The Way Circus and Femme Fatale Deserve MORE Respect

I like Circus a lot but that album felt almost like a “greatest hits”. It felt like they desperately needed the public to remember Britney for all her music and less about her “troubles”, so they picked songs that sounded like they could’ve been on her previous albums.

BOMT/OIDIA: Amnesia, Out From Under, 

Britney: Circus, Shattered Glass, If U Seek Amy (lyrically no, but sonically) 

ITZ: Blur, Phonography, Unusual You,

Blackout: Kill the Lights, Radar, Mannequin

• Love 6
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I like Circus a lot but that album felt almost like a “greatest hits”. It felt like they desperately needed the public to remember Britney for all her music and less about her “troubles”, so they picked songs that sounded like they could’ve been on her previous albums.

BOMT/OIDIA: Amnesia, Out From Under, 

Britney: Circus, Shattered Glass, If U Seek Amy (lyrically no, but sonically) 

ITZ: Blur, Phonography, Unusual You,

Blackout: Kill the Lights, Radar, Mannequin

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Friends

I always feel this way about Riccus :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: 

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

I loved FF and the FF era (at the time, but now looking back and knowing all we know about what she was going through, it's hard to enjoy it). But it felt like a complete era with promo that lasted more than its release week and had 4 real singles released. The album was cohesive and every single track is a banger. And the tour was good before they started removing songs and props from the set list.

The Circus era was exciting for what it meant as the comeback, but then the release of Radar and The Singles Collection era kinda ruined it for me. And I don't think the album was her best work. The production wasn't mind-blowing tbh. The tour production was awesome, though.

• Love 5

I love Britney’s Circus album, it’s actually a diverse album, sound wise and has great writing. Unusual you is one of my favorite Britney songs. Femme fatale is good too, and is full of bops, but I don’t connect with it, the way I do Circus. I just feel like Circus feels more invested in, and you can feel Britney’s energy in the songs. While femme fatale feels kind of distant, I don’t really feel Britney’s energy in that album at all, even though they’re great songs.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

My issue with Femme Fatale was when she went to Brazil and the Brazilian gays fans were screaming too loud over her singing live. It was impossible to hear her.

This is why there is, IMO, not much of a point in seeing Taylor Swift live for fans of her. You can barely hear her over the obnoxious fans! They even drown her out somewhat on her live album! It's irritating for a whole fanbase to lack self awareness to that extent. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block