Who is the most iconic Spanish female singer?

55 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

She was born in Spain but it also half Mexican, and I agree Rosalia is globally killing it right now. 

Mexico requires that people renounce their previous citizenship to receive Mexican citizenship. This contrasts people born in Mexico or abroad to a Mexico-born citizen or more than 1 Mexican grandparent, who are not subjected to any restrictions. Belinda is culturally Mexican, not legally Mexican. There was even a controversy at one point about her supporting a Mexican political candidate in certain ways which were not legal for foreigners. From what I've observed Belinda doesn't talk about her citizenship situation as she presumably doesn't want to alienate her fanbase in the country where she was raised, Mexico. I believe she currently lives in Spain. 

• Like 2

While my favorite Spanish-speaking country is Spain, my favorite Spanish-speaking artists are not Spanish. I enjoy Paulina Rubio, Shakira, and Thalia best. In terms of Spain, I am a fan of Enrique Iglesias. I adore the Belinda/Ana Mena collaboration 'Las 12.' 

This is my favorite song from Spanish artists, 'Verano' by La Oreja de Van Gogh. It's beautiful and romantic. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGB736cazVs

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block