Christina Aguilera versus (barely) Britney Spears: Grammy nominations and winning. We know who owns the throne

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Both women and fanbases can exist and thrive simultaneously. Please ensure this topic doesn't get out of control or it will be locked. Thank you. 

IT'S TIME FOR THIS TO ARRIVE, *****ES :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

2000: Best New Artist 1999 - NOMINATION AND WON! Christina Aguilera

spacer.png

2000: Genie In A Bottle Best Female Pop Vocal Performance NOMINATION

2000: LATIN GRAMMYS: Genio Atrapado Best Female Pop Vocal Performance NOMINATION

2001: Mi Reflejo Best Latin Pop Album NOMINATION (regular grammys!!!)

2001: What A Girl Wants Best Female Pop Vocal Performance NOMINATION

2001: LATIN GRAMMYS: Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti Record Of The Year NOMINATION

2001: LATIN GRAMMYS: Mi Reflejo - Best Female Pop Vocal Album NOMINATION AND WON!!!

spacer.png

Wow, she destroyed pop culture in 2 years, so much noms :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow:

2002: Lady Marmalade (with Pink, Lil Kim and Mya) Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals NOMINATION AND WON!

spacer.png

2002: Nobody Wants To Be Lonely (With Ricky Martin) Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals NOMINATION (HER WORST ENEMY - HERSELF, FACING HERSELF IN SAME CATEGORY, AGAIN IN 2022 :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:)

2003: Dirrty (feat Redman) Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals NOMINATION

2004: Stripped - Best Pop Vocal Album NOMINATION

2004: Beautiful - Song Of The Year (this category is for songwriting so Linda Perry could only win) NOMINATION

2004: Beautiful - Best Female Pop Vocal Performance NOMINATION AND WON!!!

spacer.png

2004: Can't Hold Us Down (feat Lil Kim) Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals NOMINATION

2006: A Song For You (with Herbie Han_cock :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:) Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals NOMINATION

2007: Back To Basics - Best Pop Vocal Album NOMINATION

2007: Ain't No Other Man - Best Female Pop Vocal Performance NOMINATION AND WON!

spacer.png

2008: Candyman - Best Female Pop Vocal Performance NOMINATION

2008: Steppin' Out (with Tonny Bennet) Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals NOMINATION

2012: Burlesque (with Cher) Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media NOMINATION

2012: Moves Like Jagger (with Maroon 5) Best Pop Duo/Group Perfomance NOMINATION

2015: Say Something (with A Great Big World) Best Pop Duo/Group Performance NOMINATION AND WON!!!!

spacer.png

2019: Fall In Line (with Demi Lovato) Best Pop Duo/Group Performance NOMINATION

2019: Like I Do (with GoldLink) Best Rap/Sung Collaboration NOMINATION

2022: LATIN GRAMMYS: Cuando Me De La Gana (with Nodal) Best Regional/Mexian Song NOMINATION/PENDING

2022: LATIN GRAMMYS: Santo (with Ozuna) Best Fusion Urban Performance NOMINATION/PENDING

2022: LATIN GRAMMYS: Pa Mis Muchachas (with Becky G, Nicki Nicole, Nathy Peluso) Best Fusion Urban Performance (facing herself again :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:) NOMINATION/PENDING

2022: Album Of The Year - AGUILERA NOMINATION/PENDING

2022: Song Of The Year - Pa Mis Muchachas (with Becky G, Nicki Nicole, Nathy Peluso) NOMINATION/PENDING

2022: Record Of The Year - Pa Mis Muchachas (with Becky G, Nicki Nicole, Nathy Peluso) NOMINATION/PENDING

2022: Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album - AGUILERA NOMINATION/PENDING

Actually its A LOT harder to win in pop categories, sadly she was never put in rnb categories, that's why Beyonce has so many - she could never win in pop that much as she did in rnb...

Okay, that would be quick, some Britney:

2000: Best New Artist - NOMINATION AND FLOP (sorry have to :flop_britney_candies:)

2000: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance Baby One More Time NOMINATION

2001: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance Oops I Did It Again (she did actually) NOMINATION

2001: Best Pop Vocal Album Oops I Did It Again (she did it again) NOMINATION

2003: Best Pop Vocal Album Britney NOMINATION

2003: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance Overprotected NOMINATION

2005: Best Dance Recording Toxic NOMINATION AND WON!!!!!

spacer.png

2010: Best Dance Recording Womanizer NOMINATION

Lol, that's it? Lolz. :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, dritney said:

Britney’s first two albums outsold Christina’s entire discography (BOMT almost outsells her entire discography). The people have spoken. Try again.

this topic is a bout talent, did u realize :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

And that's funny. Christina Aguilera sold more than 9 million copies in the USA, Britney about 13 (offically!!!). Worldwide is 15 against 25. I know that Britney fans likes adding black market so u should think about Christina's black market sales as well :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: OFFICALLY in the USA only (considering Aguilera's #1 singles) they have pretty much the same success in debut eras. Of course Britney wons worldwide.

