Did Jamie Lynn sign a recording contract with the Maloofs? : A Research Thread

Steel Magnolia

5 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

I read somewhere she started recording music since august 1997? So she must signed before this date?

We found a copy of the contract.

She signed in September.

Sept. 10, 1997 - Britney signs a recording contract with Zomba Enterprises, Inc. The contract comes with a "get-out" clause, meaning the record label can drop her within 90 days.

Source: Petition for Judicial Approval of Contracts Affecting the Interests of a Minor, Re: “Zomba Recording Corporation and Brittany Spears, Dated as of August 4, 1997,” Administration of the Estate of Britney Spears, Minor, By Her Father, 21st Judicial District Court for the Parish of Tangipahoa, State of Louisiana, No. 9703154, October 10, 1997.

Oct. 10, 1997 - With Larry Rudolph acting as his legal representation, James Spears signs an affidavit and a “Petition for Judicial Approval” of Britney’s recording contract with Zomba. Lynne Spears also signs an Oath as “undertutrix ad hoc for the minor Britney Spears,” seeking judicial approval of the contract. A handwritten note to the Tangipahoa Clerk of Court on October 7, 1997 reads, “Judy, This is what Ruth Spears called about.” Once the contract is signed, Britney is immediately relocated to New York City, housed in a Jive Records penthouse, and groomed to become the American version of Robyn. In order to give Britney some direction, Jive’s A&R executive Steve Lunt shows her Robyn's music videos, to which Britney responds, "The record is really good, but the video is all wrong. It's in boring black-and-white and no one is dancing. If it were me I'd be wearing a miniskirt and I'd be dancing.”

Source: Petition for Judicial Approval of Contracts Affecting the Interests of a Minor, Re: “Zomba Recording Corporation and Brittany Spears, Dated as of August 4, 1997,” Administration of the Estate of Britney Spears, Minor, By Her Father, 21st Judicial District Court for the Parish of Tangipahoa, State of Louisiana, No. 9703154, October 10, 1997.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

She signed in September.

Sept. 10, 1997 - Britney signs a recording contract with Zomba Enterprises, Inc. The contract comes with a "get-out" clause, meaning the record label can drop her within 90 days.

Oct. 10, 1997 - With Larry Rudolph acting as his legal representation, James Spears signs an affidavit and a “Petition for Judicial Approval” of Britney’s recording contract with Zomba. Lynne Spears also signs an Oath as “undertutrix ad hoc for the minor Britney Spears,” seeking judicial approval of the contract. A handwritten note to the Tangipahoa Clerk of Court on October 7, 1997 reads, “Judy, This is what Ruth Spears called about.” Once the contract is signed, Britney is immediately relocated to New York City, housed in a Jive Records penthouse, and groomed to become the American version of Robyn. In order to give Britney some direction, Jive’s A&R executive Steve Lunt shows her Robyn's music videos, to which Britney responds, "The record is really good, but the video is all wrong. It's in boring black-and-white and no one is dancing. If it were me I'd be wearing a miniskirt and I'd be dancing.”

Here is why she started recording her music that month. Even her deal was not officially allowed that moment.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

She signed in September.

You found a Juno Lou contract?

12 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

She signed in September.

I noticed when these docs first were posted that her name spelled Wrong. What’s that about? 

I haven't found a JL contract (nor do I have much hope) but I did find this hilarious 2005 Girls' Life magazine article.

Probably the only actually interesting factoid in this article:  Bryan is referred to as her manager. 

Screen-Shot-2022-09-22-at-7-47-18-PM.png

I wonder if all of these people were being paid by Britney? 

Sharing this because it's been a long day and this made me laugh.  

Screen-Shot-2022-09-22-at-7-51-15-PM.png

Whole article if anyone is interested!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mocha latto said:

I think this might have been used for her master recordings.

