Do you think Christina has actually changed as a person? Things celebrities have said about her and things she's said: Has she ever apologized to Britney?

Year 2020: Jessica Simpson 

In her "Open Book" audio she says: "And I would just take that bait and say I thought Britney was the nicest girl but maybe Christina didn't need to have her security clear an entire hallway of staff and talent just so she could walk through it alone" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Year 2014: Valerie Bertinelli 

“I was a fan at that time, a long time ago, and I went up to her because she was at a Van Halen concert, and I said, ‘Oh my God, I think you’re a beautiful singer, blah blah blah,’ and she just went like [she made an over-her-head motion], ‘Yah, whatever.’ She gave me the cold shoulder and I thought, ‘*****, I’m a fan! You can’t be nice to me?’ You know?” :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Year 2011: Kelly Osbourne

“Maybe she is just becoming the fat ***** she was born to be. I don’t know. She was a c*** to me. And she bought my house!” :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Year 2011: Avril Lavigne 

"Unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her"  :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Christina on Britney: 

2004: "I know Britney, she's not trailer trash, but she sure acts that way. I can't believe that girl bought her own engagement ring! I've seen it up close. It looks like she got it from QVC." :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

2003: "She seems to me like a lost little girl, someone who desperately needs guidance."  :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

In media outlets throughout the years, when asked about Britney, Christina seems to have not directly apologized for the harsh things she said about her. She instead, doesn't take any fault nor apologize but rather shifts the blame on the "media" for "pitting" them against each other while praising Britney. Take her 2008 interview with the Daily Mail: "When we both started releasing records, it was a funny time for me. It must have seemed as if we were competing with each other, but, in reality, Britney is someone that I used to hold hands with. We were silly girls together on the Mickey Mouse Club. What a journey it has been for both of us!". Christina, that is not an apology. Yes, Christina, a funny time being that it was just water under the bridge for you and was merely a 'funny time', what taking shots at someone who never said a mean thing about you (Britney did respond to Christina's comments afterwards). Also, yes, it's 2008 and what a journey it has been, what with Britney being locked up as a stage monkey while you begin your charade of changing the narrative. So, from what I can tell, she's never apologized and in all the years Britney was in the conservatorship, Christina constantly responded to questions on Britney saying she supports her or praised her but isn't this just changing the narrative for herself to seem like she has redeeming qualities or do you think it's actually genuine? 

She did write that long post about supporting Britney's freedom via Twitter. But this was after 13 long years of Britney being imprisoned. There was social media pressure from fan bases for celebrities whom had been Britney's celebrity peers to speak up. And lo and behold, to much fanfare & conveniently, Christina speaks up and now she is God's given grace of Mother Teresa. But was it performative. Words are just words at the end of the day. Did a publicist or hired professional write that beautiful post or was it Christina behind the keyboard on her socials? Actions speak louder than words don't they? And the most action beyond words we got from Christina on Britney's conservatorship was in the facial expression in 2021: 

LNz5l-F2r2-UI4ejan-Zwl-Rzt3zi-PNYa5-SZu2

And it seems Britney calling her out last year back-fired on her, making Britney the new "villain" in the narrative. But was Britney justified? 

Thoughts?

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

Even when I was at the high school as a fresh Britney fan and had no english skills yet at all, I could see there was something wrong with this girl. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: I don't know Brit seemed like a person who would say "hiiiiii, how's your shiit?" while Christina would just walk away and make a bad comment on your new sweater. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe: I was just 14 then but still feel this way. Don't hate her though... It's her problem if she's bitter.

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Chad Hudson said:

Even when I was at the high school as a fresh Britney fan and had no english skills yet at all, I could see there was something wrong with this girl. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: I don't know Brit seemed like a person who would say "hiiiiii, how's your shiit?" while Christina would just walk away and make a bad comment on your new sweater. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe: I was just 14 then but still feel this way. Don't hate her though... It's her problem if she's bitter.

