The director's recent film, 'Elvis, Baz Luhrmann Confirms Britney Spears Remix of ‘Viva Las Vegas’ Could Be On Its Way Soon

The director's recent film, 'Elvis,' featured a mash-up of Elvis Presley's 'Viva Las Vegas' with Spears' 2003 hit 'Toxic,' but the song has yet to be officially released.  Baz Luhrmann says that he’s working on releasing the fan-favorite “Viva Las Vegas” remix from his recent film Elvis.

“There’s a lot of love, a lot of intense love for the Britney/Elvis track in the movie, and it’s my commitment to try [to release the song],” Luhrmann told Rolling Stone while promoting his Bombay Sapphire-sponsored 60th birthday party over the weekend.

Luhrmann confirms to Rolling Stone that an official version of the remix is “fully done,” though he adds that he’s “just trying to unravel it,” citing a sign-off from the parties involved. “It’s my passion and commitment to try to get all parties involved in getting it completed and out there for the fans,” he says, “as I know Britney herself and Elvis are, in so many ways, connected in their own different journeys.”

If the “Toxic” remix of “Viva Las Vegas” finally sees the light of day, it’ll mark the second release from Spears since her conservatorship was ended. The singer collaborated with another famous music icon, Elton John, on the duet “Hold Me Closer” last month.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Baz Luhrmann, director of recent film, 'Elvis,' featured a mash-up of Elvis Presley's 'Viva Las Vegas' with Spears' 2003 hit 'Toxic,' but the song has yet to be officially released

GettyImages-533596734.jpg?w=1024

A fan-favorite track from the 'Elvis' biopic— "Viva Las Vegas" remixed with Spears' "Toxic"—might finally be released soon, according to director Luhrmann

Legends only! :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking::mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

Have you seen Elvis and what did you think of GODxic mixing with Viva Las Vegas  :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block