Britney wishes her family took some accountability and reveals she’s written 3 versions of her book: "For me just a genuine apology would help give me closure"

Cqleb

17 minutes ago, Persona said:

Being told you need to “get over” your trauma is so incredibly invalidating and hurtful. And realizing and accepting and then letting go of the fact that the people who are meant to love you most, are meant to be the ones to always have your back, are actually the ones who hurt you the most and most likely will never genuinely apologize nor feel remorse is hard. It’s so insanely hard to heal from that, it needs time.

And every person heals differently. After being silenced for so long, clearly putting it all out in the open and talking about it does help Britney or else she wouldn’t be doing it. So fans really shouldn’t be telling her to stay quiet. Claiming she should stop because it feeds the narcissists is honestly…laughable. Britney shouldn’t have to think about their reactions anymore every time she wants to speak up. What exactly does it feed? It angers them and puts negative attention on them - which is good. Let no one forget what they’ve done to her. They will try to fight her until they’re legally forced to stop anyway, Britney staying quiet would change nothing. 
Britney is doing the right thing by not giving a f about their reactions and just doing whatever helps her heal. Britney speaking up is angering them because it shows their methods aren’t scaring her into silence anymore. If she stopped solely to avoid them lashing out again with lies, THAT would feed their egos, they would think they have power still.  

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Britney, your family doesn’t deserve you. Whatever apology they may offer to you in the future will not be genuine unless they explain why they did what they did to you. The conservatorship had nothing to do with your mental health, but everything to do with making money under the guise of helping you. If they don’t admit this then you know the rest.

• Love 3

Notice how she always uses a negative term for Americans as “Muricans”? I don’t think she likes America is what I always assume from reading that when she uses it. It’s a very sarcastic thing to say or use. If she strongly dislikes America and Americans so much though I wonder why she bought a new house in California instead of moving to a different country to leave all the nasty behind her… oh well it’s her life! If I had been her I would have packed up and moved the hell out of there as soon as I could! 

Edited by x.rox
People misconstruing post.
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, IconicShow said:

I thought Justin apologized to Britney the same time he apologized to Janet not too long ago!

He apologized when the cultural narrative reframed him as a white misogynist who bullied women. JT wouldn't have apologized otherwise (ie not genuine)

• Like 2

Letting go is a huge part of gaining closure and that’s great she’s coming to an understanding of this. I have no doubt in my mind that she will someday reconcile or at least come to a closure with her family. By the end of the day, it’s what she deserves in order to move on. Hopefully she continues to stay on an upward path towards healing and continue to stay out of the limelight; that is until or if she’s ready. Remember the process of healing is often times a long one and can be a journey of discovery.

4 minutes ago, Isla said:

Sorry, it's just I disagree with most of your points. Personally I just don't think of Britney as a narcissist. I just think she's hurt.

Was referring to her family and the futility of expecting closure from them

8 hours ago, Persona said:

Being told you need to “get over” your trauma is so incredibly invalidating and hurtful. And realizing and accepting and then letting go of the fact that the people who are meant to love you most, are meant to be the ones to always have your back, are actually the ones who hurt you the most and most likely will never genuinely apologize nor feel remorse is hard. It’s so insanely hard to heal from that, it needs time.

And every person heals differently. After being silenced for so long, clearly putting it all out in the open and talking about it does help Britney or else she wouldn’t be doing it. So fans really shouldn’t be telling her to stay quiet. Claiming she should stop because it feeds the narcissists is honestly…laughable. Britney shouldn’t have to think about their reactions anymore every time she wants to speak up. What exactly does it feed? It angers them and puts negative attention on them - which is good. Let no one forget what they’ve done to her. They will try to fight her until they’re legally forced to stop anyway, Britney staying quiet would change nothing. 
Britney is doing the right thing by not giving a f about their reactions and just doing whatever helps her heal. Britney speaking up is angering them because it shows their methods aren’t scaring her into silence anymore. If she stopped solely to avoid them lashing out again with lies, THAT would feed their egos, they would think they have power still.  

OMG SPEAK THE TRUTH 😌

2 hours ago, x.rox said:

Notice how she always uses a condescending term for Americans as “Muricans”? I don’t think she likes America is what I always assume from reading that when she uses it. It’s a very sarcastic thing to say or use. If she hates America and Americans so much though I wonder why she bought a new house in California instead of moving to a different country to leave all the nasty behind her… oh well it’s her life! 

I agree.

She bought the house in Kfed's neighborhood for her children...

