Nigel d i c k, director of the Baby One More Time & Oops I Did It Again music videos recalls the major difference in pressure Britney was starting to face by the time her second era had started.

I think this is old or at least he's told the same story several times now.

I do get how huge the difference must've been from first to second era,  she had exploded in just one year. At the same time, she was doing the Making the Video for MTV, so probably that's the reason behind the camera crews. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Still they should've always procured she had some time to breathe in the middle of all that chaos. 

• Love 4
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I never understood why it took him until the Oops video to have this reaction. He also directed Sometimes & Crazy.

I guess it's because by the time of Crazy's release, she was still up and coming star, but by OIDIA she was already a global phenomenon. Looking back all the interviews and articles tells how harsh the media was already towards Britney during 2000. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

These comments would never ever been said to BOMT era Britney (although she was criticized for kids choice award in 1999).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

I always liked the way Nigel came across in the behind the scenes footage from back in the day. He seemed very easy going and not predatory, just a consummate professional. It's moving to see him react to her treatment this way.

Beautifully said. I second this sentiment.

3 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I never understood why it took him until the Oops video to have this reaction. He also directed Sometimes & Crazy.

Just watching this makes me tired ha. The amount of time, dedication, and passion she put into her craft, just wow. She really did THAT. Sheet, I’d retire at 40 too. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block