Britney Cover Of Aqua’s ‘Barbie Girl’ Coming Next?

Cqleb

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, TeaWaiter said:

Her voice what !!!!! :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Didn't know Britney sang in Whitney's voice over the last 20 years 

Britney is the most qualified singer to cover Barbie Girl because of her, you know,       B A B Y    V O I C E

I didnt say that.

I just prefer the original and plus with all the smoking she's done,

her voice is too hoarse and rough for a light barbie song.

Im NOT shading btw, just being honest

• Like 1
7 hours ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Mattel would not be interested in buy the song at all! Go search the reasons why both of them sued each other in the past

actually did you know about these official promos from 2009?

I initially thought the same.

but let’s be honest the opportunity is too big for Mattel to pass up—only one of the best-selling songs of all time. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Mattel would not be interested in buy the song at all! Go search the reasons why both of them sued each other in the past

Except:

In 2009, as part of a marketing strategy to revive sales, Mattel released a promotional video featuring a version of Barbie Girl with modified lyrics.

I knew I wasn't making this up ffff

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

actually did you know about these official promos from 2009?

I initially thought the same.

but let’s be honest the opportunity is too big for Mattel to pass up—only one of the best-selling songs of all time. 

Literally what I just copied and pasted from Wikipedia :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: okay I know it's not always reliable but I know it existed.

Still though Mattel were wrong to sue MCA/Aqua over the song in the first place, but they still ended up using it in the end to promote Barbie.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Isla said:

Literally what I just copied and pasted from Wikipedia :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: okay I know it's not always reliable but I know it existed.

Still though Mattel were wrong to sue MCA/Aqua over the song in the first place, but they still ended up using it in the end to promote Barbie.

it’s a simple matter of parody and in my opinion it’s not even a parody—it is literally just free speech. I mean it’s like when people make songs about superheroes and other owned characters. I mean it’s not like they could prove financial damages.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

it’s a simple matter of parody and in my opinion it’s not even a parody—it is literally just free speech. I mean it’s like when people make songs about superheroes and other owned characters. I mean it’s not like they could prove financial damages.

Exactly. I'd argue it's fair use. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

Well the song is the technically a duet. Someone would need to do the male parts. Elton isn't Ken but his deep voice would work. If not him Justin Bieber for sure.

He doesn’t have to be Ken, I never heard ken Barbie sing …. 
and I know it’s a duet but Britney wasnt on a verse alone is all I’m saying he was singing the entirety and she was singing along to me. But yes it’s a duet 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 9/27/2022 at 3:29 AM, DomForPayx said:

SMH and is that a bad thing ? She’s not a “baby” lol omg y’all like baby voice Britney I like her deep voice 

I didnt say for her to sound like a baby,

I said her voice is too rough.

I actually like her deep voice but its DAMAGED due to her stupid decision to smoke. Everyone knows thats basically vocal suicide to do that if you're a singer.

19 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I didnt say for her to sound like a baby,

I said her voice is too rough.

I actually like her deep voice but its DAMAGED due to her stupid decision to smoke. Everyone knows thats basically vocal suicide to do that if you're a singer.

I smoke and I can sing plz don’t blame the cigarette.

but I think she can sing she just don’t want to

shes just not passionate about it at this time and I don’t believe personally that she would rather US promote hold me closer she was giving Elton what he wanted 

• Super Mods
13 minutes ago, DomForPayx said:

I smoke and I can sing plz don’t blame the cigarette.

but I think she can sing she just don’t want to

shes just not passionate about it at this time and I don’t believe personally that she would rather US promote hold me closer she was giving Elton what he wanted 

Hm true.

Its sad that she lost that passion cause of Team Con.

She was a natural performer

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block