Why is this fan base so toxic and hateful?

I just think people are very protective of Britney, and they have every right to be. Especially with everything she’s been through. I do agree that people can say things about other female artists, that can be mean… but some female artist, and in general people in the industry, have said some really mean and cruel things about Britney… for literally no reason. So I just think people don’t forget about those comments and will react negatively when an artist speaks out about Britney, even if they’re now praising her. But in general, I think all fan bases can be toxic. Which speaks to a larger conversation, about social media/ parasocial behavior and toxic celebrity worship.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

Beyoncé is Queen and most people that hate on her are either jealous of her success or are racist  tbh.  

You are so desperate to protect someone who really doesn't deserve to be protected.

Beyonce reminds me of Madonna in that both have achieved disproportionate success if you consider they are both totally lacking in charisma.

And I'm convinced Beyonce even stole concepts from Solange to appear more as an 'authentic' artist. What she did to Kelis was just the latest example of her underhanded tactics...you can call her haters racist all you like, Beyonce has benefitted from being light skinned and throwing other darker skinned women under the bus.

The truth of the matter is both Madonna and Beyonce did some really ugly things to stay on top. I can never respect someone like that, no matter how talented or ambitious they may be.

Go and join a Beyonce forum if you want mindless worship. Her fans are certainly good at that!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I agree tbh. This forum reeks of negativity and pessimism, especially as of late. People are also constantly trying to seek out drama, bring out the worst in others, particularly when it comes to tearing down other artists and fail to listen to or accept differing opinions. I always thought Britney fans were better than stooping so low like fanbases such as the Beyhive but guess not. 

8 minutes ago, Cancer said:

You are so desperate to protect someone who really doesn't deserve to be protected.

Beyonce reminds me of Madonna in that both have achieved disproportionate success if you consider they are both totally lacking in charisma.

And I'm convinced Beyonce even stole concepts from Solange to appear more as an 'authentic' artist. What she did to Kelis was just the latest example of her underhanded tactics...you can call her haters racist all you like, Beyonce has benefitted from being light skinned and throwing other darker skinned women under the bus.

The truth of the matter is both Madonna and Beyonce did some really ugly things to stay on top. I can never respect someone like that, no matter how talented or ambitious they may be.

Go and join a Beyonce forum if you want mindless worship. Her fans are certainly good at that!

:ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:  Please  the dramatics omg everyone take a deep breath and PLEASE just stream this already omg wtf

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Cancer said:

honey if you keep on throwing shade on Madonna I'm gonna keep asking you where are the reciepts :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

1 hour ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

All I see is post after post dragging other female artists.  I’ve never been to a forum like this that’s so ridiculously vile and hateful, some of you are just really sad and petty tbh.

What is it about other female artists that get you so pressed?  Are you jealous of the success of other artists?  Do you feel Britney can’t measure up to the talent that other singers possess and thus feel a need to attack them?

What exactly is the problem here?  Why is this so fanbase so vile and hateful?

nene GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block