Shakira becomes first female artist with at least one song from 4 different decades with more than 200M streams on Spotify

shakiraspotify.png

Shakira's 1995 hit Antología has reached 200M streams on Spotify, turning her into the first Latin female artist (probably the first female overall but I need someone to confirm, but definitely the first Latin artist) with at least one song from four different decades to achieve this feat. 1998's Inevitable is close behind with over 192M+ streams.

From the 2000's she's got Whenever, Wherever, La Tortura and Hips Don't Lie. From the 2010's there's Waka Waka, Can't Remember to Forget You, Chantaje, La Bicicleta, among others. And from the current decade there's Te Felicito, her latest hit, as well as the Black Eyed Peas 2020 collaboration GIRL LIKE ME.

Other artists that have achieved this before are Elton John, Eminem and Michael Jackson.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block