Who is the most iconic Spanish female singer?

On 9/12/2022 at 12:03 AM, IsraeliMatt said:

Yes! Wow, you really have international taste in music. One of the biggest Israeli pop stars ever is one of my favorites, Ivri Lider, who came out as gay really early, in 2002. It did not damage his success. Here's one of his best pop songs that's suited for dancing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTX6mWrXvNE 

There's another very good artist called Ishay Ribo, originally from France, who sings religious music. Even though his music isn't secular, his voice and musicality are so strong that he's appreciated widely even by secular Jews. This is my favorite from him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30pfWIQfoo

Here's a song from a popular artist called Eden Ben Zaken that feels like a Middle Eastern party. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHLrr4J1M4

On 9/12/2022 at 12:11 AM, IsraeliMatt said:

Also, to OP, here's a Spanish/Hebrew collaboration between Rotem Cohen and Descemer Bueno. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9RR895Oook

Massive, massive thank you! :bow_bowing_orange:

Also, your second post reminded me of...

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 1
21 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Spain only? I don't even know lol

But Spanish speaking? Selena, obviously. Or maybe Ednita Nazario, she's like the Latina Madonna, but without all of the raunchy and cringe social media presence.

I might sound ignorant but I gotta ask this :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: Is Selena truly that big an icon in Latin America? I see people mentioning her name left and right all the time but looking at her stats, her albums appear to only have charted in the U.S.A :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: 

I always got the impression she was mainly famous in the USA :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: so correct me if I'm wrong, I obviously don't know 5hit :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, corpsetranger said:

I might sound ignorant but I gotta ask this :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: Is Selena truly that big an icon in Latin America? I see people mentioning her name left and right all the time but looking at her stats, her albums appear to only have charted in the U.S.A :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: 

I always got the impression she was mainly famous in the USA :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: so correct me if I'm wrong, I obviously don't know 5hit :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Not here in Argentina.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, corpsetranger said:

Her music kinda blew up after her death. I can’t speak for all of Latin America, but she definitely became a legend in Puerto Rico (which is part of the US), and in Mexico. Which, duh. She was Mexican-American.

• Like 2
On 9/12/2022 at 8:57 AM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

OMG I haven't heard this song in over 20 years. :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised: It was EVERYWHERE in Puerto Rico in the early 2000's. Every single birthday party. Also some song about a cow and another one about a frog? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Yup it was everywhere! Everywhere.  The same with Aserejé!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block