Shakira Talks New Album... In 5 Years

Cqleb

• Content Curators

Shakira revealed to ELLE that she has an album’s worth of new music coming  amid what she describes as her “darkest hour”

"I have a full album’s worth of music that I’m so excited about. And some songs you’ll hear imminently, some are collaborations. Some are in English and some in Spanish, different genres."

• Love 1
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

one could only wish that these dark moments as she called them in the interview would reflect in very deep and emotional lyrics like the ones she used to make in the 90's and early 00's, but I think those days are long gone now.

Can someone please explain to me why she is ACTIVELY REFUSING to write at least ONE song even remotely as deep and poetic as her earliest work? In interviews she keeps talking like her old self and like she's on this artistic journey yet then she releases the dumbest stuff. She doesn't even release stupid singles and then fills the albums with cool lyrics, no, everything is wishy washy. I swear I cannot understand it.

PS: I want to have Ozuna's babies.

12 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Can someone please explain to me why she is ACTIVELY REFUSING to write at least ONE song even remotely as deep and poetic as her earliest work? In interviews she keeps talking like her old self and like she's on this artistic journey yet then she releases the dumbest stuff. She doesn't even release stupid singles and then fills the albums with cool lyrics, no, everything is wishy washy. I swear I cannot understand it.

Maybe due to streams. Back then one had to buy the album and the sale counted. Now an artist needs as many streams as possible to generate revenue and excitement, also "dumb" music is good promotion for tours and such.
Anyways I hate her collaborations with Will lyrically no matter how stuck in my head these songs are.

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

I think she just prefers to be more commercial.

I mean, I gotta admit she did release some songs that were more reminiscent of her old self in her latest album, and I was even surprised she released Nada as a single, but it flopped harder than anything, so I guess that's the answer.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think she just prefers to be more commercial.

I mean, I gotta admit she did release some songs that were more reminiscent of her old self in her latest album, and I was even surprised she released Nada as a single, but it flopped harder than anything, so I guess that's the answer.

That song and video are exquisite, a trip right to 1998... so so beautiful...

I don't know what to say. The music and the way people consume it is ruined now. Back then, you actually had time and space to be able to listen to, watch and enjoy something like that. We used to have like.... what... around 8 new songs and videos per month the most? Each new release was an event, even if it was from an artist or band you didn't really follow. Remember when you could turn on MTV or MuchMusic and watch Britney and then Limp Bizkit and then Café Tacvba one after the other? Such diversity... Amazing...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

one could only wish that these dark moments as she called them in the interview would reflect in very deep and emotional lyrics like the ones she used to make in the 90's and early 00's, but I think those days are long gone now.

If she has more bops like Te Felicito I think I'm fine with that

meanwhile we wait for Monotonia ft. Ozuna

Why Latinos are overexaggerating with collaborations almost every week a new one drops.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block