10 years ago this week, Lana Del Rey releases the critically-acclaimed musical masterpiece "Ride”

DignifiedLove

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Me seeing a notification that I got tagged and being surprised and touched that someone remembered that I love Lana: :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

Me opening the thread and realizing I’m just being tagged for attention: :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

A good thread doesn’t need tags to be successful. Now I purposefully won’t read it out of spite. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

Reveal hidden contents

you got me to reply though, so I guess you got some sort of attention you were hoping for out of me 

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7hb8fetqbci3xladxdalk

This response seems uncalled for. To clarify, you were not tagged for attention. I purposely tagged you and @Midnight towards the end of this thread because I am well-aware the both of you are big Lana fans. The others I tagged were members in my mentions from roughly over the last 12 hours. I put in a lot of effort into this thread and spent hours piecing it together, hence the tags. Unfortunately, however, threads on Exhale don't do that hot unless they're in BSN, involve some sort of drama (usually about Britney) and/or bashing or pitting other successful artists against eachother. It's why this place has declined in quality because of members bombarding this place with meaningless threads and I am not the only one who's made note of this. Yes, I make silly threads but also do my best to create threads on many pop culture and music events whenever I get the chance. But next time I make an anniversary or appreciation thread that I spend some effort on, I'll keep in mind to not tag you again because it's posts like these that truly steer me away from being on here. I feel like some of you come off so ungrateful and entitled for no reason, particularly in an incident like this where I tagged you because I was well aware that you're a Lana fan. Anyways, I hope we can come to a resolution on some of these unjustified responses and work this misunderstanding out because I always thought you and I were on good terms, especially since I've never been about holding grudges. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

To me, probably her best song ever :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

The song really takes me to a ride :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

It's definitely in her Top 5 for me. :cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me: 

I'd say this, Arcadia and the greatest probably resonate with me the most. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

1 hour ago, etherealcat said:

2012 was her year... first born to die then paradise and don't get me started on the unreleaseds from these albums. truly 2 masterpieces. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

The influence she had on the pop music scene despite her being considered an indie act. I don't think we've seen a female artist with an impact so profound like that since. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise: And yes, period. BTD Paradise Edition is timeless. Her artistic peak in the sense of both sonics and visuals combined. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise: What are your favorite unreleased tracks from BTD/Paradise btw? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jsken said:

I love Lana and I feel honored to be tagged, I don't care if it was just for attention :wink_britney_everytime_white:

You're sweet. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: And to clarify -- it wasn't for attention, that was not my intention but rather bringing awareness on such a prolific moment in pop music that I'm sure many of us 2010s kids have enjoyed and can appreciate. Who knows? Maybe some aren't even aware of this masterpiece and can finally learn about its greatness. I'm glad to see all the Lana love on here though. Nice to know who the Lana fans are out of the select few I tagged. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

This response seems uncalled for. To clarify, you were not tagged for attention. I purposely tagged you and @Midnight towards the end of this thread because I am well-aware the both of you are big Lana fans. The others I tagged were members in my mentions from roughly over the last 12 hours. I put in a lot of effort into this thread and spent hours piecing it together, hence the tags. Unfortunately, however, threads on Exhale don't do that hot unless they're in BSN, involve some sort of drama (usually about Britney) and/or bashing or pitting other successful artists against eachother. It's why this place has declined in quality because of members bombarding this place with meaningless threads and I am not the only one who's made note of this. Yes, I make silly threads but also do my best to create threads on many pop culture and music events whenever I get the chance. But next time I make an anniversary or appreciation thread that I spend some effort on, I'll keep in mind to never tag you again because it's posts like these that truly steer me away from being on here. I swear, some of you come off so ungrateful and entitled for no reason, particularly in an incident like this where I tagged you because I was well aware that you're a Lana fan. Anyways, I hope we can come to a resolution on some of these unjustified responses and work this misunderstanding out because I always thought you and I were on good terms, especially since I've never been about holding grudges. 

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you or diminish your efforts because I can tell this took a lot of time. I’ve written threads like these before, and I know they require a lot of work. I guess I should’ve expected that my post would be offensive but I really didn’t intend for it to. I also have absolutely zero bad feelings towards you directly and didn’t while writing that though it may be hard to believe. 

I just hate mass tags and some users do use them regularly and/or to get featured which I think is very irritating. I do generally agree with the premise that a good post won’t require tags to get responses, but I also recognize that posts with more effort might not generate a lot of responses because they’re lengthier which people are too lazy to read. That doesn’t mean that they aren’t good posts. 

Anyways, I apologize again for being an asshat. My intent was to be sassy and funny while getting my point across, but I think I just came across as rude instead. I truly don’t expect people to remember certain things about me (like that I like Lana) because I have a really hard time remembering who is who and who posts what here myself. I realize we’re all busy people with busy lives, and I don’t expect anyone to keep track. Again, I was just trying to poke fun, though I now realize I was unsuccessful and just rude instead.

This was me being an example of what kind of moderator and community member NOT to be. I should be encouraging people who actually put in effort and make thoughtful posts, not discouraging them because I get irritated by a mass tag. I apologize. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you or diminish your efforts because I can tell this took a lot of time. I’ve written threads like these before, and I know they require a lot of work. I guess I should’ve expected that my post would be offensive but I really didn’t intend for it to. I also have absolutely zero bad feelings towards you directly and didn’t while writing that though it may be hard to believe. 

I just hate mass tags and some users do use them regularly and/or to get featured which I think is very irritating. I do generally agree with the premise that a good post won’t require tags to get responses, but I also recognize that posts with more effort might not generate a lot of responses because they’re lengthier which people are too lazy to read. That doesn’t mean that they aren’t good posts. 

Anyways, I apologize again for being an asshat. My intent was to be sassy and funny while getting my point across, but I think I just came across as rude instead. I truly don’t expect people to remember certain things about me (like that I like Lana) because I have a really hard time remembering who is who and who posts what here myself. I realize we’re all busy people with busy lives, and I don’t expect anyone to keep track. Again, I was just trying to poke fun, though I now realize I was unsuccessful and just rude instead.

This was me being an example of what kind of moderator and community member NOT to be. I should be encouraging people who actually put in effort and make thoughtful posts, not discouraging them because I get irritated by a mass tag. I apologize. 

:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: You're sweet.  It's okay, don't worry about it. I forgive you. I'm also sorry if I displayed any attitude with my response.

I really only tagged you because I know you also love Lana! No hard feelings and glad we were able to work this misunderstanding out. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block