I KNOW GURL SAME. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:I also feel for me, what appears (in my opinion) to have been an intentional narrative shift to redeem herself and make people think otherwise of her is both manipulative and calculated. She’s performative. And I don’t mean she’s a bad person, I just mean she’s a fake person (to me) LOL. (I can’t make that sound not mean :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: )

She’s got an incredible voice and talent no doubt about that though :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: (Before her fans jump down my throat). 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I think the odds are good that a person will be humbled when their popularity declines. A noteworthy moment you didn't include was when she met Mary J. Blige. Mary said Xtina held out her hand like Mary was supposed to kiss it. As for her comments on Britney, I get that they don't paint Xtina in the best light, but I don't think they're that bad. To me it's not unlike catty talk you might hear amongst gays...not exactly vicious. The QVC bit :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe: 

It made me laugh what Kelly Osbourne said. Xtina wasn't even nice to someone she bought a house from. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

I think fame in itself is unhealthy...add child stardom, winning the Best New Artist Grammy, and being called by some the 'voice of a generation.' Your ego will explode through the ceiling! It's not normal to have a life like that...hard to stay down to Earth. My fave, Paulina Rubio, was born to a celebrity and signed her first record deal at age 7. I just tend to assume she's detached from reality, and I don't want to know bad stories about her! I love her music too much, so if she's an unbearable diva, I don't want to know! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, x.rox said:

I KNOW GURL SAME. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:I also feel for me, what appears (in my opinion) to have been an intentional narrative shift to redeem herself and make people think otherwise of her is both manipulative and calculated. She’s performative. And I don’t mean she’s a bad person, I just mean she’s a fake person (to me) LOL. (I can’t make that sound not mean :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: )

She’s got an incredible voice and talent no doubt about that though :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: (Before her fans jump down my throat). 

You can't avoid being at least a tiny bit rude, when you talk about her. Because that is how Britney fans sound like. :wink_britney_everytime_white: And that is also the only sport I have doing for a lot while: Britney vs. Christina. I just thought I had grown out of it with this fanbase, but exhale made me realize that day will never ever truly come. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I don't doubt her talent and you know what? The world wouldn't be the same without a little bit of Xtina.

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

A noteworthy moment you didn't include was when she met Mary J. Blige. Mary said Xtina held out her hand like Mary was supposed to kiss it.

GIF by MOODMAN

3 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

It made me laugh what Kelly Osbourne said. Xtina wasn't even nice to someone she bought a house from. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

One important lesson is to never mix friendship with business. But I have always thought you'd be at least polite for a little bargain. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I think the odds are good that a person will be humbled when their popularity declines.

Yes agreed. 

3 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

A noteworthy moment you didn't include was when she met Mary J. Blige.

UGH. Honestly I was googling for this but I forgot the name of the artist who had said it. Mary J Blige. I failed. :flop_britney_candies:

6 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

but I don't think they're that bad

Stop. We need the drama for the sake of my thread so it doesn’t flop.:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: The gays won’t come then :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

7 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I think fame in itself is unhealthy.

Preach. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

8 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Paulina Rubio

:wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around: Who?

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

We all (hopefully) are not the same as we were when we were younger. Christina has been problematic, what Pop star hasn't? 🤔

She's grown as a person. She seems much more laid-back. Also yes she's said shady things about Brit, but she has also recently had nothing but nice things to say. 

It's like people think nobody is capable of change in life which is the most Delusional thing I've ever heard. People CAN change. 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

We all (hopefully) are not the same as we were when we were younger. Christina has been problematic, what Pop star hasn't? 🤔

She's grown as a person. She seems much more laid-back. Also yes she's said shady things about Brit, but she has also recently had nothing but nice things to say. 

It's like people think nobody is capable of change in life which is the most Delusional thing I've ever heard. People CAN change. 

People can change for sure. But who is authentic in what seems to be a change of heart & who is not is the question. Right? It’s not that I am denying people in general can’t change. I just question the sincerity of Aguilera is all. We won’t ever know for certain though. 

