10 years ago this week, Lana Del Rey releases the critically-acclaimed musical masterpiece "Ride”

DignifiedLove

16 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

Honestly ride….. one of her worst :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: I have tried to like it but I just can’t. I love the majority of her early work,  if not all of it

WTFFFFF I'm so disappointed in you rn :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: 

I will say that it's a very powerful song and it isn't something I can casually just plug into my aux and listen to. It's the same way I feel about "The Power Of Good-Bye" by Madonna. I just have to be in the right headspace to listen to a song as poignant and meaningful as those two. Maybe that's why? :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Haha 1
Just now, Joshyworld said:

WTFFFFF I'm so disappointed in you rn :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: 

I will say that it's a very powerful song and it isn't something I can casually just plug into my aux and listen to. I have to be in the right headspace to listen to a song as poignant and meaningful as "Ride". Maybe that's why? IDK because I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like the power of this song. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Omg not u finally meeting that person… aka ME 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas::mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: I'm glad you've seen the light

Did you ever get a chance to listen to Lana's album "Ultraviolence" btw?

Yeah I did and I liked it.

I think I wrote on one of your threads the songs I liked from it.

I just dont remember right now.

btw I didnt recognize u at first when I saw ur username and pic, 

I thought u were a new member but then u mentioned to someone about ur Successica era and then I knew it was u.

I like ur username

15 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I did and I liked it.

I think I wrote on one of your threads the songs I liked from it.

I just dont remember right now.

btw I didnt recognize u at first when I saw ur username and pic, 

I thought u were a new member but then u mentioned to someone about ur Successica era and then I knew it was u.

I like ur username

Thank you queen 4uCU.thumb.gif.40fe4e6bffbb18c11b8c09980e579011.gif

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, electricopop said:

Wow, has it been 10 years since this song release huh?

It is one of her best songs that she put out and the video is masterpiece! 

Agreed. A musical masterpiece. I can't believe it's been 10 years. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

44 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Totally!

Idk that was from an E! Special.

Im guessing its around 2003-2004.

She looks like she did when she released Toxic

Yeah, that gif is from an E! Special she did around 2004. It's not on YouTube unfortunately but I'm sure it's somewhere else online or on a Britney media site. I know I have it saved somewhere on a hard drive. It would be cool to watch it again after so many years. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: I used to love watching Britney TV specials back in the day. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
21 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Agreed. A musical masterpiece. I can't believe it's been 10 years. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Yeah, that gif is from an E! Special she did around 2004. It's not on YouTube unfortunately but I'm sure it's somewhere else online or on a Britney media site. I know I have it somewhere saved to a hard drive. It would be cool to watch it again after so many years. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: I used to love watching Britney TV specials back in the day. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Me too!

It sucks how E! doesnt show these specials anymore nor do they do them.

I think they should bring them back or at least put them on streaming services

3 minutes ago, Henry Torres said:

Born to Flop the album is a masterpiece tho :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Honestly it is great and so is ultravioence. In fact almost all of her discography is really good…. Till recently (excluding Blue Banisters the song it’s amazing)

She got a bit :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: Hung Up on Tokischa :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: and a bit overconfident with Chemtrails on the farm or whatever, her white feminist era…… but alas she makes great music overall 

14 minutes ago, Henry Torres said:

He banned me and it felt like a kiss :bouncey:

This is a masterpiece tho :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: The album? Meh 

It’s okay idk it gets more boring. Her

pretentious era tbh… but blue banisters the song is the song of her career as she really does embody Bruce Springsteen or someone.. idek but it’s great 

anyway not to beat a dead horse and I don’t wanna go on and on about this post thing but I just wanna remind u ride sucks. @Joshyworld thanks for beint so warm and welcoming… this is about the need for fragility in the feminist movement, it’s gonna be important. And when I said there needs to be more room for women like me I didn’t mean white like me. Cause theres ppl that think She like **** deserves it or whatever.. there’s a lot of ppl like that and I just think it’s sad that the women I mentioned , whether they’re singing about dancing for  money or whatever that I’ve been singing about chronically for 13 years  yes I’m in that aschalant  but how come when Twigs gets on the pole it’s art but when I do it I’m a ***** I’m a sl** 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block