Britney Scan of the Day: 22 Years Ago, Britney Spears graces the cover of Elle Magazine

57 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Who said she can’t do high fashion? :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked: 
These are some of her most stunning photos/looks EVER. 

I never even knew these were Dior, YSL, Givenchy, Chanel, etc. until I read the scans. Britney is undeniably one of the biggest fashion icons of the last 25 years and it's a really shame that people back then even found a way to discredit that title. She's arguably the biggest face of Y2K and 2000s fashion. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Let’s escape to the year 2000.
The biggest name in pop was none other than Britney Spears and in October of 2000, 22 years ago, the reigning “Teen Queen” graced the cover of Elle Magazine with high-fashion looks, ranging from Chanel to Versace to Christian Dior to Oscar de la Renta to Yves Saint Lauren to Givenchy and more. At this time, Spears was making waves and headlines for her more grown-up, ***ier image and was in the midst of her mega-successful international tour “Oops!… I Did It Again” with sponsorship deals from heavyweights like Polaroid, Got Milk and Herbal Essences. Spears’ sophomore album, “Oops!… I Did It Again” had sold more than 5 million copies; setting the highest single-week sales ever by a female solo artist and making her the biggest female name in music.

spacer.png

The Importance of Being Britney: Millions of girls want to be Britney Spears. Britney Spears wants to be Madonna — But with or without the naughty side? An eighteen-year-old superstar contemplates her future.
spacer.png

Dress up: America’s teen queen models looks by the biggest names in haut culture.
spacer.png
spacer.png

In person, Britney Spears comes off as a bit more, shall we say, experienced than the guileless image she projects.
spacer.png

Britney in Oscar de la Renta:
spacer.png

Excerpt from the article: Meet Britney Spears. You definitely know her. You may or may not appreciate her. But either way, her sophomore effort, “Oops!… I Did It Again” has sold more than 5 million copies; when it was initially released it, beat the record set by Mariah Carey for the highest single-week sales ever by a female solo artist. Her first album has sold an astonishing 12 million copies. Spears is a living, breathing, pop phenomenon with sponsorship deals from heavyweights like Polaroid, and she has Hollywood delivering scripts to her tour bus in the hopes that she will bring a little stardust their way.
spacer.png

Spears further discusses her newfound success, coming into her ***uality, her relationship with *NSYNC frontman Justin Timberlake, marriage, her family, Madonna, the criticisms of her pop sound/image and more: 
spacer.png

Spears in Christian Dior:
spacer.png

How does a popstar who is marketed as the epitome of virginal teen-hood become a woman without alienating her fans?
EqruAg4XEAsfAHl?format=jpg&name=large

9-to-5: Day and evening looks fit for an MTV princess.
spacer.png

Spears is not a complex new model of contemporary womanhood; she’s a tease. Yet do not underestimate the power of tease.
spacer.png

The importance of being Britney (continued):
Spears, alongside her then manager Larry Rudolph, discusses her career, longevity, songwriting, expanding into films and her mega-successful international tour.
spacer.png

Editor’s Page: “There is something so deliciously modern and quintessentially American, about the fact that of the handful of women who can afford couture—one of them is this month’s cover subject Britney Spears, a former musketeer from Louisiana. And there is something rather endearingly teenage about Britney.”
spacer.png

Hope you all enjoyed this little piece of throwback. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support::crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: @Kletus save my flopping thread with your midas touch  :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

:otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

A comprehensive thread highlighting the power of our queen? :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Your haters won’t bring this up when they try to drag you again! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Because how can they compete with this where they don’t compare? :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Oops!... I've done it again :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: 

Yes it's true my FLOPYONCÉ IS A QUEEN era pulled the most tragic numbers of my career but I have once again risen from thy ashes Gifpro_out_f8dd32d500ebe2992326537cffb19290.thumb.gif.7045436533d5ca96c770fb589256aba0.gif&title=Karen%20Poole's%20In%20the%20Zone%20ref%20track%20%22Outta%20Here%22%20surfaces%20-%20Britney%20Spears%20-%20BreatheHeavy%20%7C%20Exhale&txt=

• Love 1
12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

God she was SO beautiful when she was young.

NOT saying she looks bad now btw but shes not like she used to be

but I understand she changed due to what happened to her.

It’s funny how you always repeat this. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: But yes I agree, she’s obviously changed a lot in 22 years. Most people do. At least she’s blessed us with many great pop moments. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

It’s funny how you always repeat this. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: But yes I agree, she’s obviously changed a lot in 22 years. Most people do. At least she’s blessed us with many great pop moments. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Im just being honest with my opinion.

Sure she is still attractive but she was on a whole other level when she was young.

I will say though she looks WAY younger now than she did in the entire 13 yrs of the conservatorship.

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

@Avenger this article was published back in 2000 but her US sales are still around 10 million? Shouldn't she be at 15 million by now rather than 12m?

Baby sold 20M In a year ww and 12M In US when OIDIA came the sale shot up for BOMT in US but the real growth was in Mexico if being honest. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block