Funny that Stripped (offically!!!) sold 2 million copies in UK and In The Zone only 300k :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

But anyway. This topic is about Grammys, realize that :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

most people dont care about Grammey. They are meaningless today. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

dosent care in what category? that's not the truth in 100%.

Mariah Carey was so mad at Grammys and always shading them, but when she finally got some respect with 3 wins in 2005 she was so happppppyyyyyy.

Grammy's are worthless because is a choice of some people obviously, but there's always a respect behind artist who have much of them so not that truth. Point of thinking depends of point of sitting :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

So if grammys are worthless then any chart or sales are worth anything as well

That wortless that Barmy is SHAKING right now for nomination for Flop Me Closer :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

• Like 1

What are you trying to prove? I mean isn’t it obvious that you’re on a Britney Spears site? If we talk about talent, Christina definitely has a stronger voice but that doesn’t make her better than Britney. Britney has shown more artistry than Christina overall; if we look at Christina’s run things are messy because she lacked identity. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

I mean, what do you want to hear from us? The fact that you can’t enjoy your fave’s success because Britney lives rent free in your head and THAT is what getssss me. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

• Love 2
  • Like 7

I've been in the US since 2019 and I have never heard a Christina song on the radio or in a club (except if I have my Spotify connected cause I lover her music). Aside from Say Something, her Spotify streams are very low compared to Britney, Shakira, or even Jay-lo. 

But what do I know, maybe the Grammys are the better metrics? :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Also, OFCOURSE she will always land a pop vocal nomination, she has  a great voice! I'm disappointed though that she is only choosing to scream and shout in her recent performance s(like the PCA tribute).  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Style. said:

What are you trying to prove? I mean isn’t it obvious that you’re on a Britney Spears site? If we talk about talent, Christina definitely has a stronger voice but that doesn’t make her better than Britney. Britney has shown more artistry than Christina overall; if we look at Christina’s run things are messy because she lacked identity. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

I mean, what do you want to hear from us? The fact that you can’t enjoy of your fave’s success because Britney lives rent free your head and THAT is what getssss me. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

more artistry on what? of being a virgin with baby voice and using autotune? after 2007 we have only forced album with forced decisions.

honey, you need to take several seats and calm down and look at dictionary what means "artistry"

:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Axad said:

With all of that Grammys nominations and wins she was in Britney shadow and always be  poor Fatxtina lol:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: and instead of wasting your time here in Britney biggest fans site go Stan her in her fan site oh I forgot she doesn’t have one  :jamie_lynn_grape:

hi bodyshamer. was ur idol working in production line for Xtina's perfumes like for 15 years for 12hours? she looks like dead old wrinkle witch :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, evaaguilera2022 said:

more artistry on what? of being a virgin with baby voice and using autotune?

I will stand by my opinion in which I believe Britney has shown more artistry than Christina Aguilera over time. It’s not even my opinion, it’s a fact because Britney has impacted the pop world through her music catalog, daring choreography and sensational performances meanwhile Christina has always been seen a Britney clone with no identity. Does she even have five global hits? Eat my *******. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I will stand by my opinion in which I believe Britney has shown more artistry than Christina Aguilera over time. It’s not even my opinion, it’s a fact because Britney has impacted the pop world through her music catalog, daring choreography and sensational performances meanwhile Christina has always been seen a Britney clone with no identity. Does she even have five global hits? Eat my *******. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Baby put your brain 2egether. Sales are sales, grammys were for artistic honour :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: Christina nominated in every of her eras (sorry Bionic and Lotus) :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

THE ACADEMY HAS SPOKEN about artistry :flop_britney_candies:

Glad that Bionic after being ahead of the generation would be nominated in 2092 :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 1

Having a stronger voice doesn’t translate into having a great voice. Last time I checked, Christina Aguilera hasn’t delivered a proper and clean ballad since You Lost Me? It’s been a decade sis :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Who’s buying Christina’s Grammy nominated songs? I want to know those people. Where’s your music? Put your music out and when I see your name in Billboard, I’ll respond to you! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 4

Having a stronger voice doesn’t translate into having a great voice. Last time I checked, Christina Aguilera hasn’t delivered a proper and clean ballad since You Lost Me? It’s been a decade sis :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Who’s buying Christina’s Grammy nominated songs? I want to know those people. Where’s your music? Put your music out and when I see your name in Billboard, I’ll respond to you! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Cardi B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and that's how it should be :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, evaaguilera2022 said:

hi bodyshamer. was ur idol working in production line for Xtina's perfumes like for 15 years for 12hours? she looks like dead old wrinkle witch :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

At least Britney was hot and **** as **** during her prime and I think she still look hot and **** :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy::prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:your fav on the other hand was and still and always will be fat and ugly as hell :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block