Sam Smith & Kim Petras debut at #1 in the UK with ‘Unholy’

Slayer

Oh wow!

It becomes Sam’s 8th Number 1 and Kim’s first!

Sam Smith and Kim Petras make a divine debut at the top of the Official Singles Chart with Unholy. 

Despite trailing in second place midweek behind David Guetta and Bebe Rexha, the juddering club track materialises at Number 1, racking up 5.9 million streams and gifting Sam Smith their eighth Number 1 single - putting them in line with Oasis and The Rolling Stones - and Kim Petras her first-ever UK chart topper. 

Speaking exclusively to OfficialChart.com, Sam Smith said: “It felt glorious and liberating making this record in the studio, but we had no idea the global response would be as overwhelming as it has been. 

“Seeing the fans’ reactions around the world responding to the track in the same way has been completely humbling. Working with Kim has been a joy, I can’t wait for everyone to hear more.”

Kim Petras said: "I just want to say thank you Sam and thank you everyone for listening to the song!"

Source: The OCC

The video just dropped:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block