Britney’s husband Sam Asghari speaks for people of Iran in their fight for freedom

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please ensure your comments do not break our community guidelines or you will be booted from the topic.

1 hour ago, Willson Saints said:

I'm sorry, but Iran isn't stricter. Many Arabs are just blind followers. You have to be HERE to know. If you are here to discuss, then I am here to tell you you're wrong. You are the one putting words in our history, like what I said, you have to be HERE to know. I feel sorry you keep missing the point. Keep all your googlelized narratives of Iranian history to yourself. Like I said, they AREN'T helping our situation NOW. You heard of the sociological world-view? Respect it. Iran before the Revolution is a LOT better, period. ❤️❤️❤️ If you aren't Iranian, then do NOT pretend you know on the basis of either your westernized/arabized versions.

P.S. Know-it-all persons don't say they are; they act it. Look at them. So focused on proving they are right, even more than learning from their mistakes (they never admit they do). They front what they know a little too much as that's all that they have. 😅 They are so defensive. So self-entitled. So narcissistic. So know-it-all. Familiar? Oops. #exposed

Im sorry I red all the comments and still dont know what your issue is with them?

Is it because they said Iran was in a better situation in the past?

They havent said anything wrong!

On 9/23/2022 at 6:25 PM, Dave92 said:

Hmm… Iran (and most of the Middle East) has always been a ****hole. I don’t care what “great culture” they supposedly had…minorities, gay people and women are literally abused by law and no beautiful scenery or whatever will change that. It’s not just “culturally different”, it’s barbaric and hateful. 

The Kingdom of Persia was the centre of civilization back in its day.

Things change. The US is supposedly a "free" country now but it could be a totalitarian mess in 500 years for all we know 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, fays1 said:

He did blame the people if you read his comments

There is a difference between saying Iran is a country that has a human rights violations problem that targets women and Gay people, and between calling Iran a ****hole culture and country and and painting everyone in it with a broad brush

Im not offended, I simply responded in a respectful way, yet he and others responded to me in a disrespectful way.

Iran is a ****hole country and the people agree

On 9/24/2022 at 2:02 AM, do the thing said:

Just like literally the entire planet until very recently (like, 40 years ago). Women jailed in they'd wear pants in France, segregation in the US, s0d0my laws literally almost everywhere (including in Norway until the 70s-80s), blabla. They're just like the whole world has always been until very recently. It might take some additional time for some change according to the country you're talking about. You're targeting laws, which are different from culture (architecture, language, literature, philosophy, food, cities, etc.). Do you consider Ancient Greece to be a sh**h*le? Because women had no rights, and weren't even considered as citizens (they were below men in every single aspect, and slightly above slave; they had less rights than ex-slaves though). Do you consider 50s-US as a sh**h*le? Segregation + 0 rights for gays + limited rights for women. Separate these things carefully.

Exactly. Most of these countries are dictatorships. They'll only be able to fight for gay rights when they'd... get the freedom to fight for something. Some countries are achieving it (Tunisia, Lebanon, Morocco). But at the moment for most it's not their priority. You can hide being gay pretty well, especially in countries with gender-segregation, you can't hide being a woman or a minority. 

Also, Iran is the only country in the world that applies death penalty for gays. Saudi Arabia stopped doing that a long time ago; in Mauritania, you can be sentenced up to 3 years in jail max and even then it's generally if you're caught up doing it in public. Most don't care because jail-space isn't extensible and there's more urgent matters, and also because they have partnerships with UNO so they're being discreet about it. Iran is already blacklisted and backed up by Russia so they don't mind. 

Yes, the West (mainly the US and the UK) and Russia played a pretty big part regarding the rise of religious extremism in the Middle East throughout the last century. They're aren't the main reason, but a significant factor.

- After Ottoman's defeat in WWI, the British helped the riots occurring in the regions of the Middle East which ended up in an implosion of the Empire with different individual states. Long story short: just like Germany huge tax-payments & sanctions (which indirectly led to WWII), the Ottoman Empire had to cede all of these countries (with the exception of Turkey) to British mandates. It's different from colonisation, it's rather mandates to give some time for governments to form (a transition), and most were really short-term. British had other colonies in other parts of the world with France & Italy. Obviously, they had some oil interests. But their poor management of the transition led to the establishment of Saudi Arabia controlled by... the Saudi family. Another key point is Israel-Palestine: their poor management led to a conflict that overspread in the entirety of the Middle East: the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians that were chased went as refugees in neighboring countries. Lebanon was religiously heterogeneous. Long-story short: civil war because some Palestinians organized their resistance from there, and some events were (often incorrectly) accused to be made by them. Multiple-decades civil war. Now, a party in Iran tries to defend the Shias from Lebanon, etc.

