Why do you think Britney stopped singing live?

On 9/27/2022 at 11:50 AM, Martian_M00d said:

Reminder: 

You need to realize that damaged vocals doesn't necessarily mean you can't sing or hold a note, but it definitely can affect your vocal stamina and your ability to sound good over the course of a 1.5 hour show while you're moving around. The fact that she can sound nice in little live snippets or in the studio isn't an indication that her vocals haven't been damaged from years of strained technique and cigarettes.

It was too much of a struggle at a certain point with all the dancing. I remember in the beginning of the oops tour, she was doing a lot of songs live. She did a live broadcast of stronger for an award show and tried to do the long note and croaked/cracked. After that it was always pre recorded vocals. Britney is the type of artist who you go to see put on a good performance, so that was prioritized over live vocals. 

6 hours ago, britneybits2022 said:

She does, but even in this short video you hear her voice cracking , like it’s broken. Hopefully she can fix this..

Dont come with the argument that it’s just for fun, even my voice isn’t cracking when I sing in the showers and I’m not a professional singer

She has been sounding like this since 2001 

I don't think it was Britney's idea, originally. But maybe as she lost confidence she realized it might be a good idea. However i think her mic is always ready in case something goes wrong with the playback, she won't have an Ashlee Simpson moment. 

In the beginning they probably did a mixture of her voice with the playback, and l later it might have been virtually all playback. 

I also think it's possible at times Britney wanted to be live but they kept her mic off. Or for some performances for TV they might have added playback just as insurance that nothing would go wrong. She might not have even known they wouldn't use her live voice in some cases.

Personally I don't care, if she sings it once in the studio she can lip synch and I'll still go to her concert!

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

I don't think it was Britney's idea, originally. But maybe as she lost confidence she realized it might be a good idea. However i think her mic is always ready in case something goes wrong with the playback, she won't have an Ashlee Simpson moment. 

In the beginning they probably did a mixture of her voice with the playback, and l later it might have been virtually all playback. 

I also think it's possible at times Britney wanted to be live but they kept her mic off. Or for some performances for TV they might have added playback just as insurance that nothing would go wrong. She might not have even known they wouldn't use her live voice in some cases.

Personally I don't care, if she sings it once in the studio she can lip synch and I'll still go to her concert!

Great points! 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

It was too much of a struggle at a certain point with all the dancing. I remember in the beginning of the oops tour, she was doing a lot of songs live. She did a live broadcast of stronger for an award show and tried to do the long note and croaked/cracked. After that it was always pre recorded vocals. Britney is the type of artist who you go to see put on a good performance, so that was prioritized over live vocals. 

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block