How long it took you realize that Myah singing "Work Betch"?

I carefully listened a few days ago, and it still sounds like a mixture of voices throughout. Britney herself still doesn't care, though, nor has she ever addressed any dubbing issue. On the other hand, she's recently referenced the song twice positively (a dance Instagram video + a comment about the WB MV being the only c-ship music video she liked).

For comparison:

@Kwn @Naes614 @maki93 @Work_Guilty

• Love 3
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, pancake said:

i never realized until i read on this forum

but britney still sang some parts,right? i can really really her HER in some parts

IIRC from way back when the stems leaked, Britney sang the whole damn song. They just pushed her vocals to the background and Myah's to the foreground.

And in other songs, Britney sang 90% of most of the songs according to the stems. Enough to make you think that she likely sang the whole thing, but then in the final, released versions, it's more like 90% Myah.

It's truly like they swapped Myah and Britney's roles on this album for whatever reason, because Britney did sing all of the songs, but then got put on background vocals. It makes no sense.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

From the 1st time I heard the song I thought she sounded different but I thought it was auto tune. Then I was confused because it sounded like Britney, but then other parts just sounded different, so I thought she was singing in a different way and then when I read on the forum here, I was like ok this is only partially Britney. The song is ok kind of catchy, but the video I'm not really a fan of, because of the editing and dance scenes being lit from behind mostly and her face looking different in the beginning of the video when she is standing in front of the table that is behind her.

8 hours ago, G-unit said:

I’m surprised a lot of fans even like the video. They butchered the final choreography and cut and pasted pieces of it to other parts of the song instead of keeping it where it’s supposed to be.  It literally drives me insane.  The video is kind of an editing nightmare imo. She looks gorgeous…I also can’t get over the widescreen black bars that go away and then come back.

As for Myah…I didn’t realize it until people started talking about it.  But I remember thinking “goddam this song is DRIPPING in autotune it barely sounds like Britney.” :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Yep, I've noticed the same with widescreen boundary mess. Tbh that choreo was really basic, and when I think of it- there was no moves, they are bicycling there:

97c94d9fca867856493afd751579ff5e.gif

5 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

It was the moment I stopped trying to like every song with her name on it, I mean it’s not even her, and it’s really not the best impression, Myah’s voice is cold and static and gets unbearably thin on the trademarked nasal notes, everyone could immediately tell it was copyright INFRINGEMENT. Identity theft.

Do you think will they refund you money if you say in store this reason for refund? :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block