Criminal: Britney's biggest sleeper hit ever?

It's amazing to me that "Criminal" has such great streaming numbers, rivaling many of her most classic songs. A better song couldn't deserve it. I'm glad Brit stuck to her guns and that we voted correctly on the Facebook poll asking fans what FF's fourth single should be :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

194+ million views for the music video on YouTube (not including other official audios on YouTube)

172+ million streams on Spotify

What explains Criminal's long-term success?

• Love 6

A few years ago when my niece was like 5/6 I heard her singing Criminal. I was shocked because it was a Britney song but an older song. I asked her how does she know that song and she played me this YouTube video with like anime art but criminal was made into like a creepy remix. And I don’t know what those kinds of videos are called but I guess they were huge with her age range. 

Then a few years later Criminal because a hit on TikTok because of some trend. Very cringey but hey it got Britney’s song exposure.

I think that’s why it has so many streams! The youth just keeps repurposing it and I’m here for it! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Harleys in Hawaii is actually becoming a hit on tik tok.  

Watching adam the flop, it show's wgat flopped then because of bad timings! Etc..

Comes a hit now. 

This us definitely proving.

I think criminal flopped cos, the video was controversial, Britney sl** shaming the girl her man was flirting with about on so it's your day off from working the corner. 

I felt had a different video get made it would have been a hit.

Let's not act like some of the fans thought the dialogue was actually a diss at them.

Rentboy.com don't ring a bell anybody.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block