Jump to content

Irving Azoff & Lou Taylor: Does it go back to MCA & Uptown Records??`


Mx_Defying

    Recommended Posts

    On 10/10/2022 at 1:16 AM, Mx_Defying said:

    1988

    - Irving Azoff stepped down running MCA, but was already working with Uptown Records

    1990(ish)

    - Mary J Blige signs with Uptown Records

    - Lou Taylor does business mgmt with Uptown Records clients

    "Before Mr. Azoff left MCA in 1988, he and Mr. Busby had recruited Mr. Harrell, the architect of the third stage of the company's plan. Mr. Harrell has brought Mary J. Blige and the rappers Heavy D. and the Boyz to MCA. In 1992, his New York-based Uptown Records was made a full-fledged label, with its own publicity and promotion departments, for a reported $50 million. Started as an independent company, Uptown entered into an agreement with MCA in 1986 to supply it with acts. The latest deal includes music-related projects for film and television." - NYT 1993

    Rudolph & Beer's first clients include musical artist Milira https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milira of Motown Records! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motown

    "It was an independent company until MCA Records bought it in 1988. PolyGram purchased the label from MCA in 1993, followed by MCA successor Universal Music Group, which acquired PolyGram in 1999.[2]"

     

     

    Link to comment
    • Exhale+
    6 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

    What skills does Lou have?????????

    Sucking shriveled k0ck because no one wants her dusty meat flaps (allegedly). Periodt.

    This is why I have been so HEATED about the accountings. Lou isn’t even a GOOD criminal. The only reason this RACQUET of CON criminals got away with their EGREGIOUS crimes is because the Cali court system is lousy with corruption.

    Link to comment
    1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

    "It was an independent company until MCA Records bought it in 1988. PolyGram purchased the label from MCA in 1993, followed by MCA successor Universal Music Group, which acquired PolyGram in 1999.[2]"

    wooooaaaaahhhh 

    Larry's Reign Deer joined Azoff's Front Line Management in 2011!!!! i thought Maverick in 2014 is when Larry joined Live Nation!!!!!!

    "Larry Rudolph's Reign Deer Management, which manages Spears, is
    now affiliated with the Front Line Group of managers, a division of Live Nation Entertainment headed by LN chairman Irving Azoff. Spears is booked by John Marx at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment" Billboard 3/29/2011

    • Love 1
    Link to comment
    2 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

    wooooaaaaahhhh 

    Larry's Reign Deer joined Azoff

    Does this coincide with Britney not being played by Clear Channel ??? @Ghoulia @RebellionSparkles @Steel Magnolia

    It is weird shenanigans because Clear Channel is Live Nation's bad guy origin story. Later - AEG's Lieweke leaves AEG and starts Oak View Group with Azoff.

    ----------

    Billboard 9/1/2001:

    Philip Anschutz, owner of the sports and entertainment giant AEG, purchased Los Angeles-based Concerts West last year (with mega-manager Irving Azoff on board as investor/consultant) to focus on arena tours, as was the intention of Concerts West co-presidents John Meglen and Paul Gongaware. 


    The Spears deal marks the first time Concerts West has outbid CCE for a tour. Larry Rudolph, who co-manages Spears with Johnny Wright, says the artist's options to tour with either Concerts West or CCE were both exceptional opportunities.

    "Clear Channel is an incredible company, and I'm sure we'll be doing more business with them," Rudolph says. "We went with Concerts West because they're a strong touring company and because they have ancillary properties, in that [parent AEG owns] arenas and some 7,000 movie theaters throughout the country.

    "This decision was not made to exclude Clear Channel," he adds. "It was made to include Concerts West."


    AEG's theater properties, including United Artists theaters, have increased importance, given a motion-picture project from Spears due in February, Rudolph says. "[AEG] has the ability to help us market our core products-the album and tour-and our secondary properties-the movie-in ways that tipped the scale for us."

    Suspicious Family Matters GIF

    More interesting articles here:  

     

    • Love 1
    Link to comment
    • Exhale+
    30 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

    Does this coincide with Britney not being played by Clear Channel ??? @Ghoulia @RebellionSparkles @Steel Magnolia

    It is weird shenanigans because Clear Channel is Live Nation's bad guy origin story. Later - AEG's Lieweke leaves AEG and starts Oak View Group with Azoff.

    ----------

    Billboard 9/1/2001:

    Philip Anschutz, owner of the sports and entertainment giant AEG, purchased Los Angeles-based Concerts West last year (with mega-manager Irving Azoff on board as investor/consultant) to focus on arena tours, as was the intention of Concerts West co-presidents John Meglen and Paul Gongaware. 


    The Spears deal marks the first time Concerts West has outbid CCE for a tour. Larry Rudolph, who co-manages Spears with Johnny Wright, says the artist's options to tour with either Concerts West or CCE were both exceptional opportunities.

    "Clear Channel is an incredible company, and I'm sure we'll be doing more business with them," Rudolph says. "We went with Concerts West because they're a strong touring company and because they have ancillary properties, in that [parent AEG owns] arenas and some 7,000 movie theaters throughout the country.

    "This decision was not made to exclude Clear Channel," he adds. "It was made to include Concerts West."


    AEG's theater properties, including United Artists theaters, have increased importance, given a motion-picture project from Spears due in February, Rudolph says. "[AEG] has the ability to help us market our core products-the album and tour-and our secondary properties-the movie-in ways that tipped the scale for us."

    Suspicious Family Matters GIF

    More interesting articles here:  

     

    Yes the timing coincides…also there was a meeting in Congress to address Clear Channel’s monopoly and anti competitive behavior.

    But OMG I can’t keep up with y’all sometimes! I’m totally behind on this research thread!!!! I have NO idea what y’all are talking about 🤣

    • Haha 1
    Link to comment
    8 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

    Yes the timing coincides…also there was a meeting in Congress to address Clear Channel’s monopoly and anti competitive behavior.

    But OMG I can’t keep up with y’all sometimes! I’m totally behind on this research thread!!!! I have NO idea what y’all are talking about 🤣

    IXHMysTVUwjWbgCJgHC5XaJ6fYcAezoYe0zL4VSA
    DOCS.GOOGLE.COM

    1965 October 30th: Louise Mary Sawyer is born 1983 Irving Azoff becomes president of MCA Records. Azoff hires Jheryl Busby to head the black music department. Mr. Busby brings in a roster of black talent:...

    I started a doc to summarize.

    • Love 1
    Link to comment
    10 hours ago, Mx_Defying said:

    wooooaaaaahhhh 

    Larry's Reign Deer joined Azoff's Front Line Management in 2011!!!! i thought Maverick in 2014 is when Larry joined Live Nation!!!!!!

    "Larry Rudolph's Reign Deer Management, which manages Spears, is
    now affiliated with the Front Line Group of managers, a division of Live Nation Entertainment headed by LN chairman Irving Azoff. Spears is booked by John Marx at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment" Billboard 3/29/2011

    And you also just answered by question about who represented B as her agent following Jason Trawick (WME) stepping down!

    Link to comment


    ×
    ×
    • Create New...