Nigel d i c k, director of the Baby One More Time & Oops I Did It Again music videos recalls the major difference in pressure Britney was starting to face by the time her second era had started.

4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I guess it's because by the time of Crazy's release, she was still up and coming star, but by OIDIA she was already a global phenomenon. Looking back all the interviews and articles tells how harsh the media was already towards Britney during 2000. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

These comments would never ever been said to BOMT era Britney (although she was criticized for kids choice award in 1999).

Watching this back is interesting. She avoids all the criticism which is actually pretty fair. No one attacked her personally or called her a bad person. They recognized that she has a lot of influence and had opinions about her being a better role model. Its not that different from the criticism she still gets to this day. Also, at 1:52 she mocks and laughs at the Black guy, which is interesting. But I guess she's known for always playing with accents.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

Watching this back is interesting. She avoids all the criticism which is actually pretty fair. No one attacked her personally or called her a bad person. They recognized that she has a lot of influence and had opinions about her being a better role model. Its not that different from the criticism she still gets to this day. Also, at 1:52 she mocks and laughs at the Black guy, which is interesting. But I guess she's known for always playing with accents.

I think the reason Britney laughed was only because it was probably shocking for a man of that age and demographic to be interviewed when in all the other clips they’re interviewing Britney’s actual target audience which were young people in America even a little black girl gave Britney praise 

im black too I’m just playing devils advocate but In a perfect world a black man should be able to voice his opinion and be a fan of any artist and still be taken seriously but he clearly wasn’t a fan and just a grown man with too many opinions lol

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She was a teen, but somehow I guess when anybody turns 18, you're an adult, kids before turning 18 ask adults when am I an adult 21 or 18.

They are offended when you say 18 , they can't even drink, so Britney turning 18, meant okay gloves are off you're no longer a minor but an adult time to treat you like most adults get treated..

That's true in the states but not in Europe. In the EU, most people can drink, drive and do all that adulty stuff at age 18.

14 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I guess it's because by the time of Crazy's release, she was still up and coming star, but by OIDIA she was already a global phenomenon. Looking back all the interviews and articles tells how harsh the media was already towards Britney during 2000. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

These comments would never ever been said to BOMT era Britney (although she was criticized for kids choice award in 1999).

this situaton britney was put was SO DISTURBING. cruel to say the least.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block