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yes, I think it's kind of like, knowing the kind of trash they are and obviously not expecting anything from them, but at the same time there's that part in her mind that just can't conceive it's true, like how can it be possible that they're so mean, that they did all that to her, and after everything has been made public, they still act like nothing bad happened. 

So it's easy for a third person to say, whatever move on, because we all see it's a hopeless case to wait for an apology, or even the fair punishment they deserve, but if trauma and wounds were so easy to heal, then no one in this world would be dealing with any of that and we would all be joyful people thriving and dancing of happiness despite all the harm we've experienced in our lives. 

Maybe she'll never overcome that, but she needs to learn how to live with that, and that may take a lot of time. Ignoring it and "moving on" like it was just a bad dream, won't give closure to anything. Others may say, then deal with that in private, we don't want to keep reading or hearing your complaints, but in Britney's case, there's also the fact that she hasn't been able to express herself in over a decade.

All those interviews, all the tv shows she went to, all the concerts, all the meet and greets, and she just kept quiet, she never said a word to comply with her handlers and now that she's finally able to speak up, her own "fans" want her to shut up? We will never understand what it's like to be her, really, but we should all just try to show more empathy and try to comprehend, at the very least just listen to what she has to say and not try to overanalyze or criticize her or complain because she's not promoting HMC or whatever. Just be thankful that she's finally free, that she survived all this. 

The way you made me emotional because of this essay of yours. So beautifuly, truthfully, thoughtfully & considerately put together. Are you a psychologist or something because | this part is not about Brit | I feel like someone finally understands me more. I just go through similar situation like Brit and you summarised it perfectly. The way you can read us like open books. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

18 hours ago, Lupita Gutierrez said:

She really needs someone to educate her on narcisisim.. she is giving them all the negative fuel that they crave, this kind of posts just confirms them they still own her, her mind is imprisoned to them 

she will be imprisoned for so long, she is really traumatized but for God sakes someone tell her TO STOP FEEDING THEM.. 

All this post are not therapeutic, she is just reinforcing her trauma

I would say I agree but there´s something I don´t resonate with. I am on the same wavelenght about narcissist crave a response. Actually, not only narcissist but you are in trap of anyone who hurted / oppossed to you & now you are trying to prove yourself or something. That is what feeds them. Without such responses, those people would die or tried to provoke one to respond etc. but you know it might be difficult to stop feeding those people. It´s their game they play, like they make horrible things and of course that one wants to defend themselves & to overcome this might be really really demanding. So I feel like more emphaty would do it because saying about someone / to someone to keep it & stuff can just do more damage. I mean, you obvi mean well but people in this state of mind are not very likely to be ready to just accept sh as it is and move on. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

7 hours ago, Persona said:

Britney shouldn’t have to think about their reactions anymore every time she wants to speak up. What exactly does it feed? It angers them and puts negative attention on them - which is good. Let no one forget what they’ve done to her. They will try to fight her until they’re legally forced to stop anyway, Britney staying quiet would change nothing. 

What a great pov. I feel like you are right about them being angry because Britney exposes them & I am here for this. Yet I feel like there is something you could take into consideration if you wanted to. Those comments about stop speaking about her situation may or may not be taken out of context. While some are totally nasty, there are some consideration worthy; it is not about silencing her totally, I feel like some people (me) mean well with those comment but it is up to Brit what she decides to do in the end & I´m gonna support her. What I (for example) mean by it is that it slows the process of healing (I know this first hand because I suffer from similar situation like Britney - a betrayal from family, my is not so radical tho) and when she pays attenttion to them (I know it´s ******* hard not to do it, it´s almost like you have no chance because your brain / memory can start with it anytime anywhere and it´s so ******* tiring and it makes frustruated, so it takes a lot of time to heal & this (I mean this anger and rants & stuff are natural process of it. And I don´t want Brit to stop posting those posts and rants, what I mean is actually that there are many steps when you walk the way of healing (and everyone walks different way) but there will be a moment when she breaks down because any apology nor any sign of regret won´t fill the void in her & that **** totally changes one´s perspectives & life because that is the moment when you cut those narcissists off (although I believe it won´t happen overnight) but that one can either kill you (it almost killed me) or makes you realise that you do not have to react to them. So this is what I mean. Hope it makes sense. And I also believe this is the very same what some other users mean, see comments below if you are interested.

