EXHALE TOP 20 - Week #44 (Vote Until October 08) - Elton John and Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, Lizzo, Hailee Steinfeld, Julieta Venegas, Carly Rae Jepsen, BLACKPINK and more!

EXHALE TOP 20 - Week #44 (Vote Until October 08)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Week 43's Top 20

• Hold Me Closer - Elton John and Britney Spears (+17)
    • Super Freaky Girl - Nicki Minaj (+16)
    • SUMMER RENAISSANCE - Beyoncé (+15)
    • 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) - Lizzo (+14)
    • Obsessed - Calvin Harris ft. Charlie Puth and Shenseea (+12)
    • Her - Megan Thee Stallion (+11)
    • What's with the Roses - NOTD and Kiiara (+10)
    • Million Dollar Baby - Ava Max (+9)
    • boy - The Killers (+8)
    • Smells like Me - Charlie Puth (+7)
    • I'm Good (Blue) - David Guetta and Bebe Rexha (+6)
    • Te Encontré - Julieta Venegas (+5)
    • Talking to Yourself - Carly Rae Jepsen (+4)
    • XT4S1S - Danna Paola (+3)
    • Kiss Me - Dermont Kennedy (+2)
    • Pink Venom - BLACKPINK (+1)
    • DESPECHÁ - ROSALÍA (+0)
    • There'd Better Be a Mirrorball - Arctic Monkeys (+0)
    • Beach House - Carly Rae Jepsen (+0)
  2. 2. Songs you want to see in the Top 20

• Hung Up on Tokischa - Madonna
    • Calm Down - Rema and Selena Gomez
    • Te Felicito - Shakira and Rauw Alejandro
    • El Que Espera - Anitta and Maluma
    • Bigger Than Me - Louis Tomlinson
    • Brokenhearted - Carly Rose
    • Harley Darling (Acoustic) - The Pretty Reckless
    • DON'T YOU WORRY (Farruko Remix) - Black Eyed Peas, Farruko, David Guetta and Shakira
    • Chemical High - Lost Frequencies
    • BILLIE EILISH. - Armani White
    • Arrepentida y Sola - María José
    • Sad Clown - Panic! At The Disco
    • How Do I Say Goodbye - Dean Lewis
    • None of these
  3. 3. Songs you want to see in the Top 20

• Nothing Hurts like Goodbye - SLANDER with Kiiara
    • London Rain - Biscits and Goodboys
    • Live and Never Die - The Rasmus
    • Sad Girl Music - Kito ft. BANKS
    • Sad - Lissie
    • Bellacon - El Alfa "El Jefe" and J Balvin
    • Unholy - Sam Smith and Kim Petras
    • Waking Up Dreaming - Shania Twain
    • Celestial - Ed Sheeran and Pokémon
    • No Es Que Te Extrañe - Christina Aguilera
    • La Que un Día Te Amó - Dulce María
    • Morir Aquí - Motel
    • Infatuation - SG Lewis
    • Wolf - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    • None of these
  4. 4. You can subtract a point from a song already on the Top 20

• Hold Me Closer - Elton John and Britney Spears
    • Super Freaky Girl - Nicki Minaj
    • SUMMER RENAISSANCE - Beyoncé
    • 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) - Lizzo
    • Obsessed - Calvin Harris ft. Charlie Puth and Shenseea
    • Her - Megan Thee Stallion
    • What's with the Roses - NOTD and Kiiara
    • Million Dollar Baby - Ava Max
    • boy - The Killers
    • Smells like Me - Charlie Puth
    • I'm Good (Blue) - David Guetta and Bebe Rexha
    • Te Encontré - Julieta Venegas
    • Talking to Yourself - Carly Rae Jepsen
    • XT4S1S - Danna Paola
    • Kiss Me - Dermont Kennedy
    • Pink Venom - BLACKPINK
    • None

