Vanity 6 - 80s girlgroup ahead of their time....

I know one thing, vanity 6 and several prince proteges are coming out and saying Control the 1986 Magnum opus by Janet Jackson is very much a vanity 6 album, to the point, I feel it's basically taking credit away from Janet..

Doesn't help that prince himself accused janet of stealing what have you done for me lately from him..

Its pretty bad the prince camp is coming out and adding more erasure to Janet Jackson..

@jordeezy

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I know one thing, vanity 6 and several prince proteges are coming out and saying Control the 1986 Magnum opus by Janet Jackson is very much a vanity 6 album, to the point, I feel it's basically taking credit away from Janet..

Doesn't help that prince himself accused janet of stealing what have you done for me lately from him..

Its pretty bad the prince camp is coming out and adding more erasure to Janet Jackson..

@jordeezy

Can you go more in depth about this? Or maybe share some links to where I can read more about this? Super interested in hearing more.

Just now, sochaotic said:

Can you go more in depth about this? Or maybe share some links to where I can read more about this? Super interested in hearing more.

It's all over YouTube..the whole prince narrative.

If anything he was SHADY and had rivalry fun to both Madonna and Michael Jackson,,but saw the talent in them..

But as for Janet Jackson, yeah he referred to her as Michael little sister, and he wasn't a fan. 

The sound he created for Minneapolis,,was stolen by a Gary Indiana native and to have people he fired become more successful than anybody that worked for prince, you can hint the anger and the hostility..

Here's the infamous who wrote that performance..

So he was letting people know, some SHADY **** happened..

@Jordan Miller

@MikeHunt

And to add more further insult to injury a Facebook group devoted to prince, basically a overwhelming 88% believe Janet success was Also more of Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis as she worked with him for a lot of her career and by the time she started working with other producer's, all for you being the first as well as the velvet rope..

Critics noted unlike the first 3 albums, control, Rhythm nation and Janet., The material was suffering, it was until unbreakable or as I call it let's take a nap, as it's very ballad and not danceable, saw a return to form and who helmed the project, Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis, abd the universal acclaim was unnoticed and definitely basically her best reviews since the Janet album..

So that added speculation if like Michael Jackson, was she a producer's product cos after bad and Quincy Jones Left Michael Jackson music basically suffered the same way..

• Love 1

Vanity 6 was created after Prince heard Rick James wanted to make a girl group (they were rivals at the time).  They were pretty short lived and only have that one album. Vanity left the group in 83, then In 84, prince replaced her with another girl named Apollonia & renamed the group 'Apollonia 6'.

Apollonia 6's album is actually really good too, if not better than Vanity's. It's not on streaming services other than YouTube, but I highly recommend! 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's all over YouTube..the whole prince narrative.

If anything he was SHADY and had rivalry fun to both Madonna and Michael Jackson,,but saw the talent in them..

But as for Janet Jackson, yeah he referred to her as Michael little sister, and he wasn't a fan. 

The sound he created for Minneapolis,,was stolen by a Gary Indiana native and to have people he fired become more successful than anybody that worked for prince, you can hint the anger and the hostility..

Tysm for sharing the link! Gonna peep this now. 

1 minute ago, sochaotic said:

Vanity 6 was created after Prince heard Rick James wanted to make a girl group (they were rivals at the time).  They were pretty short lived and only have that one album. Vanity left the group in 83, then In 84, prince replaced her with another girl named Apollonia & renamed the group 'Apollonia 6'.

Apollonia 6's album is actually really good too, if not better than Vanity's. It's not on streaming services other than YouTube, but I highly recommend! 

I have been soooo into 80s music lately. Will check it out. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block