10 hours ago, paula24bs said:

I've been there and expecting an apology is only going to drag your own process of healing. Some people are simply wired differently and they'll never see what most see. When you let go of that need or desire of apology the anger slowly fades away and there will be days that you wake up and you're surprised that you actually feel fine. You look for the anger that has been there everyday or the anxiety and it's simply not there, because you stoped caring about them. What really helps is to cut those people off completely and shift your time and attention to the ones that value you for who you really are. And also having new experiences, when things are new you need more focus, so it helps in channeling energy from one situation to another I think. It's all in our mind...as hard as it is it's possible 😉

11 hours ago, Gasoline_ said:

Narcissists lack empathy they will never admit to wrongdoing or apologize, cutting them off and leave them behind is the only way to deal with them and move on, Britney seems still struggle to cut this bond with her family.. they really manipulated her hard to make her be ok with just an apology!

9 hours ago, pancake said:

Im really sorry Britney but they wont apologize

they feel what they did is right. i know this kind of people and they will die on that hill

14 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Letting go is a huge part of gaining closure and that’s great she’s coming to an understanding of this. I have no doubt in my mind that she will someday reconcile or at least come to a closure with her family. By the end of the day, it’s what she deserves in order to move on. Hopefully she continues to stay on an upward path towards healing and continue to stay out of the limelight; that is until or if she’s ready. Remember the process of healing is often times a long one and can be a journey of discovery.

15 hours ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

I think Britney should get closure by 1) holding them accountable and taking them to court + suing the state of California, and 2) more forward by coaching with a life coach, perhaps a spiritually-based one, that can help her understand the situation from a faith-perspective, since we know her to be a woman of religion and spirituality. I don't think she should get over it but I think she should take the most efficient steps to move forward, and honestly I think one of those is seeing this thing through in court.

Yeah, a spiritual journey could help her very much. I do not mean any ezo **** but real spiritual stuff & now I feel like time of guru is gone, now it´s more like time of sharing. I mean regular people share what happened to them & how they delt w it because after all, we all are spirits so we cannot be more spiritual than we are now. It´s just about realising it.

17 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I hope she lets them go, and can live a happy and full life. Every time she posts about them, you just know how much they love it. Her family probably genuinely believes that they did what was best for her. They will never understand how stripping her of her rights and choices while robbing her blind wasn’t ok. I truly hope she can let them go and heal from the trauma. From experience, accepting that you’ll never get an apology is sometimes harder than the betrayal. 

18 hours ago, madara said:

Of course they don't think they did anything wrong. Evil works in mysterious ways. Hit**r thought he was saving Germany, People in dark ages thought they were saving society from devil by burning women. Britney's family thinks they were saving her from something. It's a savior complex and it's dangerous af. 

15 hours ago, icybaby said:

She is 100% right. Her father still fights her in court. Her mom writes stupud posts on insta. Her sister wrote a book. And Bryan well who cares.

Her family is predators who never will admit their wrongoings. They r full of sht. And i totally understand how hurting it must be for a woman who always tried and did the best for them. They failed her big time.

Her kid made interview about her needing therapy.

Respect GIF

Yes, this, they are in their lil bubbles thinking they were helping her when in reality it´s the other way around ++ they will never admit any wrongdoings that is why some people comment that Britney should stop this and let them go. It´s dangerous af because then she can very easily became full of hatred (rightfully so but it´ll hurt only Britney). Remember Maleficent, the Angelina Jolie one (an odd example but it may work). 

7 hours ago, Persona said:

Claiming she should stop because it feeds the narcissists is honestly…laughable.

So I hope now you may understand what some people, cannot speak for other author above but me, mean by commenting that letting go is the next logical step.

14 hours ago, OneLife said:

I'm proud of her for coming to an understanding with herself about what will make her move on. All she needs is an apology, it's sad that even that the monsters aren't willing to do. 

The most important thing right now is that she is finally surrounded by people who really love her, unlike the worst period in her life.

15 hours ago, OrangeBlue29 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I hope she heals within herself and stops holding her breath. Will save her a lot of pain. Moving on...

Neediness for love is where they get you. The longer you hang on to them the more damage they do; just look back)

6 hours ago, Pfefferminz said:

Britney, your family doesn’t deserve you. Whatever apology they may offer to you in the future will not be genuine unless they explain why they did what they did to you. The conservatorship had nothing to do with your mental health, but everything to do with making money under the guise of helping you. If they don’t admit this then you know the rest.

Those. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cancer said:

He apologized when the cultural narrative reframed him as a white misogynist who bullied women. JT wouldn't have apologized otherwise (ie not genuine)

Well I doubt he’s going to apologize again at this point I don’t think Britney even cares! It’s her family that hurt her the most and she wants them to apologize and realize what they did to her was wrong! Even if they apologized I’m not sure how she could ever fully trust them ever again!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block