Britney deactivates her Instagram - Update: she’s back

On 10/4/2022 at 11:55 PM, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I’ve been hoping she would post/repost something to support Sam in trying to educate the public about what’s going on in Iran. 

While that would be nice, that's not really Britney's thing. She is sooo apolitical and rarely if ever posts about human rights/activism. The only time I can remember her doing it explicitly was the "the support the troops" Bush propganda she and Beyonce and others were spreading at the directive of their record labels back in the early 00s.

That's not a criticism of her. The fact she stays away from that is refreshing in a way, there's zero desire to be seen as 'virtuous.'

It's better for someone like Sam to speak about this because he has direct experience anyway.

44 minutes ago, Cancer said:

While that would be nice, that's not really Britney's thing. She is sooo apolitical and rarely if ever posts about human rights/activism. The only time I can remember her doing it explicitly was the "the support the troops" Bush propganda she and Beyonce and others were spreading at the directive of their record labels back in the early 00s.

That's not a criticism of her. The fact she stays away from that is refreshing in a way, there's zero desire to be seen as 'virtuous.'

It's better for someone like Sam to speak about this because he has direct experience anyway.

Username checks out. She literally said that she supported our then president, nobody forced her to say that. The way you are trying to twist things is the epitome of propaganda.

45 minutes ago, Cancer said:

She doesn’t have to insert her own opinion. A simple repost in support of a husband and his loved ones isn’t anything wild. It’s the same as when he was supporting her civil rights. There’s people who would learn a lot from just seeing her post it.  

On 10/6/2022 at 1:16 AM, halfdressed said:

Username checks out. She literally said that she supported our then president, nobody forced her to say that. The way you are trying to twist things is the epitome of propaganda.

Was she 100% behind the invasion of iraq back then along with Beyonce? I don't know. With Britney it's hard to tell if she voiced support for Bush just for the sake of giving an answer. Who knows if she genuinely felt that way? 

She might have been scared of being 'cancelled' even back in the early 00's...the Dixie Chicks were cancelled for speaking out against the Iraq war. Even Madonna had a rough time with her American Life album...she was the closest thing to uncancellable, but they came for her.

All of this applies to Beyonce and other acts of that era too. Most of them were propaganda mouthpieces.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block