Throwback: Madonna Sings ‘Toxic’ Unplugged

Not at all related to her cover of toxic, I’ve always been surprised by the ratio of her fame to what her signing voice sounds like. But I guess some non-Britney fans could say that about her as well. Is it more just what she did and the breaking boundaries/contributions to pop culture-type thing? Not that I think her singing voice is bad, but I have many friends who I think sing just as good. Nothing really stands out to me. 

6 hours ago, halfdressed said:

Not at all related to her cover of toxic, I’ve always been surprised by the ratio of her fame to what her signing voice sounds like. But I guess some non-Britney fans could say that about her as well. Is it more just what she did and the breaking boundaries/contributions to pop culture-type thing? Not that I think her singing voice is bad, but I have many friends who I think sing just as good. Nothing really stands out to me. 

It's a fallacy, no? You don't have to have the best voice to have star power. Having the best-sounding voice doesn't necessarily mean you have the greatest star quality either. 

6 hours ago, halfdressed said:

There are many good examples of people with amazing voices whose fame is mediocre, at best or they simpliy vanished. Stardom is more about a vision and knowing how to make it happen. It isn't about one skill, at all. Yes, many famous people happen to have incredible voices or talents, but not all.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block