the Toxic win. Realistically though, the Grammys aren’t relevant anymore for anything other than their racism and inability to honour music excellence from all backgrounds and levels of exposure. For this reason, in addition to the song not being the best song out there right now, I’m not sure if the song could ever take home more than one Grammy. I would love for that to happen though!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, very_urban said:

0 facts found. You not liking the song has zero relevance.

i love the song. lol i just hate the mess they did with the released version. and im angry at them for once again not showcasing the great vocals Britney can provide. i am livid that they managed to screw this up.

but i will deal with it at some point and get over it, but it does bother me a lot. i live for the clear and **** vocals of the leaked version.

and yes, so my point is knowing that the leaked version exists, i can't respect the released version; i want britney to shine and it bothers me that she didn't even get to sing a single verse by herself. yes the leak had too many "babys" but they could've met in the middle.

sorry, nothing to do with you. but also being real, like this mess of a song can't win a grammy. and again, don't get me wrong, the song is AMAZING, but i don't see it being grammy worthy. like it'll be an insult to the rest of her discography that THIS is what she wins a grammy for?

sorry, maybe i'm having a bad day. i hope this gets my message across.

kiss.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, leviathan said:

i love the song. lol i just hate the mess they did with the released version. and im angry at them for once again not showcasing the great vocals Britney can provide. i am livid that they managed to screw this up.

but i will deal with it at some point and get over it, but it does bother me a lot. i live for the clear and **** vocals of the leaked version.

and yes, so my point is knowing that the leaked version exists, i can't respect the released version; i want britney to shine and it bothers me that she didn't even get to sing a single verse by herself. yes the leak had too many "babys" but they could've met in the middle.

sorry, nothing to do with you. but also being real, like this mess of a song can't win a grammy. and again, don't get me wrong, the song is AMAZING, but i don't see it being grammy worthy. like it'll be an insult to the rest of her discography that THIS is what she wins a grammy for?

kiss.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Love 1

She should've won for best new artist, especially when she killed that Medley performance. 

I don't see it getting nominated for anything but pop duo, and I hope Elton would convince her to do a performance and coach her and they do something so amazing and she shines with live vocals and everyone STFU about the lip-synching forever now, considering she could blame that on the CON (even if she wanted to lip-synch, hehe). 

5 hours ago, leviathan said:

kiss.

So basically you mad with Britney? It’s been said countless of times by the producer & Elton that this is the version Britney wanted out 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

So basically you mad with Britney? It’s been said countless of times by the producer & Elton that this is the version Britney wanted out 

if that is the case then yes. it maddens me that the situation has gotten to a point where she does not believe her voice is worthy enough to stand on its own in such a beautiful song. more so knowing that a version in which her voice can be clearly heard and sounds beautiful exists.

i'm wouldn't say im mad at her directly, but i suspect it comes from a place of insecurity - which i fully understand knowing what we know, but i wish someone in that room would've said to her, girl just let your voice shine. you're a star. say what you must, but the leak is objectively a better song, and if the people cannot see that, then they are wrong. in the leak both of the artists get a small chance to shine in moments that are properly distributed and timed. they both get to shine in their unique ways, and then they also shine together for some of the most important parts of the song.

it even makes you feel like they are trying to speak to each other, as the choosing of lyrics do not follow a specific pattern in which it was copied from the 3 songs that make up this song. so there is very well the possibility of an intentional message from carefully choosing lyrics from each song. all of that is gone in the released... but maybe im crazy.

i just want people to come to peace with the fact that maybe Britney made a mistake choosing that version as the official release. is it important her wishes were respected? YES, it is perhaps one of the things we all wish for her: which is creative freedom; but that does not exempt her from making a creative mistake; whether as PTSD from her trauma or as a fully conscious decision from a purely artistic point of view.

and if she does not want to shine and this is the exact version she wants out for whatever reason then I'll go **** myself and shut up with my stupid delusion, but will remain firm on the opinion that the leak was a much better mix; it seemed a bit unpolished, but its a better version of the song. wether Britney thinks it or not; I as a consumer of brand can make such judgments and so can the grammy awards for example. she is not immune to **** ups. still, love both versions but objectively speaking on the grammy situation, the leak had better chances; with the GP as well.

end of my ted talk, lol it got too long. but whatever im bored at work. and btw i don't mean anything towards you specifically, just commenting.

1 hour ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Girl omg leave miss @leviathanalone.  She is the Mother. All this and FOR WHAT? All cause miss girl wanted to hear Britney more?? Damn I thought this was a democracy omg 

PS Britney if ur reading this u coulda turned the mic up a little bit :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block