Super Bowl looking for a female popstar, Britney in the running?

Jordan Miller
This post was recognized by Jordan Miller!

Body ache was awarded the badge 'Great Content'

After Taylor Swift turned them down, they're looking for another female popstar to take her place.

Taylor Swift was, in fact, asked to perform at Super Bowl LVII, TMZ has learned, but turned the offer down ... and we know why.

Sources with direct knowledge of the Super Bowl halftime show tell us ... Swift was approached months ago by SB honchos, asking if she'd headline. We're told Taylor was clear ... she didn't want to perform until she finished rerecording all of her first 6 albums.

We're told Taylor would like to headline a Super Bowl halftime show, but now it's an issue of timing. It's possible she could finish the remaining 4 albums -- "Taylor Swift," "Speak Now," "1989," and "Reputation" -- in the next year. That would open the possibility of a 2024 appearance, but it all depends on finishing the rerecords.

Our Super Bowl sources tell us ... they're still looking for a female popstar for the big performance.

Is it her time to shine?

rs_464x332-160205113202-Feb_05_2016_1117

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

Her time as a performer has passed. These days, she has no ambition or ability to put on a good show. Pink is the best option.

She'll get booed. SP is all right winged people. She recently said that she supports abortion. They don't like that.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, Body ache said:

She'll get booed. SP is all right winged people. She recently said that she supports abortion. They don't like that.

That's far-fetched, IMO. Politically conservative people expect entertainers to be left-leaning. That didn't stop them from enjoying artists like Katy Perry and Madonna during the halftime. It's a small minority of people who would be worried about politics during a concert in the middle of a football game. 

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

Her time as a performer has passed. These days, she has no ambition or ability to put on a good show. Pink is the best option.

I mean, believe you me, there are days when I think that, as well. However, if Britney would be willing to put even a 1/3 the amount of effort she places into these Instagram's and all else she does, these days, she could probably pull it off, nicely. A live Microphone and good, well-applied make-up and we might all be in for a big treat!

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Body ache said:

After Taylor Swift turned them down, they're looking for another female popstar to take her place.

Taylor Swift was, in fact, asked to perform at Super Bowl LVII, TMZ has learned, but turned the offer down ... and we know why.

Sources with direct knowledge of the Super Bowl halftime show tell us ... Swift was approached months ago by SB honchos, asking if she'd headline. We're told Taylor was clear ... she didn't want to perform until she finished rerecording all of her first 6 albums.

We're told Taylor would like to headline a Super Bowl halftime show, but now it's an issue of timing. It's possible she could finish the remaining 4 albums -- "Taylor Swift," "Speak Now," "1989," and "Reputation" -- in the next year. That would open the possibility of a 2024 appearance, but it all depends on finishing the rerecords.

Our Super Bowl sources tell us ... they're still looking for a female popstar for the big performance.

Is it her time to shine?

Same goes with Britney: timing.  I think Britney would be better for 2024 or 2025 or even better for 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

I would love to see Britney headline the SuperBowl, but I feel like if she was gonna do it she would've done it some time during the Vegas era :typing_keyboard_computer: I'm surprised she didn't do it some time from 2013 - 2018, I'm sure there must have been discussions, she's an obvious choice :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Like 2

you're reaching, she doesn't want/bother to promote HMC (0 linked insta-post, insta deleted for a few days, etc.), she said lately that she doesn't think she'll ever perform again, last time she was on stage was 4 years ago, last time she made a public appearance was 4 years ago, john said that she was anxious and has a lot of trust issues. 

I just can't imagine someone who's broken, anxious, self-conscious and who didn't made any public appearance in 4 years and still traumatized by the industry go and do the super bowl lol

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Is it her time to shine?

It’s really said to see y’all be so disrespectful to Britney. As a fan respect her & her wishes, the lady has clearly stated she’s not at the point in her life ready to perform right now, so why make this thread & go against what her wishes are right now. It’s silly why try to pressure her, when she’s ready to perform she will we don’t need to try to force her hand. I want something great & the only way I know I will get that is when she’s ready. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
50 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

If Madonna and Katy Perry could do it then so can Britney if she wants to, we see from the Insta posts she can still clearly dance. The only question is if she would want to do it or not. If she got a team together and rehearsed for a few months she could absolutely pull it off, the talent and ability is there :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.