On 9/12/2022 at 7:27 PM, hazel24magic said:

Eh. I don’t agree. I think good conversations can be had if people educated themselves on trauma and trauma response. Instead, there are “fans” throwing out their opinions without taking time to educate themselves, and they are often distasteful. Ie: the person who posted a gif saying they wanted to reply to Britney  by saying “there are people dying” as a way to diminish her trauma. Who does that? The most their “opinions” provide is “she needs to get over it,” or “no wonder her kids are embarrassed.” That’s not a conversation; those are ignorant statements that shows they have no clue about trauma. 

I think the negativity has gotten so toxic lately many of us want those types of fans to delete their account. Why celebrate Britney when she’s ONLY doing what they want her to do for their entertainment  (make music, perform, etc). But now she’s finding herself and sharing her story, suddenly people are so quick to criticize? “This is tiring” “she should do this” “no wonder her kids are embarrassed” with no regards to the fact she was abused for 13 years. Where is the compassion people had during the FreeBritney movement?

This is so well explained, literally my thoughts. 

I'm one of those fans who is been complaining lately and asking for threads to be closed. 

Those threads I call out, usually get closed so I'm probably calling them out for the right reasons.

I cannot and will not tolerate not even one thread that states some 'opinion' or promotes negativity towards Britney, brings up unnecessary drama from the past, or suggests what she should do or FEEL.

Those accounts should be banned forever. 

The whole point of Free Britney was for her to be free and happy. Unless someone could be so selfish, with a complete lack of empathy or compassion towards her situation.

Those are not fans, they are just as bad as the people who put her through hell.

I'd love for her to go back performing, but I will always respect her wishes first.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block