If she is sincere, being that I am a fan of her early work including Bionic, I wouldn’t mind a duet but being that there appears to still be some unresolved animosity on the surface, seems unlikely.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

@x.rox Paulina Rubio is one of the biggest pop divas of the Spanish language. She's from Mexico and tried to cross over to the English-language market after Shakira blew up. Her biggest hit from this attempt was 'Don't Say Goodbye,' which hit #7 in Canada and #41 in the US. Didn't pan out, so she continued singing in Spanish. 

excited demi lovato GIF
is this her? It’s just what I found in the GIF’s. I suppose I could YouTube her… gosh the fact I’m debating the effort it would take to open YouTube and search for her speaks volumes of how much a lazy f..uck I am 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😭 

Yassss to a Spanish Kween thooooo!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, x.rox said:

People can change for sure. But who is authentic in what seems to be a change of heart & who is not is the question. Right? It’s not that I am denying people in general can’t change. I just question the sincerity of Aguilera is all. We won’t ever know for certain though. 

If she is sincere, being that I am a fan of her early work including Bionic, I wouldn’t mind a duet but being that there appears to still be some unresolved animosity on the surface, seems unlikely.

I've wanted a duet for years!! Even Christina has said multiple times she's reached out to Britney and her team for a collaboration and no response back. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, x.rox said:

excited demi lovato GIF
is this her? It’s just what I found in the GIF’s. I suppose I could YouTube her… gosh the fact I’m debating the effort it would take to open YouTube and search for her speaks volumes of how much a lazy f..uck I am 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😭 

Yassss to a Spanish Kween thooooo!

Yes! She was on The X-Factor the year after Britney. 

Here's a $exy song that is so to the taste of gay men if you're curious. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXywgkY2O5U

1 minute ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

I've wanted a duet for years!! Even Christina has said multiple times she's reached out to Britney and her team for a collaboration and no response back. 

I remember reading that too. Did she ever truly reach out though? Did she? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure: Or is she just saying that. LOL just kidding :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: She probably did and was flat out DENIED for being too basic :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: 

Joking. Tbh I think most people would eat up a Britney x Xtina collaboration. It would make a lot of business sense from a numbers and marketing standpoint. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I remember reading that too. Did she ever truly reach out though? Did she? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure: Or is she just saying that. LOL just kidding :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: She probably did and was flat out DENIED for being too basic :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: 

Joking. Tbh I think most people would eat up a Britney x Xtina collaboration. It would make a lot of business sense from a numbers and marketing standpoint. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

It makes total sense and it seems 90s nostalgia is coming back. It just would work very well. Xtina can sing in her lower register with Brit. I see them doing a R&B/Pop midtempo 🔥🔥🔥

And I hope she really did reach out to Brit! Lol 😝

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Everyone would want to hear the song! What it would sound like...I don't know. I feel like it would maybe clash. Maybe Xtina would go full-Xtina to assert her vocal dominance. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can imagine Britney featuring on Xtina's 'Not Myself Tonight.' 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Literally every female popstar was catty though. It’s funny that Christina has to be humbled to you all, but Mariah, Madonna, Aretha, Britney, Rihanna, Mary J., etc. can do the same and you all give them a pass. Kelly Osbourne and Avril were dogging Christina out first, so the fact Avril and Kelly Osbourne thought Christina was still supposed to be nice to them is laughable. Christina has been attacked since she became pop competition in 1999. She was made the villain by media just for existing, so I think at one point she just embraced it. Her “lost little girl” comment seemed off during the time, but it turned out to be true. Christina had publicly supported Britney in the media several times since Britney began spiraling around while everyone else in Hollywood laughed about her mental illness. Mary J. made Faith Evans take her off Faith’s debut because she didn’t like that Faith was the First Lady of Bad Boy, now that was petty. It was about 500k copies that had to be destroyed right before Faith’s debut. No one is perfect and Britney was no better, Britney was just a media darling so was protected in media until media couldn’t hide her behavior behind the scenes. How long will you all live in the past? Everyone in the world has been catty, but Christina has to be made an example out of is ridiculous. We were all in our 20’s before. Move on. Christina didn’t kill your pet, meanwhile creeps like Chris Brown continue to be praised by media despite being a woman beater. Britney is a 40 year old woman, so it’s not justified for her now to decide she wants to call people out from Christina to Kelly Clarkson, who have nothing to do with Britney’s cship. Why does Britney really only have vitriol for women and not men?