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2022 at 02:00 AM

Exhale-Top-20-Week-43.png

1. Hold Me Closer - Elton John and Britney Spears (=) 
  2. Super Freaky Girl - Nicki Minaj (=) 
  3. SUMMER RENAISSANCE - Beyoncé ( ↑ 5 )
  4. 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) - Lizzo ( ↑ 3 )
  5. Coast - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Anderson .Paak ( ↓ 1 ) (RETIRED ) 
  6. Obsessed - Calvin Harris ft. Charlie Puth and Shenseea ( ↑ 6 )
  7. Her - Megan Thee Stallion ( ↓ 2 )
  8. What's with the Roses - NOTD and Kiiara ( ↓ 2 )
  9. Million Dollar Baby - Ava Max ( ↑ 10 )
  10. boy - The Killers ( ↓ 7 )
  11. Smells like Me - Charlie Puth ( ↓ 2 )
  12. I'm Good (Blue) - David Guetta and Bebe Rexha ( REENTERS / ( ↑ 11 ) )
  13. Te Encontré - Julieta Venegas ( NEW )
  14. Talking to Yourself - Carly Rae Jepsen ( NEW )
  15. XT4S1S - Danna Paola ( ↓ 2 )
  16. Kiss Me - Dermont Kennedy ( ↓ 6 )
  17. Pink Venom - BLACKPINK ( NEW / ( ↑ 9 ) )
  18. DESPECHÁ - ROSALÍA ( ↓ 2 )
  19. There'd Better Be a Mirrorball - Arctic Monkeys ( ↓ 8 )
  20. Beach House - Carly Rae Jepsen ( ↓ 6 )

bubbling-under.png
  21. Hung Up on Tokischa - Madonna
  22. Calm Down - Rema and Selena Gomez
  23. Te Felicito - Shakira and Rauw Alejandro
  24. El Que Espera - Anitta and Maluma (LEAVES TOP / ( ↓ 7 ) )
  25. MANIAC - Macklemore ft. Windser (LEAVES TOP / ( ↓ 10 ) ) (ELIMINATED)
  26. Bigger Than Me - Louis Tomlinson
  27. 2 Die 4 - Tove Lo (LEAVES TOP / ( ↓ 9 ) ) (ELIMINATED)
  28. Brokenhearted - Carly Rose
  29. Harley Darling (Acoustic) - The Pretty Reckless
  30. DON'T YOU WORRY (Farruko Remix) - Black Eyed Peas, Farruko, David Guetta and Shakira
  31. Chemical High - Lost Frequencies
  32. BILLIE EILISH. - Armani White
  33. Arrepentida y Sola - María José
  34. Sad Clown - Panic! At The Disco
  35. Sugar Soaker - Panic! At The Disco (LEAVES TOP / ( ↓ 15 ) ) (ELIMINATED)
  36. Sin Fin - Romeo Santos and Justin Timberlake (ELIMINATED)
  37. How Do I Say Goodbye - Dean Lewis
  38. Nothing Hurts like Goodbye - SLANDER with Kiiara
  39. Oceanic Feling - Lorde (ELIMINATED)
  40. London Rain - Biscits and Goodboys
  41. Breakfast - Dove Cameron (ELIMINATED)
  42. Live and Never Die - The Rasmus
  43. Sad Girl Music - Kito ft. BANKS
  44. Candela - Alvaro Soler and Nico Santos (ELIMINATED)
  45. Sad - Lissie
  46. Always Be There - Jonas Blue and Louisa Johnson (ELIMINATED)
  47. Bellacon - El Alfa "El Jefe" and J Balvin

Of course, Hold Me Closer remains on top :elton::tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: Here's a playlist with the top 20:

We have a retired song this week:

• Coast - Highest Position: #3 (Weeks 37, 40)

And we have some new submissions this week:

Spoiler

For your consideration, these are the songs that if they don't make it to the Top 20 next week, or Exhaler's vote, will get eliminated :

Spoiler
  • boy
  • SUMMER RENAISSANCE
  • Beach House
  • Obsessed
  • 2 Be Loved
  • XT4S1S
  • Super Freaky Girl
  • El Que Espera
  • Te Felicito
  • Smells like Me
  • BILLIE EILISH.
  • Chemical High
  • Arrepentida y Sola
  • Bellacon

Don't forget to suggest your new songs, we're now accepting songs/videos released in September or October.

