Should "Gimme More" have been titled "Gimme More (It's Britney ******tch!)" instead?

Should "Gimme More" have been titled "Gimme More (It's Britney Bïtch!)" instead?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi folks. Yes, it's true it's true. I've pulled a GlitterRain and decided to post a bunch of threads today. Who gon stop me? giphy.gif?cid=790b76116d5a5778e345e2cf535aea11b27d10c479123c47&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g sistrens.gif

With that being said, let's NOT steer away from the topic any further!

As we all know, Britney's discography displays some of her iconic song titles with portions in parenthesis. We have (You Drive Me) Crazy, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, (I Got That) Boom Boom, (I've Just Begun) Having My Fun and a few others.

Because a big part of what propels Gimme More is its emphasis on the single line "It's Britney, Bïtch", should it have been titled Gimme More (It's Britney Bïtch!) instead or do you think it's fine just the way it is?

Was this a mistake on Team Britney for not utilizing and taking the opportunity to use the iconic catchphrase in the song's title?

Discuss. Gifpro_out_f8dd32d500ebe2992326537cffb19290.thumb.gif.7045436533d5ca96c770fb589256aba0.gif&title=Karen%20Poole's%20In%20the%20Zone%20ref%20track%20%22Outta%20Here%22%20surfaces%20-%20Britney%20Spears%20-%20BreatheHeavy%20%7C%20Exhale&txt=

• Haha 3
41 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

It would have given away the iconic opening line. “Gimme More” is a perfect song with a perfect title. End of discussion. Comedy Central GIF by Broad City

36 minutes ago, Mutya said:

No

Next thread

34 minutes ago, --- said:

no, makes it tacky. i hate try hard song titles.

I'd say for the general public/casual listener, many aren't even aware that the 'It's Britney *****' line even comes from "Gimme More". If anything, the added "It's Britney *****!" to the song title in parentheses could have brought in more streams. Thanks for your opinions though. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:selena.gif

49 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

We have (You Drive Me) Crazy, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, (I Got That) Boom Boom, (I've Just Begun) Having My Fun and a few others.

Because a big part of what propels Gimme More is its emphasis on the single line "It's Britney, Bïtch", should it have been titled Gimme More (It's Britney Bïtch!) instead or do you think it's fine just the way it is?

Because “gimme more it’s Britney ***** is not a verse like the other ones”

1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

10 now :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

A moment I am most displeased by in my career :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm: Even though I guarantee you if it was the other way around and the official title was in fact "Gimme More (It's Britney *****)", then everyone would argue the opposite. I think people just tend to be biased when they hear of something they're not used to. 

Anyway, I just thought it was a cute idea...forgive me!! :howdareyou_meme_cat::katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

Because “gimme more it’s Britney ***** is not a verse like the other ones”

A lot of songs have words in their parenthesis that may not necessarily be included in their verses. To the public, "It's Britney *****!" is a more iconic catchphrase than "Gimme More" hence why I think it should have been included in the title.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block