Why do so many people hate Private Show?

On 9/28/2022 at 4:05 PM, Donavan Ward said:

They don’t like r&b so they wouldn’t know. This song slaps the beat is infectious and it’s a full serve. And talkin about the vocals that note in private show is more impressive than Any note hit on itz or blackout. “Ooh oh baby baby ooooooohhh” 

Girl we know Rnb and this is not it I’m so sorry. This is good rnb

Private show is…….. not it

1 hour ago, britney fkn spears said:

Chi private show is on par with CURRENT r&b as all them tracks are ancient and speak for yourself no one else in this thread knows those songs aside from Aaliyah and Brit. And they may not kno the liyah track 

9 minutes ago, Donavan Ward said:

Chi private show is on par with CURRENT r&b as all them tracks are ancient and speak for yourself no one else in this thread knows those songs aside from Aaliyah and Brit. And they may not kno the liyah track 

Girl it really isn’t on par with modern RNB either. Also if you don’t know Jill Scott that’s embarrassing and you will love her

anyway, 

:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: are we genuinely saying Private Show is like these

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

Girl it really isn’t on par with modern RNB either. Also if you don’t know Jill Scott that’s embarrassing and you will love her

anyway, 

:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: are we genuinely saying Private Show is like these

Sweetie I make r&b I think I know a lil bit more about it than u. I know Jilly from Philly…And that’s your taste not a fact private show is a fun song that is on par with any carefree r&b bop. Move around I’m entitled to my opinion. It’s a cute r&b bop and I stand on it…hence why Ariana grande herself was boppin to it numerous times. This fanbase is used to Madonna and don’t know much about r&bWhitney Houston Reaction GIF

10 minutes ago, Donavan Ward said:

Sweetie I make r&b I think I know a lil bit more about it than u. I know Jilly from Philly…And that’s your taste not a fact private show is a fun song that is on par with any carefree r&b bop. Move around I’m entitled to my opinion. It’s a cute r&b bop and I stand on it…hence why Ariana grande herself was boppin to it numerous times. This fanbase is used to Madonna and don’t know much about r&bWhitney Houston Reaction GIF

I’m an RNB artist myself what is this not you literally gatekeeping. I’m entitled to thinking private show isn’t that ***** 😭

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, britney fkn spears said:

It’s definitely R&B influenced though. And it’s weird cause upon relistening I was getting R K*lly vibes and he’s a R&B singer.

And I’m censoring his name cause he’s a s£xual predator.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 3:58 AM, Isla said:

That really isn't true. There's plenty of other songs where Britney really showcases her vocal abilities. Most of Baby One More Time* (where she uses her natural voice), Where Are You Now, Shadow, Everytime, Someday, Perfume (some of her best post-breakdown vocals).... Private Show isn't a good example.

*the album, not the song

Not true. Your opinion was a matter of preference. BOMT is full of chest voice, which is not bad. But private show exhibits different resonance placements. And as a Britney fan, I say, BOMT the album is a charm, but so are Private Show and all of the songs she ever recorded. That was my point.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:21 AM, Adriannn said:

We Tv Reality GIF by Braxton Family Values

Lies are for facts. You can disagree, but opinions are not a matter of truth and lies. No connection. 

Of course, I was being sarcastic. The point is, the Britney fans I was talking about there are inauthentic fans. Genuine Britney fans will appreciate her art, and would not find her signature voice annoying. I am talking about "real fans" of BRITNEY (not fans of her deep voice, or of music, but of Britney the Spears). 🤟😎

• Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 5:54 AM, PokemonSpears said:

I think it's more to do with how most people tend to believe that deeper voice > high pitched voice, which we could compare with rock > pop, masculine > feminine, etc

Or maybe it's the way our brains are wired, but reading some of the comments in here I really can't comprehend how can anyone find her vocals annoying or compare them to "nails on a chalk board". I really don't get any of that when listening to this song or similar, and in fact I unironically enjoy her "baby voice" or "chipmunk voice" or whatever they call it. 

On the opposite for example, I can't stand that male vocals we hear in Blackout, or when they edit her voice to sound like a man like in Freakshow or Get Back, THAT is extremely annoying to me. 

Finally, I found someone here with the same wavelength as mine. Hehehe! 🙏🙏🙏🌹🌹🌹

Can someone pitch it down? I do think the key was just too high. It's not that she "can't" sing that high, but like someone else said... the resonate placement does make it almost sound like she has a cold (like she sounded on S&M) I think that's where she places her mixed voice (mix of chest and head voice) when it's too high for her chest voice. Otherwise typically she always just flips over to her head voice/ falsetto which is angelic. I honestly think if they'd just lowered the key where she could've belted in her full chest voice, it would have had a very different power and vibe.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:58 AM, Prerogative Rave said:

Private Show is one of my faves from Glory

Yesterday I made a thread saying Touch of My Hand is overrated (which ofc no one agreed with me)

And someone told me to stream Private Show and Chillin With You since that's my taste in my music

No one likes Chillin With You but Private Show is like 100x better and it doesn't deserve to be put with Chillin With You

Why do so many people hate this song?

I love Britney . I do not enjoy the pitch of this song. Probably my least favorite song of hers. Yet I love her voice and her versatility… I love her  . Its just this one song of hers I am a hard pass on. I try many other artists and I maybe like 2 songs on an album. Britney most albums I listen and love her entire albums. She knows what works best with her voice and style. She has an impressive range in her songs . So many wonderful unreleased songs. I am not much into pop these days. Yet a Britney song is always a great gift . I know Britney is over it but I appreciate her talent and thank her just for being a wonderful gift. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block