Top 20 mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Vote on the poll (that gives 1 point)
  • Last week's Top 17 has an advantage: #1 song starts with 17 points, #17 starts with 1. (#18-#20 don't have an edge)
  • Songs that didn't make it to the Top don't have an edge regardless of which position they ended, which by the way you can tell by the order on the poll (excluding new songs)
  • Voting on the comments is the most important. You can now vote for up to 20 songs. Your #1 song will get 15 additional points, all the way down until your last song gets only 1 point. If you vote for 10 songs, your first song gets 10 points, etc.
  • The 20 most voted songs on the poll will get a booster in the way of a comment vote known as "Exhalers' Vote"
  • You can subtract a point to those songs already in the Top 20 by voting on the last question, and you can subtract an additional point by specifying in your comments.
  • Ties are broken by weekly YouTube views (yes, YT views)

Other rules and explanations:

• Only two songs per artist will make the Top 20 at max, regardless of how many points the third or subsequent songs get in the end, so be wise with how many songs you nominate at the same time (i.e. when a new album comes out).
  • Songs in the Exhaler's Vote (the 20 songs with the most votes from the poll) get to stay an extra week in the competition even if they don't make the final Top 20.
  • You can suggest album tracks, but it's preferable to focus on singles. However, if an album track enters and eventually leaves the competition, but it's later released as a single or gets a music video, it can come back.
  • If you have any other ideas to improve or make this more interesting, don't hesitate to tell me any suggestions.

Thanks for participating, remember that every Top 20 will help to determine 2022's Top 100 at the end of the year. Last week I'm counting is Week #52.

@PokemonSpears how is Xt4sis above Kiss Me? Kiss Me got 14 points from me, 6 points from @Adriannn, 8 points from its ranking, plus 2 additional votes in the poll and no subtractions. The song should’ve had 30 points. 

Xt4s1s only got 20 points from you in the thread, 5 points from its ranking, 2 additional votes, and I subtracted 2 points from it (in the poll and in my comment). It should’ve had 25 points. 

If you’re going to use Exhale’s vote then both Kiss Me and XT4S1S received 2 points so I don’t understand how it’s ahead and has me questioning other rankings :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

14 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

@PokemonSpears how is Xt4sis above Kiss Me? Kiss Me got 14 points from me, 6 points from @Adriannn, 8 points from its ranking, plus 2 additional votes in the poll and no subtractions. The song should’ve had 30 points. 

Xt4s1s only got 20 points from you in the thread, 5 points from its ranking, 2 additional votes, and I subtracted 2 points from it (in the poll and in my comment). It should’ve had 25 points. 

If you’re going to use Exhale’s vote then both Kiss Me and XT4S1S received 2 points so I don’t understand how it’s ahead and has me questioning other rankings :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

It's all in the views.

As I've explained since the first week, I need an impartial way to break the ties, as it was expected we'll have many as everyone votes for different songs, having many songs with the same amount of votes.

My arbitrary choice, again, announced since the beginning, was to base that on the weekly youtube views from their official video.

Well, actually whatever they have available, with the priority being like this:

1. Official Video
  2. Official Lyric Video
  3. Official Audio (the ones that can be commented)
  4. Audio (from the so called Topic channels, and can't be commented)

Why Youtube? Because I don't use Spotify and can't see the the streams on web player, so Youtube was the easiest way to just copy and paste views. I even asked that if anyone wanted me to take Spotify into account to then help me gathering the weekly streams from there, but no one volunteered lol

So for both the Exhalers' votes and the final total I use the views to determine who ends up above who. There were a million songs that received 2 points in the poll last week, but the views determined which made the Exhalers' top.

The orange numbers are the weekly views. The last column in blue is the extra points they get (in addition to the poll votes), once the -1 was subtracted (from the "None of these" option, which only affected Te Felicito in this case):

evotes.png

XT4S1S got:

• 5 initial points
  • 2 points from the poll
  • 5 points from Exhalers' vote
  • 20 points from comments (mine)
  • -2 negative points

Total: 30

Kiss Me got:

• 8 initial points
  • 2 points from the poll
  • 0 points from Exhalers' vote
  • 20 points from comments (yours and Adriann's)
  • 0 negative points

But once again, how do I break the ties? From the  youtube views, and XT4S1S got more as we can see. In fact the entire top is filled with ties and I have always determined who gets above by the weekly views

top2043.png

I always try to double check the numbers, because obviously I make mistakes since I don't have a direct way to translate the comment's votes to the amount of points automatically. Whenever I lose the count I literally Ctrl+Z everything and start from the first song of that user's comment lol

I think mainly the mistakes I've made is in the actual threads, like not adding or removing the songs from the poll. That's because I have a different tab with all the songs ever where I add their weekly totals and where I see how many weeks they have left. So sometimes I eliminate them there, but not from the other tab I use as a guide to create the new thread.

