What's your favorite Britney Spears album?

Favorite Britney Spears album  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, princessmimi said:

Its ironic that you picked ITZ over Oops as your fave album considering your username.

But its cool, I respect your opinion

If we were just picking which albums had our favorite songs on it, I would have been right in lockstep with your two album choices.  "Sometimes" and "Oops...I Did It Again" are my two favorite Britney  and two of my favorite pop songs in general.  From the perspective which full album is better, I think In the Zone is more consistently great for more of its runtime than the others, even if it never actually reaches the height of the title track for Oops..., for instance.

It's all good, though.  Britney has so many wonderful songs and albums that it's really hard to narrow it down to any one or two.  :)  

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Sometimes_Lucky said:

If we were just picking which albums had our favorite songs on it, I would have been right in lockstep with your two album choices.  "Sometimes" and "Oops...I Did It Again" are my two favorite Britney  and two of my favorite pop songs in general.  From the perspective which full album is better, I think In the Zone is more consistently great for more of its runtime than the others, even if it never actually reaches the height of the title track for Oops..., for instance.

It's all good, though.  Britney has so many wonderful songs and albums that it's really hard to narrow it down to any one or two.  :)  

True.

All of Britney's albums are consistently good except Britney Jean.

Just the fact that she didnt sing ANY of the songs except the singles says ALOT!

Even Femme Fatale is better than that album and its one of her more manufactured albums!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

True.

Just the fact that she didnt sing ANY of the songs except the singles says ALOT!

Even Femme Fatale is better than that album and its one of her more manufactured albums!

I would have to agree on Britney Jean.  There are a couple of songs on Femme Fatale that I rather like, but as a whole I don't think that it gets anywhere near the greatness of any of Britney's early albums.  

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Sometimes_Lucky said:

I would have to agree on Britney Jean.  There are a couple of songs on Femme Fatale that I rather like, but as a whole I don't think that it gets anywhere near the greatness of any of Britney's early albums.  

I agree about Femme Fatale.

I will say though that album and era in general is super nostalgic to me cause I was a senior in HS.

I mean just imagine if Primeney released Femme Fatale,

I think it would've been more fierce and executed much better.

You're right though that her early albums especially pre- conservatorship

were AMAZING!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

mean just imagine if Primeney released Femme Fatale,

I think it would've been more fierce and executed much better.

You're right though that her early albums especially pre- conservatorship

were AMAZING!

I can only imagine how great some of those songs would have been under those circumstances, especially with the production value of some of the early work.  

Agreed about the pre-conservatorship albums.  They were great, and they hold a special place for me because that was also the time when I was going through school.  I think my first time listening to Britney as a fan was the first time I heard "Sometimes" on a compilation CD.  Ended up listening to that track over and over and over again on a trip in the car.  "Oops..I Did It Again" got a similar reaction as well.  Two of the best pop songs of the past couple of decades, in my book anyway.  While I don't think that anything on In the Zone reaches those heights, the fact that she was able to put songs on there like "Toxic", "Everytime", as well as collaborating with Madonna is a pretty strong showing.  :) 

• Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Sometimes_Lucky said:

I can only imagine how great some of those songs would have been under those circumstances, especially with the production value of some of the early work.  

Agreed about the pre-conservatorship albums.  They were great, and they hold a special place for me because that was also the time when I was going through school.  I think my first time listening to Britney as a fan was the first time I heard "Sometimes" on a compilation CD.  Ended up listening to that track over and over and over again on a trip in the car.  "Oops..I Did It Again" got a similar reaction as well.  Two of the best pop songs of the past couple of decades, in my book anyway.  While I don't think that anything on In the Zone reaches those heights, the fact that she was able to put songs on there like "Toxic", "Everytime", as well as collaborating with Madonna is a pretty strong showing.  :) 

I agree.

Blackout was the last time she made music as a free woman and you can just hear the independence and freedom in her voice and the album.

I discovered Britney when I was 7 and I was on a family trip to Mexico in 2000.

We were on a Greyhound bus and for some reason, they were playing her Oops video and I remember watching it and being so mesmerized to the point where I asked my mom "who is she"?

And ever since then, ive been a fan.

22 YEARS!

Thats nearly my whole life and I DONT regret it! :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Love 2
Just now, princessmimi said:

I agree.

