Why do so many people hate Private Show?

5 hours ago, Willson Saints said:

Not true. Your opinion was a matter of preference. BOMT is full of chest voice, which is not bad. But private show exhibits different resonance placements. And as a Britney fan, I say, BOMT the album is a charm, but so are Private Show and all of the songs she ever recorded. That was my point.

But your original post made it out as if fans hate when Britney showcases her vocal talents based on them disliking Private Show, which clearly isn't the case, as I listed other songs where she shows off her vocals that have been praised by many. Maybe I was showing a bit of leeway towards songs I think Britney sounds good on but I know most fans would agree with me.

Someone may be a good singer but that doesn't mean they're always going to sound great and we can admit that. Demi Lovato has a good voice, for example, but sometimes she feels the need to oversing and sound screechy (see Still Have Me as an example)

On 9/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, Prerogative Rave said:

Private Show is one of my faves from Glory

Yesterday I made a thread saying Touch of My Hand is overrated (which ofc no one agreed with me)

And someone told me to stream Private Show and Chillin With You since that's my taste in my music

No one likes Chillin With You but Private Show is like 100x better and it doesn't deserve to be put with Chillin With You

Why do so many people hate this song?

It’s not a true “Britney” type of song and feels cheap. The production on the vocals is a huge mess. No uptempo Britney song should strive for huge vocal moments and soulful things bc it will never sound like her after the edit. She can sing but it was not at all the right song for her voice. The ONLY part of the song I like is some of the second verses where her natural voice comes through. The promo singles were such a miss between this and Clumsy…made it seem like it was going to be a badly produced mess. The album came through though in the end!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Donavan Ward said:

I don’t know what yall listening to the production on private show is one of the best instrumentals on the album imo. It had retro Doo wop energy and I’m picking up wat my queen was puttin down…it reminds me of her billboard bomt performance. Soulful 

Oh the instrumental on the song is still good!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block