Britney Spears Trademarks & Brands Research Thread

mocha latto

Since I am horribly stumped on my trademark timeline video because of the amount of ridiculousness I have to sort through, but I decided to post some of my research here. The trademark thing seems irrelevant but from what I've seen, trademarks can be used against a person in various ways in the music industry. 
Heres a thread of some of the most prominent things I found if anyone is curious. This is accurate to my knowledge but it is really a big research dump to put pieces together- so if anyone has additional information or corrections/updates that I should make please feel free.

The Word Marks

• There are hundreds of registered trademarks using the name Britney Spears used to produce a variety of merchandise.
  • While there are TONS to sort through my main focus are the word marks for musical works & her perfumes.
  • Despite filings saying "Britney Spears is a living person whose consent is of record" the consent of record is from Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet most recently, Micheal Kane, on her behalf. (Most recently) (source)
  • I had reported in my video on it she first registered her TMs in 2009. Actually- Britney had her own TMS under her own name far before this (source) since 1999. After C-ship, her trademarks under her own name were abandoned. in 2009, most of these would be renewed and under ownership to the infamous Britney Brands
  • All word marks for everything currently belong to the company known as Baby One More Mark LLC (source) (source)
  • Before the conservatorship, Britneys signature on some of the pre c-ship  documents is just a drawn check, which could possibly just be the letter "B".  source
  • Rudolph & Beer represented Britney in first registering her marks, which she herself was the owner at that point.
  • According to filings for the marks, her statement of being in treatment due to her "fathers health issues" was used to show excusable nonuse (why they are not using it so that it does not get invalidated) for the word mark used for live performances. Along with a musical called "Once Upon a One More Time" (source)
  • As of 2018, the marks were signed out of Britneys ownership, and reassigned to a company known as Baby One More Mark, LLC.
  • Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet signed away the trademarks on Britneys behalf, effectively to themselves, who also signed on behalf of Baby One More Mark LLC as managers.
  • Someone named Andrea Miller was (possibly) involved in incorporating these companies (source pending), who also incorporated The P-Cat Dolls

What We Know About Britney Brands, Baby One More Mark And B's Involvement.

• Britney Brands was established initially in 1999, by Jamie Spears and other family members. This company is responsible (under Epic Rights, most recently) for issuing licenses to produce Britney Spears Products. Epic rights is derived from Sony. 
  • AS OF 10/06 Micheal Kane is the sole officer  of the company, making him the CEO and the entire board of directors. (SOURCE) Represented by Erika Easter
  • Until sometime towards the end of last year, Jamie Spears was in control of the Britney Brands company (as CEO and sole director) and it has been alleged by journalists that he resides in front of a warehouse full of her merchandise.(<sourced)
  • Britney Spears became the President of Britney Brands in roughly 2005, which would continue to be until 2010. (estimated, at some point, she was removed from the company completly but I still am looking for when exactly that happened.)
  • California SOS indicates that the company has a labor judgement. (source)
  • The main branch of Britney Brands is in Louisiana, with two branches in New York and California.
    • According to public record, Micheal Kane is currently in control of all branches (as CEO and sole director, respectively) . OpenCorps indicates Jamie is still CEO of the New York branch (source), however I cannot verify this because the NY website to view these records has been "down" for "maintenance" for months. (source)
    • Lou Taylor was listed as an Agent until the point she had resigned as conservator.

I will be updating this routinely as I am researching.

• Love 4

I was looking at the trademarks a few days ago as well and noticed something - thank you for tagging me because I would have forgotten 😂

PART I:

The "Britney Spears" trademark US Serial Number: 76235147 was set to expire on September 22, 2022. 

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=76235147&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

The registration has been renewed.
Status Date:
Sep. 29, 2012

As far as I can tell, a renewal application was not submitted. However, the application will be considered as timely "if filed within six months after the deadlines listed above with the payment of an additional fee."

