Janet Jackson has been uploading more remastered music videos lately

3 hours ago, fays1 said:

I could never enjoy these remastered videos, I prefer the original.

The video is cut from the top and bottom which ruins alot of good parts, and the quality looks like its too photoshopped.

I agree!  It's even more obvious on a TV or computer monitor. 

That being said, now I'm feeling so nostalgic watching these Janet vids again. It's been a minute lol.  But I agree, the cinematography is ruined with these remaster 'improvements'.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, jennyj said:

I agree!  It's even more obvious on a TV or computer monitor. 

That being said, now I'm feeling so nostalgic watching these Janet vids again. It's been a minute lol.  But I agree, the cinematography is ruined with these remaster 'improvements'.

Yeah I was watching Jennifer Lopez waiting for tonight video, and all the beauty and magic of that video got ruined, and the best shots of Jennifers body got cropped out!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

To ask a dumb question…what does it mean when an artist releases remastered music?

If done good, the music samples will be arranged in a newer music producing program than back then or single live instrumentals or voice recordings will be produced in a new fashioned way to make it sound fresh and cleaner, more distinguished.

But I would say there hasn't been that much development since electronic music producing that it would matter as much as for recordings from the pre 90s.

For YouTube it just means either the original video source with high definition was used to crop the video correctly to 16:9 and being re-uploaded or if done sloppy the original video just got upscaled and cropped in which makes it look less HDish.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

If done good, the music samples will be arranged in a newer music producing program than back then or single live instrumentals or voice recordings will be produced in a new fashioned way to make it sound fresh and cleaner, more distinguished.

But I would say there hasn't been that much development since electronic music producing that it would matter as much as for recordings from the pre 90s.

For YouTube it just means either the original video source with high definition was used to crop the video correctly to 16:9 and being re-uploaded or if done sloppy the original video just got upscaled and cropped in which makes it look less HDish.

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block