The consensus on Britney Jean vocals?

The consensus on Britney Jean vocals  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

How are you out of the loop if your poll options are basically what the fans talk about?

I mean I was here for all the drama when it was happening where the opinions seemed more mixed, these days it seems more definitive so I'd like to see if that's true or if it's still mixed and those people just aren't saying their opinion :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: I like data ok

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sodapopbritney said:

I mean I was here for all the drama when it was happening where the opinions seemed more mixed, these days it seems more definitive so I'd like to see if that's true or if it's still mixed and those people just aren't saying their opinion :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: I like data ok

I think the opinions all seem to be the same then and now

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Remember when Britney said this was her most personal album :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

Obviously the messaging / promotion around BJ was led by team Con. She was obviously told to tell her interviewers it would be her most personal album and such. Because clearly it’s not when you consider most of the vocals aren’t even her own and the tracks… like “Body Ache” …tell nothing of a story. And then there’s that cringe song team Con obviously forced her to do with her sister, Chillin With You (?). Eeeek. That was cringeeeee. 

The whole album feels like a filler album. Nothing remotely special about it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Listening to the vocal tracks as an avid music listener and someone who is familiar with Britney’s and Myah’s singing voices, styles, similarities, and differences, it is simply my belief Myah is the lead singer on most songs. Definitely on Work Work; no question that’s Myah in the British accent, and it is atrocious to listen to the vocal tracks knowing THAT’S WHY I just could not actually get into the song. That’s weird, no matter how much anyone might think their voices sound the same they really FEEL different and are obviously two completely different people.

I am a casual fan of Myah Marie’s music I love a lot of the demos she has done for Britney, I really am a fan of her, I say none of this to shade or drag her or be funny, it is important to me as a huge fan of Britney Spears and as someone who feels… fooled? being sold a CD that features maybe less than 50% of her voice anywhere in the lead vocals??? 

of course this also reminds me of how I criticized Femme Fatale and especially her vocals I tried to make it a point that her voice was just unbearable to me but I meant how it was processed but it makes me feel like they took opinions like mine and thought they would just get someone else to sing it?? Obviously, Femme Fatale and Glory are so much better than Britney Jean. I never wanted someone other than Britney to sing her own songs, like??? This really was such a strange reverse Milli Vanilli experience.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I really think we hear Britney coming through on the vocals for less than 25% of the whole album. It’s such a weird release. I think it comes down to they needed new music to promote the Vegas show, Britney was too busy rehearsing and stuff/ didn’t want to record. We’re aware that her vocal takes were very rough and I think to make up for it Maya was brought in and layered in on the songs to make a more serviceable product. Some songs I think are purely Maya, some feature her less prominently in parts, but I think it really is her coming through in the lead for a vast majority of the album. It’s sad, because I do actually like and enjoy it somewhat. I wonder what Britney has to say about the project overall. I wonder what she wrote for it and did with the production side of it, if anything. It such a mystery..

• Love 2
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I really think we hear Britney coming through on the vocals for less than 25% of the whole album. It’s such a weird release. I think it comes down to they needed new music to promote the Vegas show, Britney was too busy rehearsing and stuff/ didn’t want to record. We’re aware that her vocal takes were very rough and I think to make up for it Maya was brought in and layered in on the songs to make a more serviceable product. Some songs I think are purely Maya, some feature her less prominently in parts, but I think it really is her coming through in the lead for a vast majority of the album. It’s sad, because I do actually like and enjoy it somewhat. I wonder what Britney has to say about the project overall. I wonder what she wrote for it and did with the production side of it, if anything. It such a mystery..

Totally agree! I’d love to hear her talk about it one day. I was so excited for its release at the time and the idea of it being so “personal”

I agree it was probably used for Vegas promo

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sodapopbritney said:

Don't kill me exhalers, I'm just out of the loop since I haven't been super active here since the BJ era :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

I can guess the results but I want to see the numbers :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

edit: And if your vote is one of the smaller percentages, please explain in the replies!

How you know we was gonna kill you if you ain’t been super active :jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block