This trademark covers the following: 

jewelry, watches, and clocks, backpacks, daypacks, handbags, purses, cosmetic and hair accessory pouches sold empty, and wallets, [ inflatable furniture and ] photo plaques, hair ornaments and accessory kits containing hair ornaments; ornamental novelty pins and ornamental novelty buttons, bean dolls, dolls, doll playsets, toy stuffed animals, toy slide viewers; educational toys, namely, activity kits utilizing interchangeable design stickers, pre-cut materials of plastic and cardboard, and other materials

The "Britney Spears"  trademark and servicemark Serial number: 2302300 was renewed in 2020 (which lasts for ten years).

The registration has been renewed.
Status Date:
Aug. 17, 2020

Publication Date:
Sep. 28, 1999

This trademark and service mark covers the following:

phonograph records featuring music; pre-recorded audio cassettes and compact discs featuring music; pre-recorded video tapes featuring music performances, entertainment services in the nature of live performances by a musical artist

🥳 TIN FOIL HAT TIME:

All those BAnons shouting about Britney being held against her will because she's not speaking on her IG via video - is it possible that Britney has some intimate knowledge of how her brand is being exploited, post conservatorship? Maybe the BAnons are right about ONE thing - the instagram being owned by the conservators, not Britney. Perhaps her IG is one way she can stymie the cash flow?

PART II:

Brit's IG used for social media ad campaign:

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, mocha latto said:

Britney Brands in roughly 2005, which would continue to be until 2010. (estimated, at some point, she was removed from the company completly but I still am looking for when exactly that happened.)

IDK if it matters but according to  Bryan Spears’ Linkedin he left Britney Brands in 2010

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

All those BAnons shouting about Britney being held against her will because she's not speaking on her IG via video - is it possible that Britney has some intimate knowledge of how her brand is being exploited, post conservatorship? Maybe the BAnons are right about ONE thing - the instagram being owned by the conservators, not Britney. Perhaps her IG is one way she can stymie the cash flow?

Exactly. While shes free to live, the brand and trademarks could be used to fund the court fees of the con members. While it's very difficult to track this down, it seems like thats what this alludes to.

Also, not sure if you noticed but her Facebook & Twitter accounts are used often in the filings.

Britneys Pop Figure, Monopoly Board, Perfumes etc are all licensed to Britney Brands so one would assume the entity gets a decent royalty from the products depending on the agreement. But BOMM would need to issue permission to BB to license these Britney Spears goods, if MK owns both he would effectively handle all of that himself. Britney allegedly said Micheal Kane was a gatekeeper a few years after the reassignment of the trademarks. (source)

It is also to be noted that when the trademarks are used in publication the owner gets a notification so they can have the change to disapprove of the use. 

I actually forgot to tag everyone (lol)

So...:

@RebellionSparkles

@Steel Magnolia

@Mx_Defying

@Ghoulia

I know im missing people so feel free to tag more lmao

6 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

IDK if it matters but according to  Bryan Spears’ Linkedin he left Britney Brands in 2010

It does, it further makes me question what happened in 2009/10.

I know Rosengart said some things about there being a 'major accounting change' too

During the time all this other stuff happened Britney Spears was pronounced deceased on 'accident' in a sealed court document. (source)

I think this had something to do with it.

1 hour ago, mocha latto said:

Since I am horribly stumped on my trademark timeline video because of the amount of ridiculousness I have to sort through, but I decided to post some of my research here. The trademark thing seems irrelevant but from what I've seen, trademarks can be used against a person in various ways in the music industry. 
Heres a thread of some of the most prominent things I found if anyone is curious. This is accurate to my knowledge but it is really a big research dump to put pieces together- so if anyone has additional information or corrections/updates that I should make please feel free.

