Why do you think Britney stopped singing live?

• Super Mods

She has one of the most known voices in the world and her singing is beautiful! If you look back at the very beginning, she definitely sang live! Her vocals were amazing and she also did all of that dancing.

For the Oops era, she still had live vocals when performing and did intense choreography.

Even in Stages, you can clearly hear that her mic is in fact turned on. 

With the Slave era, she still performed using live vocals but also had some help with playback. The choreography became much more intense. 

With Me Against The Music, that’s when the playback seemed to become very prominent. 

Each era after this had no live vocals. Not even pre recorded vocals except during the Femme Fatale Tour which was so iconic. I do also believe she sang live during He About To Lose Me :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Why do you think they stopped having her sing live? She sounded great and I think the public respected her artistry more when there was live vocals. Do you think Britney was the one who didn’t want to sing live anymore or do you think it was her team? 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, The Greatest Show said:

A lot of the Oops vocals were pre recorder or sounded bad. 

Her choreo got harder and she had less and less ballads or mid tepos.

In later years it was laziness and her not caring.

Do we know for sure though that it was her? She had liveish vocals for The Femme Fatale Tour. Maybe she wanted that! I don’t think she’s lazy. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Martian_M00d said:

I don't think her voice got damaged at all. Y'all remember when she sang Lonely in the car, or the BOMT cover? It's probably a multitude of reasons (dancing, management decisions, passion, etc.) 

Also this. Her voice is a mystery. Also the BOMT vocals in her recent video. Stunning! She definitely can still sing! Her voice has just been through so much. 

• Love 1

Also keep in mind that by 2007/08 (even earlier), Britney was regarded a permanent fixture in pop culture and as a legend. Once she reached that status, I don’t think it mattered as to whether or not she should sing live. At that point, I feel like she called the shots when it came to her vocals since people would buy tickets and tune in regardless. As she got older, it’s quite obvious to see how she lost her confidence in her singing and how lipping was always the easier way out. The fact that she lip-synced a big portion of her career is really what tarnished her artistry as being taken more serious as a singer/songwriter. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Also keep in mind that by 2007/08 (even earlier), Britney was regarded a permanent fixture in pop culture and as a legend. Once she reached that status, I don’t think it mattered as to whether or not she should sing live. At that point, I feel like she called the shots when it came to her vocals since people would buy tickets and tune in regardless. As she got older, it’s quite obvious to see how she lost her confidence in her singing and how lipping was always the easier way out. The fact that she lip-synced a big portion of her career is really what tarnished her artistry as being taken more serious as a singer/songwriter. 

Great points!

• Love 2

Her image and how she was marketed/directed definitely damaged her natural vocal ability. 

Also, this will sound new-agey, but she has a lot of damage in her throat chakra - the throat chakra governs communication, which has been supressed in Britney throughout her life. 

She could benefit from some holistic healing of that chakra, it would restore her voice somewhat. Now that she's speaking out on instagram, that will help restore it too.

The best vocalists (Whitney/Mariah Carey etc) have very vibrant throat chakras and you'll notice that those people are also very outspoken and free in their speech.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

She has one of the most known voices in the world and her singing is beautiful! If you look back at the very beginning, she definitely sang live! Her vocals were amazing and she also did all of that dancing.

For the Oops era, she still had live vocals when performing and did intense choreography.

Even in Stages, you can clearly hear that her mic is in fact turned on. 

With the Slave era, she still performed using live vocals but also had some help with playback. The choreography became much more intense. 

With Me Against The Music, that’s when the playback seemed to become very prominent. 

Each era after this had no live vocals. Not even pre recorded vocals except during the Femme Fatale Tour which was so iconic. I do also believe she sang live during He About To Lose Me :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Why do you think they stopped having her sing live? She sounded great and I think the public respected her artistry more when there was live vocals. Do you think Britney was the one who didn’t want to sing live anymore or do you think it was her team? 

Let’s be real…her vocals were never strong and with the added dancing, she just couldn’t do it consistently so the use of playback became the norm.

In the earlier performances she sounded fine but she didn’t dance as much and as the dancing got more intense, she had to stop signing. 
I might get hate for this but she’s just not a consistent vocalist. Even in earlier performances where she’s standing still, her vocals were shaky so adding movement would just not work.

At the end of the day, I think Britney is aware of her limitations and doesn’t try to go outside of her comfort zone nor make us think otherwise.

It just is what it is…

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block