Hold Me Closer is the only Britney video I’ve watched only once and will never again

Daveee

6 minutes ago, Kand Dion said:

The people here who complain about Britneys work ethics .. have no clue about what more than 10 years of trauma does to you. I am surprised she even does anything at this point (I am glad, dont get me wrong). Just log out if you think you have any right to complain. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

They also don't think about the fact that she literally started her career at 3 and produced an enormous volume of music, tours, televised appearances, perfumes, etc. 

She has worked really hard for 37 years of her life with very little breaks. 

If the normal adult starts work at 18 and retires at 65, that's 47 years of work. 

So Britney has already put in most of that time, plus all the trauma of the media and the Conservatorship. She's earned the right to release a beautiful music video without her in it :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

11 hours ago, BSfan4Ever said:

they really made a terrible choice for the MV, there would have been better concepts that would have worked for example: britney spears on a boat and elton doing the piano on the beach with dancers behind, I would really like to know who did had the idea for this music video.

Girl go watch the sometimes if u want that :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:  ur video concept is uninspired 

6 hours ago, SJK said:

Y’all really complain about anything these days. We knew she wasn’t gonna be in it and didn’t want to be in it anyway. 

These redundant threads complaining about everything she does or does not do are so exhausting. 

are you new? it's been this way on this site for literary decades

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Do you even know what you're saying? :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Some of you bitter people are giving me second hand embarrassment.

2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

troll GIF

2 hours ago, britney fkn spears said:

Girl—- not this they drained her passion and abused her to the point of her not wanting to try anymore

I think some of you may have misunderstood what I meant. Maybe I should have worded things differently, sorry. Yes, there's no denying that Team Con and her record label sucked the life-force out and drained the spark out of her. Again, not denying that. Whenever something hasn't gone right or according to plan since the conservatorship was put into place and since she began stage II of her career (Circus-Glory), it's typical for fans to place the blame on this person or that person. In other words, let's blame everyone but the artist themselves which is very typical of stan culture. I get it. Not saying there isn't any truth to that either because for all we know, maybe people like Lou had a direct impact on the type of music she should release (who knows because there is so much we don't know). The reality is, at least from what it seems -- during the recording sessions of Britney Jean, I doubt her own team (who was trying to make millions off of her like with any other major-label recording artist) was trying to purposely sabotage her and ultimately serve us with the mess we got. The same with the Glory era. Maybe it was Britney who was the one who didn't want to release any more singles after "Slumber Party" as her way of protesting against the label/her team and hinting that she's done. I think some fans think that everyone around her is to blame except for Britney herself. Unfortunately, some of Britney's fans are also complicit too -- especially those who placed unrealistic expectations on Britney for so many years despite her public struggle which was painfully obvious during the 2010s. Like I doubt it was Ratlou, Jamie, Robin, Judge Goetz or any of those leeches who sabotaged the music video release for 'Make Me' and what's weird is that there are fans who actually believe that when the reality is, maybe, just maybe, it didn't work for Britney herself.  Yes, I'm sure there were things the record label/team were adamant on doing which is unfortunately how the cut-throat industry works and the business of being a commercial pop star but I'm sure there were plenty times were she also had a say. Like, I get where your standpoints come from especially because everything in life is directly impacted by our life experiences but a lot of it is also about perspective. I hope what I said made some sense and clarified what I intended to mean. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block