Blackout was the last time she made music as a free woman and you can just hear the independence and freedom in her voice and the album.

I discovered Britney when I was 7 and I was on a family trip to Mexico.

We were on a Greyhound bus and for some reason, they were playing her Oops video and I remember watching it and being so mesmerized to the point where I asked my mom "who is she"?

And ever since then, ive been a fan.

22 YEARS!

Thats nearly my whole life and I DONT regret it! :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

I definitely group her albums into pre and post conship.

Her first three albums were iconic for the moment but aside from the singles they don't necessarily hold up. ITZ was a preview of Britney finding her voice as a creative genius. Blackout was brilliant and probably deserves the "most personal" title that her dumb team attributed to Britney Jean.

Circus and Femme Fatale are close to pop perfection but are tarnished since her creative input was stifled. Britney Jean is mostly an embarrassment aside from Work B, Alien (the vocal glitch still kills me), and Perfume. I feel better about loving Glory knowing that Britney admitted she got her spark back around that time, yet we all know how that went for her :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Blackout & Oops!.. I Did It Again

- these two are just my all time favorites. They’re great from start to finish. Yes I also love one kiss from you, when your eyes say it and even dear diary. (Even though that’s my least favorite) 

Britney

- very diverse album but I like all of it except for maybe Not A Girl. It’s not bad song it’s pretty iconic but I’m just a little over it. But the rest of the album is so good.

…Baby One More Time

- The singles alone make me rank this album so high but honestly I also love tracks like I Will Be There & Deep In My Heart.

Glory

- Tg we got this one after that horrendous album. Very creative and vibey. I love a lot of tracks. Some are bit weirdly produced. Not a huge fan of ie Private Show.

In The Zone

- 4 standout tracks and the rest is good too! Lots of soul. I’m just a little bit more into the poppy sound.

Circus

- Solid album! Some mehh tracks. But also great ones like circus womanizer if you seek any and unusual you. 

Femme Fatale

- I don’t even hate FF. I love it a lot in summer or pre-party vibe. It just misses soul. My favorite tracks now are Trip To Your Heart & Don’t Keep Me Waiting as they have the most soul imo.

Britney Jean

This is not a Britney album. I’m not even sure why I rank it. How anyone could rank this above an actual Britney album is beyond me. Soda Pop alone is better than BJ in its entirety.

13 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

My discovery of "Sometimes" was similar.  I was vaguely aware of who Britney was from "...Baby One More Time" but she wasn't really on my radar.  I remember hearing "Sometimes" though and being absolutely amazed by her voice.  Honestly can't remember how many times I listened to it on that car ride.  :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:  Then, when I first heard "Oops..." on the radio, it was clear that she was someone that I definitely needed to be paying attention to.  :) 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
25 minutes ago, Sometimes_Lucky said:

My discovery of "Sometimes" was similar.  I was vaguely aware of who Britney was from "...Baby One More Time" but she wasn't really on my radar.  I remember hearing "Sometimes" though and being absolutely amazed by her voice.  Honestly can't remember how many times I listened to it on that car ride.  :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:  Then, when I first heard "Oops..." on the radio, it was clear that she was someone that I definitely needed to be paying attention to.  :) 

Thats awesome.

When did u first hear about her?

In 1999 or 2000?

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
38 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

I definitely group her albums into pre and post conship.

Her first three albums were iconic for the moment but aside from the singles they don't necessarily hold up. ITZ was a preview of Britney finding her voice as a creative genius. Blackout was brilliant and probably deserves the "most personal" title that her dumb team attributed to Britney Jean.

Circus and Femme Fatale are close to pop perfection but are tarnished since her creative input was stifled. Britney Jean is mostly an embarrassment aside from Work B, Alien (the vocal glitch still kills me), and Perfume. I feel better about loving Glory knowing that Britney admitted she got her spark back around that time, yet we all know how that went for her :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Totally agree!

I do feel like Glory is the only post conservatorship album that resembles her old albums.

Its like a grown woman version of Britney and ITZ but a 2010s version.

You would think Team Con would've encouraged Britney to be passionate about her projects for that way they can sell and make money but no,

they forced an obviously miserable woman to work against her will!
SMH! :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

True.

Work Meow wasn't Britney at all :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Britney singa only 2 songs in album in 100% (Perfume and DC)

Meow Marie sounds like dying cat.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block