Bryan Spears calling Britney 'fat' (2004)

There is also a thing called abuse from narcissistic siblings. People and society tend to avoid that subject, cause it’s much more common to call out abuse from the parents, and like many people in this topic usually everybody thinks it’s « only normal », but it can be traumatic in the long term. It’s real and it can affect deeply people in their self confidence, self-esteem, their choices or the way they view themselves even way later in their lives. 

I don’t think it’s normal to say to your to your adult sister who is 22, and at the time the hottest woman on the planet (2003) that she’s fat. It’s a way to bring her down, her and her power through « jokes » because HE needs to feel better about himself. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, SonOfSun said:

There is also a thing called abuse from narcissistic siblings. People and society tend to avoid that subject, cause it’s much more common to call out abuse from the parents, and like many people in this topic usually everybody thinks it’s « only normal », but it can be traumatic in the long term. It’s real and it can affect deeply people in their self confidence, self-esteem, their choices or the way they view themselves even way later in their lives. 

I don’t think it’s normal to say to your to your adult sister who is 22, and at the time the hottest woman on the planet (2003) that she’s fat. It’s a way to bring her down, her and her power through « jokes » because HE needs to feel better about himself. 

I agree.

Monitoring your siblings weight and passing it off as sibling banter is cowardly and hateful. And the tone worries me. Bryan seemed genuinely angry but Britney just seemed worried and playful. It was uncomfortable to watch.

I get the feeling Bryan resented Britney's success and technically she was his 'boss' - he resented being her underling so he propped himself up by insulting her and bossing her around as if she were beneath him.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block