How Do You Feel About Being Ghosted?

JayTawndre

This has been bothering me for a while! I don't understand how when you reach out to someone and they leave you on 'read.' :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

It's just really rude. It's also different levels of rude or disrespect depending on who's doing the ghosting. If it's friends or family, that's even worse. That is several lines of disrespect and inconsideration crossed. 

Not gonna lie, a few people here who I won't tag have left my messages on read and it makes zero sense. 

So my question, let's get chatting together and I want everyone's take on being ghosted. Your thoughts, and also maybe any advice why would someone close to you do that. Do we overthink these things too much in our society? 

Remember life before you were ghosted. That term wasn't even a thing in 2000. 

Discuss (or not).... 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Experiment X said:

This has been bothering me for a while! I don't understand how when you reach out to someone and they leave you on 'read.' :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

It's just really rude. It's also different levels of rude or disrespect depending on who's doing the ghosting. If it's friends or family, that's even worse. That is several lines of disrespect and inconsideration crossed. 

Not gonna lie, a few people here who I won't tag have left my messages on read and it makes zero sense. 

So my question, let's get chatting together and I want everyone's take on being ghosted. Your thoughts, and also maybe any advice why would someone close to you do that. Do we overthink these things too much in our society? 

Discuss (or not).... 

I think sometimes people genuinely just forget sometimes!!! I forget everything lol!!! I get distracted easily!!! Lol I do think it's pretty lame though... 

14 hours ago, Experiment X said:

Discuss (or not).... 

before social media ghosting didn’t exist. You would become a stranger. If you don’t call via telephone it was ok. I don’t understand why people get mad if you don’t answer your message right away. It’s not urgent. 

I’ve had friends send me essays expecting me to reply at length and it’s like gurl I don’t have time texting you for 12 hours a day … I rather have a personal face to face convo with you for a hour a week or more so I can get on with my day cause there is a man out there surely that will eventually fall in love with me that will require lots of sucking on my end ffs 

• Haha 4
  • Super Mods

OMG I HATE being ghosted, its the WORST feeling in the world!

Its basically someone showing they dont give a sh!!!!t about you and purposely ignore it.

Sadly ive dealt with this alot on the internet and NOT cause im a bad person, its just alot of jerks out there who like to lead you on.

And also its basically a coward move cause that person cant tell you to your freakin face or by text how they really feel, so they leave u on read.

And idk if its just me but I HATE the read feature, why do we have it?

It only makes people feel worse afterwards.

Sorry for my long azz comment, ive just been through alot :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

OMG I HATE being ghosted, its the WORST feeling in the world!

Its basically someone showing they dont give a sh!!!!t about you and purposely ignore it.

Sadly ive dealt with this alot on the internet and NOT cause im a bad person, its just alot of jerks out there who like to lead you on.

And also its basically a coward move cause that person cant tell you to your freakin face or by text how they really feel, so they leave u on read.

And idk if its just me but I HATE the read feature, why do we have it?

It only makes people feel worse afterwards.

Sorry for my long azz comment, ive just been through alot :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

couple hug GIF

• Love 1

Ghosting needs to be taken as a sign of them not caring about you or wanting to meet up again. That is the only way to cope with it :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Someone recently just ghosted me and it did feel bad but I did get over it. 

I won't let them back into my life again though so they could do it again :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

Guys should really learn to communicate their feelings better :flop_britney_candies:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block