The iconic, incomparable, future legend-in-the-making and 2020s Queen of Pop, Doja Cat STUNS on the latest issue of CR Fashion Book and shares details on her forthcoming album

DignifiedLove

There are certain artists who come on the scene with such a defined sound that it’s hard to remember what the music industry was doing before them. Such is Doja Cat, the stage name of Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini, whose precise blend of fiery rap and disco-futuristic pop transformed her from viral internet sensation into one of today’s most definitive pop stars in just a few short years.

spacer.png

But true pop stars need to have as strong of an image as they do sound. Few designers understand this better than Matthew M. Williams, who honed his craft designing stagewear for the likes of Kanye West and Lady Gaga before making ready-to-wear for his label 1017 ALYX 9SM. Like her music, Doja’s image is distinct but hard to pin down, encompassing bubblegum pink wigs and diaphanous goddess gowns. But it took time for the fashion industry to take notice: the 2020 MTV European Music Awards marked her first red carpet outing in collaboration with a major fashion label, with Doja wearing none other than Givenchy by the brand’s newly-minted creative director, Matthew M. Williams.

spacer.png

The rest of the fashion world perked up, and nowadays Doja wears everything from Versace to Schiaparelli at music’s most important events. Matthew meanwhile is settling into his role at the heritage French fashion house, and preparing his first womenswear-only runway show for Givenchy at Paris Fashion Week, where Doja hopes to sit courtside. CR Fashion Book connected the two creatives to discuss Parisian style, their mutual obsession with Rick Owns and Michèle Lamy, and how Doja imagines her front row fashion show persona.

spacer.png

Doja Cat also teases that her next album will be inspired by “90s German rave.” :bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey: @Blackout2006 WE WON

spacer.png

Full article here: 

41398_TKN_DojaCatCR_038_07-1-e1663073872

At Elizabeth Taylor's former townhome in Manhattan, New York Fashion Week kicked off with a dose of Old Hollywood glamour.
  • Love 6
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 12:27 PM, agustinmalandra said:

risas-pff.gif 

Stay pressed, Brittany stan Jnpjfvq.gif

On 9/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, MikeHunt said:

An It girl! Talent, beauty, fashion! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

Is she still going to retire? I know she said she has some obligations but after those are fulfilled she will be done with the industry. 

I don't think she will. She's a master troll and doesn't take herself too seriously which is so refreshing to see. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

On 9/14/2022 at 3:07 PM, aoki.loid said:

SHES STUNNING 😌😌:bouncey:

She's so hot :bouncey::thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

On 9/14/2022 at 3:59 PM, Fu d Ck said:

She looks like Roger from American Dad

Is there any female artist besides Britney that you haven't attempted to tear down? :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

On 9/14/2022 at 3:59 PM, ElToxico said:

This low-key sent me. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: But don't even get me started. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Doja is THAT girl and you pressed r@+ts will have no other choice but to deal. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding::holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

On 9/14/2022 at 5:05 PM, TheDukeDan said:

She is definitely one of the main pop girls to look for! I’m obsessed with her since “Boss *****”.

My favourite acts right now are RAYE, Doja Cat and Lilyisthatyou. 💚

Stan a bit :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

24 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Doja just get it’s & I can honestly say she is the first woman since Britney debuting that I’m just fascinated by. She has it & I really do Stan her 

:meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

That's what I've been saying all along. She is definitely the most interesting female artist to have debuted in a long time and has everything it takes to be a star in this day and age. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block