Which is what I think Miss Britney Recording is for. I learned while speaking with people who were subject matter experts for trademark law online that her trademarks would not protect her music. Which is great news for Britney as it means any new music released would likely stay between her and Sony/RCA. Even though the company is ****ty, imo.

But I think someone (Probably Lou, since Jamie is going bankrupt) retains ownership over some of her old masters, because UMG said they dont own all of her music and haven't always been completely exclusive.

That makes sense. Are you familiar with the other record companies listed under "Got the Boy" in this CMT awards poster in 2016?

GOT THE BOY

Connie Harrington

Tim Nichols

Jamie Lynn Spears

All For This Music

Made For This Music

Sweet Jamie Music, Inc.

Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp

https://worldradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Business/Music/Billboard-Index/IDX/2016/Billboard-2016-11-12-(Double-Issue)-OCR-Page-0016.pdf

5 hours ago, mocha latto said:

Just like Britney, Shamie-Lynn Fears-Jail had her own TMs (word marks of her name) that are now dead. She now has live word marks that belong to this so called Sweet Jamie Music.

https://uspto.report/TM/90288056 

She's really hoping to make that film or music career happen. You'd think she'd lean into the product promotion like her MLM peddling mother.

Mark For: JAMIE LYNN SPEARS® trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of entertainment in the nature of providing information by means of a global computer network in the fields of music, entertainment and pop culture; entertainment services in the nature of live musical performances and personal appearances by a musical artist, actor and celebrity; entertainment services, namely, providing a website featuring non-downloadable videos of musical performances, musical videos, film clips, photographs, and multimedia files containing videos and sound recordings featuring a musical artist actor and celebrity.

2 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

She's really hoping to make that film or music career happen. You'd think she'd lean into the product promotion like her MLM peddling mother.

Mark For: JAMIE LYNN SPEARS® trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of entertainment in the nature of providing information by means of a global computer network in the fields of music, entertainment and pop culture; entertainment services in the nature of live musical performances and personal appearances by a musical artist, actor and celebrity; entertainment services, namely, providing a website featuring non-downloadable videos of musical performances, musical videos, film clips, photographs, and multimedia files containing videos and sound recordings featuring a musical artist actor and celebrity.

You should see the ridiculous amount of things Britney Spears is trademarked use for. Clocks... watches... jewlery.. shampoo... body glitter... hundreds of extremely random ****. Whoever comes up with these ideas are absolutely milking them. I can see why they would try to control Bs trademarks or would rush to get them before she is out of the Cship. I had a feeling they saw it coming. I bet thats why they wanted to do that.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Did James Spears attend Cri-Help when he attended rehab in 2004?

Cri-Help is straight down the street from the Bluffside Drive address. It would take only minutes to drive between the two.

Also...

Feb. 16, 2006 - JAA Entertainment is registered with the California Secretary of State.

I wonder if anyone assisted him with registering this?

Ohhh great observation. About the locations!

8 minutes ago, mocha latto said:

You should see the ridiculous amount of things Britney Spears is trademarked use for. Clocks... watches... jewlery.. shampoo... body glitter... hundreds of extremely random ****. Whoever comes up with these ideas are absolutely milking them. I can see why they would try to control Bs trademarks or would rush to get them before she is out of the Cship. I had a feeling they saw it coming. I bet thats why they wanted to do that.

Right!  That's why it seems majorly floptastic for JL's trademark to mostly cover streaming video. 

• Love 2

This is an interesting article and tangentially related to the Maloofs 

Warriors emulate Maloof Brothers by getting into music and entertainment

The Warriors announced that they’ve getting into “storytelling” and apparently, producing and releasing Korean pop music

Following in the footsteps of former Sacramento Kings owners Gavin and Joe Maloof, the Golden State Warriors announced today that they would be expanding into the world of entertainment. 

136240664.jpg
WWW.GOLDENSTATEOFMIND.COM

NBA news: Warriors to branch out into entertainment with K-Pop release.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block