This Day in Pop: 'Gimme More' music video premieres in 2007 (October 5)

gimmemore.jpg.22cb8597fdb0ea5848c218a68f166eec.jpg

On October 5, 2007 Britney Spears officially released her Gimme More music video through the iTunes store, after having leaked the day before. It debuted on October 8 on TRL and other outlets.

In 2015 it reached 100M views on YouTube. It currently has over 282M views.

002.jpg

It was directed by Jake Sarfaty and it was filmed on July 19, 2007 in Los Angeles.

008.jpg

An alternative version with unseen footage leaked in 2011.

019.jpg

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's one of my least favorites :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: 

but it reminds me of when I was in middle school and MTV would play it every morning while I was having breakfast. Can't believe it's been 15 years already 👴

omg! Gimme More is such a nighttime song and video. I can't imagine watching that in the morning while eating breakfast :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

One of the worst videos for one of the best tracks.

It was such a disappointment. 

I would not have mind if some of the shots were used in the video. But it needed so much more than this. It’s so boring. 

I do love Gimme More so much. Maybe that’s why I’m so pissed it got such a ****ty video. 

• Like 2

I love the grittiness of the video - I feel like it matched the rebellious, moody nature of the song and era. but when it came out, it was a stark contrast to her high budget videos and was panned. which is a shame because that was totally the point. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Peter Pan said:

One of the worst videos for one of the best tracks.

It was such a disappointment. 

I would not have mind if some of the shots were used in the video. But it needed so much more than this. It’s so boring. 

I do love Gimme More so much. Maybe that’s why I’m so pissed it got such a ****ty video. 

Agreed! Favorite song of hers but my least favorite video. 

• Love 1

another one of the "britney mysteries." still so confused by the leaked footage, the shots we saw of her on the street, etc. that never made it into the video. not to mention all the "leaked" info about the original funeral storyline and all that. still one of her best songs hands down and the "its britney *****" opening will forever be iconic.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block