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 5
14 hours ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

People also forget she was in her early mid 20s then she’s a 40 year old woman now. Most people aren’t the same people in their 20s as they are in their 40s. Many artists have been known to be rude, Nicki Minaj, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, Beyoncé to name a few yet Christina’s the only one that seems to get slated for it 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Zee30 said:

People also forget she was in her early mid 20s then she’s a 40 year old woman now. Most people aren’t the same people in their 20s as they are in their 40s. Many artists have been known to be rude, Nicki Minaj, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, Beyoncé to name a few yet Christina’s the only one that seems to get slated for it 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ 

Say it louder sis!! 🙌

• Love 2
16 hours ago, x.rox said:

Year 2020: Jessica Simpson 

In her "Open Book" audio she says: "And I would just take that bait and say I thought Britney was the nicest girl but maybe Christina didn't need to have her security clear an entire hallway of staff and talent just so she could walk through it alone" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Year 2014: Valerie Bertinelli 

“I was a fan at that time, a long time ago, and I went up to her because she was at a Van Halen concert, and I said, ‘Oh my God, I think you’re a beautiful singer, blah blah blah,’ and she just went like [she made an over-her-head motion], ‘Yah, whatever.’ She gave me the cold shoulder and I thought, ‘*****, I’m a fan! You can’t be nice to me?’ You know?” :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Year 2011: Kelly Osbourne

“Maybe she is just becoming the fat ***** she was born to be. I don’t know. She was a c*** to me. And she bought my house!” :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Year 2011: Avril Lavigne 

"Unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her"  :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Christina on Britney: 

2004: "I know Britney, she's not trailer trash, but she sure acts that way. I can't believe that girl bought her own engagement ring! I've seen it up close. It looks like she got it from QVC." :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

2003: "She seems to me like a lost little girl, someone who desperately needs guidance."  :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

In media outlets throughout the years, when asked about Britney, Christina seems to have not directly apologized for the harsh things she said about her. She instead, doesn't take any fault nor apologize but rather shifts the blame on the "media" for "pitting" them against each other while praising Britney. Take her 2008 interview with the Daily Mail: "When we both started releasing records, it was a funny time for me. It must have seemed as if we were competing with each other, but, in reality, Britney is someone that I used to hold hands with. We were silly girls together on the Mickey Mouse Club. What a journey it has been for both of us!". Christina, that is not an apology. Yes, Christina, a funny time being that it was just water under the bridge for you and was merely a 'funny time', what taking shots at someone who never said a mean thing about you (Britney did respond to Christina's comments afterwards). Also, yes, it's 2008 and what a journey it has been, what with Britney being locked up as a stage monkey while you begin your charade of changing the narrative. So, from what I can tell, she's never apologized and in all the years Britney was in the conservatorship, Christina constantly responded to questions on Britney saying she supports her or praised her but isn't this just changing the narrative for herself to seem like she has redeeming qualities or do you think it's actually genuine? 

She did write that long post about supporting Britney's freedom via Twitter. But this was after 13 long years of Britney being imprisoned. There was social media pressure from fan bases for celebrities whom had been Britney's celebrity peers to speak up. And lo and behold, to much fanfare & conveniently, Christina speaks up and now she is God's given grace of Mother Teresa. But was it performative. Words are just words at the end of the day. Did a publicist or hired professional write that beautiful post or was it Christina behind the keyboard on her socials? Actions speak louder than words don't they? And the most action beyond words we got from Christina on Britney's conservatorship was in the facial expression in 2021: 

LNz5l-F2r2-UI4ejan-Zwl-Rzt3zi-PNYa5-SZu2

And it seems Britney calling her out last year back-fired on her, making Britney the new "villain" in the narrative. But was Britney justified? 

Thoughts?

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

I will refrain myself from comment on Xtina and go to compliment your new profile pic. 

In the meantime:

nene GIF

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block