- About Iran: Sam is wrong on so many levels. Iran wasn't a "country of freedom" before the Revolution, it's one of the biggest historical misconceptions you can make about Iran. In 1953, the CIA and the MI6 (UK-equivalent of the CIA) organized a coup d'État. Result: Mossadegh, a modernist that actually made Iran wealthier and freer (and nationalized the national oil company), was replaced by Pahlavi, who transformed Iran into a huge dictatorship. Completely crazy. A lot of people were killed, protests broke out, etc etc etc: he also repressed religious people. So Iranians revolted and answered to repression with the Revolution. Which ended up being another dictature. Just different. Still a dictature. Following Iran-gate a lot of sanctions occurred and killed the country. Poorer country = less education. Still, the majority doesn't enjoy the current government.

Result: UK & US are responsible for the Revolution. Why did they do that? Because they wanted an oil-ally (the previous minister nationalized it) and a strategic position during the Cold War.

- Afghanistan: 1964, Zahir Chah established a constitutional monarchy based on the 4th French Republic and granted a lot of freedom for his population. 1978: communist coup d'État, brutal reforms. Brejnev (USSR) supported the Communists. Carter supported the Islamists. 1979: Russia sends 600,000 men and basically starts a decade-long civil war between Russians, nationalist Afghans, communist Afghans. In the meantime, the Moudjahidins (quite similar to Talibans) were... TRAINED secretly by the CIA through the "cyclone operation" and financed by the US and Saudi Arabia; each one of them gave 3 BILLION DOLLARS. Al Qaida was born during that time. Irony: the US indirectly provoked the formation of Al-Qaida (1987, Ben Laden and Azzam trained Pakistani Mudjahidins to go to war in Afghanistan) and the training of some of its recruits during the war. Then came another American failure... the intervention to "bRiNg dEmOcRaCy" in Afghanistan. 2022: Talibans are in office, women can't go to school anymore. Congrats USA! I'm wondering how the country would be without being in war since the 70s, and without the US training Mudjahidins. Would 9/11 have happened? I don't think so. 

- Iraq: probably one of the biggest disasters in history. Invasion of Iraq on the basis of false proofs. By the US. Approved and helped by the UK. Thankfully, France refused (explaining the French bashing campaign in the 2000s saying that French are cowards). They illegally invaded Iraq to overthrown the dictator that was there and to BrInG DeMoCrACy (quite interesting considering that Iraq is massively rich in terms of natural resources). UNO refused any intervention. They turned the entire country into a war zone with different militias. A lot, a lot, a lot of treasures were destroyed/robbed. Keep in mind that Iraq was one of the oldest civilizations in History and thrived for centuries. Aladdin's city Agrabah was actually based on the capital of Iraq, Baghdad. And obviously, dozens of thousands of civilians killed. Can you imagine being in your living room with your family and hearing sirens because the US decided to bomb your country to free you from your dictator? Doesn't make any sense does it? Britney's infamous interview where she "accepted" it was one of the lowest points of her career to me. Still, I don't blame her, she probably didn't know anything because she was basically having 1 hour of rest a day since 17 and she probably didn't spend it looking at the news, therefore giving a generic answer "I think we should listen to the president." Anyways. Back to subject: ISIS was established there because of the collapse of Iraq. And they were bombing cities in Iraq (yup, don't forget that the main victims of terrorists aren't Westerners where 2% of attacks occur but mainly Middle Easterners where 90%+ of attacks occur). They turned Iraq into a no-laws war zone. 

- Libya: 2011, Arab Springs, revolution by the people for democracy, not provoked by the West, but self-provoked. Ruthless repression from Libya's ruler that was in office for more than 3 decades. It started a civil war. It happens. BUT... France and UK decided to interfere and to help the rebels. Aerian raids; they killed the dictator. Problem: desorganized country. Two different governments in two different cities. France doesn't recognize the same as the UK. Anyways. Country ended up a mess. However, oddly enough: 0 refugees from there. It has only about 7 million inhabitants, but just like Egyptians, there's very few (never met one) refugees.

So yes, Russia, US and UK are highly responsible in the recrudescence of religious extremism in the region. Terrorism as you know it actually didn't exist before the second part of last century. It's very recent, and among its causes there is... Russia, US, UK. Yes. Doesn't mean that they're 100% responsible for what's happening in the ME. But doesn't mean either that they didn't play a major role in it. Because destabilized country = opportunity for extremists to make their movements grow (young, desperate people are the easiest one to convince because they have almost nothing to lose). 

Thank you for such exhausting commentary. It was like a walk through history. You really explained this stuff well & now I feel like I understand this problem better. Thank you for offering another POV. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Prerogative Rave said:

Iran is a ****hole country and the people agree

I never has an issue with him calling Iran a ****hole country.

But I wont waste my time as you intentionally dont want to understand what im saying.

Im not Iranian, Persian, or Shia so if you are trying to offend me its not going to work.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, fays1 said:

Im sorry I red all the comments and still dont know what your issue is with them?

Is it because they said Iran was in a better situation in the past?

They havent said anything wrong!

Hi. No, they are correct. I just didn't agree with one person–the one who said that Sam was wrong. I'm not the only one reacting on the contrary to that person.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block