The Word Marks

• There are hundreds of registered trademarks using the name Britney Spears used to produce a variety of merchandise.
  • While there are TONS to sort through my main focus are the word marks for musical works & her perfumes.
  • Despite filings saying "Britney Spears is a living person whose consent is of record" the consent of record is from Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet most recently, Micheal Kane, on her behalf. (Most recently) (source)
  • I had reported in my video on it she first registered her TMs in 2009. Actually- Britney had her own TMS under her own name far before this (source) since 1999. After C-ship, her trademarks under her own name were abandoned. in 2009, most of these would be renewed and under ownership to the infamous Britney Brands
  • All word marks for everything currently belong to the company known as Baby One More Mark LLC (source) (source)
  • Before the conservatorship, Britneys signature on some of the pre c-ship  documents is just a drawn check, which could possibly just be the letter "B".  source
  • Rudolph & Beer represented Britney in first registering her marks, which she herself was the owner at that point.
  • According to filings for the marks, her statement of being in treatment due to her "fathers health issues" was used to show excusable nonuse (why they are not using it so that it does not get invalidated) for the word mark used for live performances. Along with a musical called "Once Upon a One More Time" (source)
  • As of 2018, the marks were signed out of Britneys ownership, and reassigned to a company known as Baby One More Mark, LLC.
  • Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet signed away the trademarks on Britneys behalf, effectively to themselves, who also signed on behalf of Baby One More Mark LLC as managers.
  • Someone named Andrea Miller was (possibly) involved in incorporating these companies (source pending), who also incorporated The P-Cat Dolls

What We Know About Britney Brands, Baby One More Mark And B's Involvement.

• Britney Brands was established initially in 1999, by Jamie Spears and other family members. This company is responsible (under Epic Rights, most recently) for issuing licenses to produce Britney Spears Products. Epic rights is derived from Sony. 
  • AS OF 10/06 Micheal Kane is the sole officer  of the company, making him the CEO and the entire board of directors. (SOURCE) Represented by Erika Easter
  • Until sometime towards the end of last year, Jamie Spears was in control of the Britney Brands company (as CEO and sole director) and it has been alleged by journalists that he resides in front of a warehouse full of her merchandise.(<sourced)
  • Britney Spears became the President of Britney Brands in roughly 2005, which would continue to be until 2010. (estimated, at some point, she was removed from the company completly but I still am looking for when exactly that happened.)
  • California SOS indicates that the company has a labor judgement. (source)
  • The main branch of Britney Brands is in Louisiana, with two branches in New York and California.
    • According to public record, Micheal Kane is currently in control of all branches (as CEO and sole director, respectively) . OpenCorps indicates Jamie is still CEO of the New York branch (source), however I cannot verify this because the NY website to view these records has been "down" for "maintenance" for months. (source)
    • Lou Taylor was listed as an Agent until the point she had resigned as conservator.

I will be updating this routinely as I am researching.

Can you post a link to your video? I can’t wait to see it!

this looks like great research!

10 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Can you post a link to your video? I can’t wait to see it!

this looks like great research!

Heres the video!

Im working on a few more about other topics regarding civil rights & abuse in the entertainment industry, just still stumped on the TM video lol

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I did a bunch of research on Britney Brands a while ago…I’ll have to dig up that old research. I was looking into the Britney Brands perfume deals.

The Britney Fantasy line is a separate mark (found here) also owned by BOMM and licensed by Britney Brands.

The TM docs are a headache to sort through but full of useful information.

34 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

Who had merchandising deals for Femme Fatale?

Circus was promoted by AEG then for FF they switched to Live Nation. 

I always ask “who probably made the most money when there’s a big CON shift?”

I am assuming Britney Brands. I have yet to see anything from Femme Fatale in the TM docs yet. But I have looked up some of the merch and they all appear to be BB licensed. The only time BB did not appear to be in the picture was when it was handled by Signatures Network (i think) which i understand is now Epic rights

36 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

It may be different for the promotion of the album, though. Britney Brands handles basically any good or service with her name on it. I still am kind of working out the details of how the other companies (and the record label) do or dont contribute to it.

51 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

1624041589831?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=Z6vE

10 years ago this week we kicked off #thefemmefataletour with Britney. Great memories. #britneyspears #musicaldirector #concert  #livemusic 📽️FFDVD ©Shiloh...

IDK but I saw this on the post asking about Strawberry.

18 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

*I THINK* Epic Rights is the company that manages Britney’s merchandising.

In a nutshell, epic rights works for BB to handle the actual production of her merchandise such as toys and concert memoribilia. (if you check on the photo of the new POP figure, it is licensed to Brintey Brands) not exactly sure outside of this what the process is in detail.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block