How long it took you realize that Myah singing "Work Betch"?

2 hours ago, Annabanana said:

I initially thought the track was just super auto tuned or something.... It wasn't until I watched the YouTube deep dive episodes that I found out that Myah sang so much on BJ...  She looked so pretty during this era btw and I can't believe she was forced to wear wigs because her hair was gorgeous then. 

And brunetteney was real hair?

17 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Omg yesss, I hear it more clearly here; To be frank, its the pronunciation and intonation that gives it out. She's a really good Britney impersonator tbh, wow. 

The final two "You better work *****" of the final album version are definitely Britney.

Here are some more analyses:

Some comments under the last video above:
"This acapella is Britney and Myah in each channel but in the final version it's Myah and Britney's voice layered together as you can hear two voices."

"trust me britney is singing in the whole song, she's in the left channel and right channel with Myah. It's really messed up basically"

"I still think it's more Myah. Myah is the most prominent"

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
15 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

The final two "You better work *****" of the final album version are definitely Britney.

Here are some more analyses:

Some comments under the last video above:
"This acapella is Britney and Myah in each channel but in the final version it's Myah and Britney's voice layered together as you can hear two voices."

"trust me britney is singing in the whole song, she's in the left channel and right channel with Myah. It's really messed up basically"

"I still think it's more Myah. Myah is the most prominent"

god they made this entire album pure fu(king mess, i cant believe it :orangu_orangutan_ape:

On 9/15/2022 at 10:43 AM, Arckangel said:

I carefully listened a few days ago, and it still sounds like a mixture of voices throughout. Britney herself still doesn't care, though, nor has she ever addressed any dubbing issue. On the other hand, she's recently referenced the song twice positively (a dance Instagram video + a comment about the WB MV being the only c-ship music video she liked).

For comparison:

@Kwn @Naes614 @maki93 @Work_Guilty

Thissssss

Call me delusional, but I still hear Britney throughout the entire song. The higher pitched voice on the bridge (hold you head high) which is the part you hear the loudest is obviously Myah. But Britney’s still there underneath. What’s the difference between this and Circus? Myah is lead in the prechorus, but Britney’s vocals are definitely there underneath

I think this song is an editing nightmare. Britney is auto tuned to all hell and it’s very apparent she didn’t do many takes for the track. The song is much more interesting to hear live, not just for Britney’s vocals but because I think live instruments just elevate the song more.

Out of all the songs from Britney Jean that have Myah, Work ***** is one of the lower offenders. It’s not *that* bad. Songs like Til It’s Gone, Body Ache, Tik Tik Boom, Passenger, and Brightest Morning Star (though the vocal editing on BMS is far better than any of the rest) are all worst offender. Is Britney even ON Til It’s Gone? I’ve never heard her on it 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Thissssss

Call me delusional, but I still hear Britney throughout the entire song. The higher pitched voice on the bridge (hold you head high) which is the part you hear the loudest is obviously Myah. But Britney’s still there underneath. What’s the difference between this and Circus? Myah is lead in the prechorus, but Britney’s vocals are definitely there underneath

I think this song is an editing nightmare. Britney is auto tuned to all hell and it’s very apparent she didn’t do many takes for the track. The song is much more interesting to hear live, not just for Britney’s vocals but because I think live instruments just elevate the song more.

Out of all the songs from Britney Jean that have Myah, Work ***** is one of the lower offenders. It’s not *that* bad. Songs like Til It’s Gone, Body Ache, Tik Tik Boom, Passenger, and Brightest Morning Star (though the vocal editing on BMS is far better than any of the rest) are all worst offender. Is Britney even ON Til It’s Gone? I’ve never heard her on it 

Just like Alien, Britney is the lead singer of Brightest Morning Star except for the chorus where she’s either absent or much lower in the mix. I posted the version w/ Britney leading the chorus on page 3 of this thread.

Britney’s the lead singer of Passenger except, apparently, for the chorus and the bridge. Myah and Britney’s team explicitly denied dubbing on that one song specifically, of course. If true, they would never admit it. (Source 1, Source 2)

Britney’s lead singer of Tik Tik Boom except, apparently, for certain words here or there. Myah Marie sings some ad-libs in the conclusion (which is fine for a background singer).

As for Body Ache, the demo that recently leaked (a demo that Myah Marie herself took down from YouTube more than once) features vocals that are virtually identical to the final album version. Assuming the demo is real and Myah Marie recorded it, it’s blatant proof of dubbing right there. That said, that demo has the first verse repeated twice. This implies the second verse (w/ the lower tone) was recorded later… Myah Marie did confirm (in a BreatheHeavy Q&A hosted by @Jordan Miller) the second verse was left open for Britney Spears and Anthony Preston to write, so maybe it’s Britney singing that second verse after all. According to Myah, Britney’s vocals are definitely on the final song (Source).

As for Til It’s Gone, an audio engineer I work with believes Britney sings the following lines: "...from the tears that fall like rain", "So lost ever since you went away", "My heart's never gonna be the sa-a-ame" and, in the second verse: "...night to turn the page", "But they lie, can't confine me to a cage", "In my mind, the life we had replays"

Chillin’ With You (a song on sisterhood at that!) is believed by some to be dubbed except for several words such as the second and fourth “‘bout a thing,” while other listeners believe it to be mixed throughout.

Hold on Tight and Now That I Found You are mostly Britney on lead, it seems.

It Should Be Easy has Britney and duettist will.i.am on lead; Myah Marie only appears to have some background vocals in the bridge.

Perfume has no Myah at all, but only Sia on background vocals; Britney’s the lead vocalist. Note: At the time, Chelsea Handler stated on her talk show she believed Britney NOT to have sung it at all! (Source)

And finally, Don’t Cry. Britney’s the lead vocalist, and that, everybody agrees on; Myah Marie only sings background vocals on it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Thissssss

Vocals and video are different thing. 

9 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Thissssss

The British girl sounds NOTHING like Brit, especially in the stems. Britney is mixed in at points, it’s really like a duet, but Britney is the feature. Was the accent just a gimmick to disguise Myah’s voice on the lead single? And then Britney definitely does sing the entire second single Perfume maybe minus one or two lines but Britney’s voice is clearly audibly identifiable on the track, unlike almost anywhere on Work Work. I mean it looks and SOUNDS like this was really planned to fool us. Think about it: Myah sings lead vocals on lead single with a thick accent, Britney sings entirety of second single, and the album is mostly Myah. Note both singles were released BEFORE the album. 

:shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block