For example, Tell Me the Truth and Something to Someone, I eliminated them last week after I realized they actually should've been gone weeks ago, but of course you didn't notice :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: But if it was a Beyoncé song, you'd be the first one to tell :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: The extra weeks they stayed in the poll won't be counted because there's no space to add those votes in my format.

The same thing happened with that Mandy Moore song from the tv show. And I think a Demi Lovato song, but someone pointed it out as soon as the thread was made, so I got to remove it before it received any points.

29 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's all in the views.

As I've explained since the first week, I need an impartial way to break the ties, as it was expected we'll have many as everyone votes for different songs, having many songs with the same amount of votes.

My arbitrary choice, again, announced since the beginning, was to base that on the weekly youtube views from their official video.

Well, actually whatever they have available, with the priority being like this:

1. Official Video
  2. Official Lyric Video
  3. Official Audio (the ones that can be commented)
  4. Audio (from the so called Topic channels, and can't be commented)

Why Youtube? Because I don't use Spotify and can't see the the streams on web player, so Youtube was the easiest way to just copy and paste views. I even asked that if anyone wanted me to take Spotify into account to then help me gathering the weekly streams from there, but no one volunteered lol

So for both the Exhalers' votes and the final total I use the views to determine who ends up above who. There were a million songs that received 2 points in the poll last week, but the views determined which made the Exhalers' top.

The orange numbers are the weekly views. The last column in blue is the extra points they get (in addition to the poll votes), once the -1 was subtracted (from the "None of these" option, which only affected Te Felicito in this case):

evotes.png

XT4S1S got:

• 5 initial points
  • 2 points from the poll
  • 5 points from Exhalers' vote
  • 20 points from comments (mine)
  • -2 negative points

Kiss Me got:

• 8 initial points
  • 2 points from the poll
  • 0 points from Exhalers' vote
  • 20 points from comments (yours and Adriann's)
  • 0 negative points

But once again, how do I break the ties? From the  youtube views, and XT4S1S got more as we can see. In fact the entire top is filled with ties and I have always determined who gets above by the weekly views

top2043.png

I always try to double check the numbers, because obviously I make mistakes since I don't have a direct way to translate the comment's votes to the amount of points automatically. Whenever I lose the count I literally Ctrl+Z everything and start from the first song of that user's comment lol

I think mainly the mistakes I've made is in the actual threads, like not adding or removing the songs from the poll. That's because I have a different tab with all the songs ever where I add their weekly totals and where I see how many weeks they have left. So sometimes I eliminate them there, but not from the other tab I use as a guide to create the new thread.

For example, Tell Me the Truth and Something to Someone, I eliminated them last week after I realized they actually should've been gone weeks ago, but of course you didn't notice :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: But if it was a Beyoncé song, you'd be the first one to tell :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao: The extra weeks they stayed in the poll won't be counted because there's no space to add those votes in my format.

The same thing happened with that Mandy Moore song from the tv show. And I think a Demi Lovato song, but someone pointed it out as soon as the thread was made, so I got to remove it before it received any points.

So the first song doesn’t get 20 points? :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer:

8 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

So the first song doesn’t get 20 points? :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer:

no, it gets 17, because bottom 3 don't get any points (this was also done since the beginning so there was more room for new songs entering the top 20 each week) 

that's indicated in the poll options, e.g., 

Hold Me Closer - Elton John and Britney Spears (+17)

On 10/5/2022 at 7:28 AM, PokemonSpears said:

no, it gets 17, because bottom 3 don't get any points (this was also done since the beginning so there was more room for new songs entering the top 20 each week) 

that's indicated in the poll options, e.g., 

Hold Me Closer - Elton John and Britney Spears (+17)

No I mean when we rank 20 songs our #1 doesn’t get 20 points, or it does? 

Kiss Me

El Que Espera 

Hold Me Closer

How Do I Say Goodbye

Whats With The Roses

Her

Harley Darling

Million Dollar Baby 

There’d Better Be a Mirrorball

London Rain 

Nothing Hurts Like Goodbye

Sad Girl Music